News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Elphie_Fae

Elphie_Fae Profile Photo
Member Name: Elphie_Fae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
 Aug 19 2006, 02:16:15 PM
Haha, the one about saying Hi to all the characters reminded me of something my friend Jessica does.

---When you're in Jamba Juice/Starbucks and they ask for your name, you give them "Elphaba", just to see how they spell it. (Record holder for worst spelling: "Elkava", Starbucks)

EDITED BECAUSE FRIEND GOT UPSET: Sorry, sorry. I didn't get my story straight. It was "Alkava", and it was at the Coffee Bean. My mistake.

re: You know you're a Broadway musical fan when...
 Aug 19 2006, 02:11:31 PM
When you bet your friends that you can associate any random word with a musical in under 30 seconds. And you can. ("Swimming pool" and Aida, anybody?)

OH GEEZE! I can't believe you said that. That is TOO perfect!

Okay, so. I got my Aida cast recording from my friend, and when she gave it to me it had a scratch on it in the middle of "A Step Too Far", right during Adam's lovely solo. So it goes something like: "I'm in every kind of trouble, can't you tell? Just look at me

re: Who's Your Favorite Elphaba?
 Aug 19 2006, 01:16:37 PM
Stephanie J. rocks my socks.

She just IS Elphaba. But I don't feel quite right saying that she's my favorite Elphie seeing as I never actually got to see her perform the role...I saw Victoria Matlock. Victoria Matlock was AMAZING and I'd rave about her anytime, but...Stephanie was better. <3

re: Is Julia the standby Elphaba now?
 Aug 19 2006, 01:05:01 PM
Ha. Well, that's a bummer. *sarcasm.* I really don't like Julia. Victoria Matlock is amazing, so...let the girl sing!
re: re: re: The one B'Way song stuck in your head?
 Aug 19 2006, 12:43:21 PM
I can NEVER get Popular out of my head.

People ask me why I'm prancing around belting "Laaaaaaa, laaaaa, laaaaaaaaaa laaaaaaa!" and I can never give them a better answer than "Well...it's fun!"

re: Fav. actress/ actor in a musical
 Aug 17 2006, 01:09:05 PM
I was so tempted to pull an "OMGIDINALOLZ" but someone beat me to it.

My Favorites:

Stephanie J. Block--Wicked, Boy From Oz, and everything else. She's the best.
Kendra Kassebaum--Wicked
Kristin Chenoweth--Wicked

Adam Pascal--Rent (don't hurt me.)

re: More Pirate Queen photos
 Aug 17 2006, 01:02:04 PM
Mmmkay, if I wasn't squee-ing enough about this musical already, your threads have certainly got me pumped, thanks for them. Those cast and crew photos are the absolute CUTEST things I've ever seen, and I'm bouncing with anticipation. I really want to see Steph in the title role before she leaves it, but I doubt I'll get to...my parents would never take me to NY or Chicago.
re: The Latest from Stephanie J. Block
 Aug 17 2006, 12:54:14 PM
Eee! *squeals like a silly fangirl. Well, okay. I am a silly fangirl* I'm so excited for Pirate Queen! I love Steph. She's amazing. Absolutely terrific, and the sweetest person I've ever met. I really really wanted to go to her show in Birdland, I begged and begged, but my parents HATE New York and won't take me! CURSE CALIFORNIA!

I'm a bit scared though, that she'll end up like the next Idina Menzel, where EVERYONE knows her name and you can't go ANYWHERE without people squealing about

re: Other SWEENEY movie cast members - LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN
 Aug 17 2006, 12:25:53 PM
Oh, I'd love to see Kristin in another movie, it would make me smile...but do recall, this is TIM BURTON. I really don't think dark, creepy Tim Burton would cast the energetic and enthusiastic, hyper little Kristin in any movie that he's putting his name on. No insult to Kristin, of course, she's in my top three favorite actresses...but I really don't think she and Tim Burton would make a good team XD
re: My Newest Obsession
 Aug 17 2006, 12:21:32 PM
Oh.

Now he's pretty. =]

I'm seeing A Chorus Line sometime soon. Not anyplace big, just my little city theatre, but still, it's the thought that counts.

re: 30 Days of iPod! Your Favorites Tell Us What's on Their iPods!! What's
 Aug 17 2006, 12:19:53 PM
I LOVE how Daphne says "I'm on my iPod." Hey man, if I did the RENT OBC, I'd be on my iPod, too.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You