News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lvpblues

lvpblues Profile Photo
Member Name: lvpblues
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
 Apr 20 2016, 10:43:11 AM

The link is working again. Sorry about that!

Original Cast of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA Will Reunite for Lincoln Center Concert
 Apr 19 2016, 10:38:20 PM

A piece recalling the opening night of the original production and the recent reunion concert at the Vivian Beaumont:

http://www.theatreaficionado.com/2016/04/light-piazza-reunion-concert.html

Most glorious voices ever heard
 Mar 18 2015, 01:50:38 AM
I think Rebecca Caine is pretty spectacular.

Worst musical to win best musical?
 Jun 10 2011, 12:09:19 AM
For me: Cats, Thoroughly Modern Millie & Applause.
Kate Baldwin's "She Loves Him" to get CD release from PS Classics!
 Apr 29 2011, 04:45:05 AM
As per this Playbill exclusive. I ended up seeing the show at Feinstein's twice; I just loved it. I'm really excited to have it on CD.

~K

Wish cast recording do you wish bk (Kritzerland) could get his hands on?
 Nov 12 2010, 06:17:49 PM
Donnybrook! and A Time for Singing (I know the latter was almost a reality, but I can still hope!)
Bernstein Tribute at NYCO
 Nov 7 2010, 05:07:41 PM
Here are my thoughts on the concert. If I hadn't a prior commitment today I would have gone a second time.

~K

Bernstein Tribute at NYCO
 Nov 7 2010, 01:04:20 AM
Act One (Classical)

"To What You Said" (Songfest) - Christopher Feigum
"A Julia de Burgos" (Songfest) - Talise Trevigne
Kaddish 2 (Kaddish Symphony) - Talise Trevigne
"Simple Song" (Mass) - Joshua Jeremiah
"Thank You" (Mass) - Sara Jakubiak
"Gloria Tibi"(Mass) - Joshua Hopkins
"What Lips My Lips Have Kissed (Songfest) - Patricia Risley
"Sanctus" (Mass) - NYCO Chorus & Children's Chorus

Act Two (Broadway)

"New York, New York" (On the Town) -

RIP Jerry Bock
 Nov 4 2010, 03:23:53 PM
When I started reading about his death, I was listening to my itunes playlist on shuffle. Every third or fourth song was by Jerry Bock. I ended up spending most of last night and this morning with his scores - and I continue marvel at his craftsmanship. It's a shame his collaboration with Harnick ended in 1970, but so grateful for their output.

~K

Joanna Lumley's Spectacular LA BETE Entrance
 Sep 29 2010, 07:02:56 PM
Jane Krakowski in Nine comes readily to mind...

and then there's this...

KISS ME KATE 1952 Revival?
 Aug 10 2010, 01:50:16 PM
As per "The Oxford Companion to the American Musical," this was a tour brought to Broadway as a return engagement at popular prices and zero audience interest.
Jerry Herman is thinking about writing another show!
 May 24 2010, 02:09:23 PM
I don't see Catherine as Mame, I think she's more a Vera.

I vote for Donna Murphy.

Best Broadway Overtures (HELP NEEDED)
 Mar 16 2010, 05:29:52 PM
I'll add On the Twentieth Century, Irma La Douce, and Mame to the list.

A shame too that there's not an official recording of Bernstein's overture to "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue." I really liked that one.

~K

Anybody catch the new cast of GOD OF CARNAGE tonight?
 Mar 5 2010, 07:20:32 PM
I definitely want to see this cast again; they bring something to the play I hadn't seen before.
 Mar 3 2010, 09:57:46 PM
Yes she does. And quite well, I think. She's got one of the greatest speaking voices I think I've ever heard in an actress. I'd be curious to hear how different her experience is with the Americanized circumstances.
 Mar 3 2010, 09:41:24 PM
I was at their first performance, and was rather impressed with all four actors. Feels like a brand new show and is well worth seeing, in my estimation. I went into more detail on it at my blog.

Best,
~K

Patricia Routledge performs the 'Duet for One'
 Feb 4 2010, 08:00:06 PM
From "Balancing Act: The Authorized Biography of Angela Lansbury" by Martin Gottfried (pg 229):

Despite Sondheim's preference for Angela, Patricia Routledge remained Harold Prince's actress of choice to co star with Len Cariou in Sweeney Todd. The director even arranged for Cariou and Routledge to confer by telephone, while he was in Vienna making the movie version of A Little Night Music. In fact, that was the one reason why Sweeney Todd wasn't being produced in 1976.

Routledg

Feb 4 2010, 05:53:23 PM
I think it's one of the greater enigmas that Routledge didn't have a more successful career in American musicals. She never had a hit on Broadway; though she scored a great success with Pirates of Penzance in Central in 1980 (but for whatever reason didn't transfer).

"Love Match" and "Say Hello to Harvey" were the two musicals she did that folded out of town. In the latter (which was an unnecessary adaptation) she had a great showstopper (yet again) called "A Lousy Life" where she, as V

Feb 3 2010, 06:10:13 PM
Clive Barnes noted her accent in his review for the NY Times.

She was basically the only one involved who escaped the musical with positive notices, some of which I've rounded up here (as well as some of the ecstatic raves for her Tony-winning turn in "Darling of the Day"):

Patricia Routledge performs the
 Feb 3 2010, 03:44:13 PM
I've seen folks talk about this particular number as a fond memory from the otherwise troubled musical "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue." I thought I'd share this with those curious about her performance.

Best,
~K

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You