News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rocky Horror

Rocky Horror Profile Photo
Member Name: Rocky Horror
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: explanation of URSULA'S dress...?
 Dec 7 2007, 04:44:58 PM
Aaactually, Ursula is a squid, haha. 6 tentacles.

I can see how you'd think Tatiana got her inspiration from here, but Ursula twice mentions her suction cups. So either they're being inaccurate or she's just not based off this particular squid. Ha, I look far too deeply into things!

re: A Tim Burton Directed 'Into The Woods'
 Dec 7 2007, 04:37:23 PM
If Zac Efron goes anywhere near ITW I'll seriously shoot someone.

I can't think of a full cast, but -

Witch - Cher/Helena Bonham Carter
Jack's Mother - Debra Jo Rupp! (Y'know, Eric's mother from 'That 70's Show'

re: In Real Life I am a...
 Dec 4 2007, 06:42:35 AM
Fashion student/model/sales advisor at Topshop (clothes store in the UK lol, www.topshop.com)
re: The Little Mermaid tonight (12/1)
 Dec 2 2007, 05:27:36 PM
No, not reeeally. The ending has been rescripted, and is now much longer. In the first few weeks in Denver, Ursula came in, flooded the castle then Ariel threw Ursula's shell, killing her. Towards the end of the run, Ariel picked up the shell and Ursula tried tempting her to give it back by turning Ariel against her father. Eric also made an irrelevant appearance in this scene.

Ursula still does the same now, except she's not as obvious with wanting the shell to save her life. Her death

re: The Little Mermaid tonight (12/1)
 Dec 2 2007, 04:35:27 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't really pick fault with it!

The show seems so much more grand than it did in Denver. I think it's the musical arrangements, to be honest. For example, Fathoms Below used to have a short sharp introduction, lessening the impact of the opening. Now the opening seems very powerful, with the entire ship crew singing 'Anchors Away' instead of just the one they used in Denver.

Also, the 'descent into the sea' now sounds much eerier. It sound

re: Photo Preview: The Little Mermaid
 Aug 23 2007, 08:09:07 AM
I'm assuming that they may release more after the press night tonight. At least, I hope so! I really want to see Sherie.
re: Best Overture Ever
 Dec 29 2006, 05:26:35 PM
My favourites are:

Les Misérables
Wicked
Witches Of Eastwick

re: Bring Rocky Horror back to broadway
 Dec 3 2006, 10:04:33 AM
As much as I LOVE Rocky Horror (hence the username) I really wasn't a fan of the revival. Don't get me wrong, the cast was perfect (with the exception of Joan Jett) and the best cast so far in my eyes, but I just didn't like the staging.

I didn't care much for the abstract set design, as it didn't really set the atmosphere of the scene - eg. a terrifying castle, a lab etc

The costumes were good but I abseloutely hated Columbia's bondage style outfit, complete with leather and c

Special Effect on stage that had the most impact to you in the storytelling
 Nov 1 2006, 02:44:04 PM
I think my favourite special effect would be the Prince's transformation into a hideous Beast in 'Beauty and the Beast'.

When I first saw the show, I was a bit dubious about it, but I was captivated as soon as the haunting Prologue started.

I was very familiar with all the music but I knew very little about the staging of the show, so you can imagine my surprise when a (seemingly) old hag transforms into a beautiful, shimmering Enchantress and flies up, towering above the Princ

re: Moments on Cast Recordings that drive you crazy
 Oct 2 2006, 12:08:29 PM
In 'Defying Gravity' on the OBC of Wicked, when Idina says 'think of what we could do', she says 'do' kinda oddly. It sounds a bit like 'djhoo'. Listen to it, and you'll understand what I mean.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You