News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Spotlight61

Member Name: Spotlight61
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

To Kill A Mockingbird - Script
 Jun 17 2019, 08:50:30 AM

Thank you.

To Kill A Mockingbird - Script
 Jun 17 2019, 05:42:07 AM

Can anyone confirm if this script been published?

I'm keen to read this version but cannot see any reference to a published version.

Thank you for answering.

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
 Aug 14 2015, 12:20:09 PM

The London cast of Footloose in 2006.

What makes a successful Musical?
 Aug 11 2015, 11:51:24 AM

Engagement and entertainment.

Audition song for Mary Poppins?!?!
 Aug 11 2015, 11:50:10 AM

Rather than limit yourself by selecting a song that shows you in a particular character light, would it not be better to sing a song that shows off your full vocal and acting through song ability?

If you love the show so much, then being a part of it is better than limiting your chances by singing a song that potentially hinders your true performance potential being displayed.

It should also be said that given the character age of the Bird Woman, would you be considered by a

Theatre staged like a film? Filmic staging?
 Jul 31 2015, 06:40:44 AM

Mike Ockrent's 'Me and My Girl' was staged on the basis of a filmic concept including underscoring and full view scene changes.

His aim was that the stage should never go to black until the interval and there should be a continual visual motion that aided the story telling.

FINDING NEVERLAND OBC recording
 Jul 18 2015, 11:37:30 AM

Listening to this thanks to Apple Music (free subscription) and I'm liking some of the numbers.

Neverland and When Your Feet Don't Touch The Ground are truly beautiful.

The Sound of Music LIVE ITV
 Jul 12 2015, 01:15:19 PM

I believe Laurence Connor was being mentioned as the director of this.

I know castings were held and it was due to rehearse in February/March of this year but since then, nothing!

Ghost? Rocky? then why not Back to the Future Musical?
 Jul 5 2015, 12:59:19 PM

For some time there was one being developed. In the UK the director of the project was announced, Jamie Lloyd.

Here is that announcement;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25976383

However, despite making the announcement and even the theatre, The Dominion, all seemed to fall apart with artistic differences being cited.

Here is the reporting of that;

https://www.thestage.co.uk/news/2014/jamie-lloyd-steps-back-future-musical/

Since then very little has been mentioned and so there is no knowing whether this has got a green light or not!

Casualties Post Tony Awards
 Jun 10 2015, 11:17:56 AM

I believe I'm agreeing with you both. I understand fully what makes a business successful.

I'm actually saying that economics are the drivers for shows.

My reference to 'sentiment' was especially about Kander and Ebbs The Visit, with Chita as the headline name. People talk about her in revered terms and yet the show fails to attract an audience.

I have read other posts in the build up to the show opening where people appeared genuinely excited to have her back

Jun 10 2015, 07:42:02 AM

And now Gigi joins the post Tony's casualties list.

Clearly there in no room for sentiment nor respect for the calibre of professionals involved.

Hard-headed business decisions are the drivers in the business we call show.

Another one of the predictions made by those contributors earlier in these comments.

Jun 9 2015, 04:23:12 AM

Well that was quick, The Visit to shutter this Sunday and as predicted by many in the discussion to this original question.

So sad for all involved.

Best Live Performances You've Ever Seen
 Jun 6 2015, 05:18:01 PM

Great question.

My immediate responses are;

Judi Dench in A Little Night Music at The National Theatre

Jack Lemmon in A Long Day's Journey Into Night at The Haymarket Theatre, London

Anthony Sher in Torch Song Trilogy

Imelda Staunton in Sweeney Todd

Ian McKellen and Tom

Jun 6 2015, 02:13:48 PM

Many thanks everyone for your contribution so far.

Very interesting comments and certainly there appears to be a general consensus as to which shows are struggling and post Tony's will announce closure.

However, I now ask you to use those informed brains to recall and enlighten me as to whether any shows that were struggling having garnered a Tony nomination and won, turned the corner and having had turned into a Broadway success?

I don't have any answers and

Jun 6 2015, 10:18:26 AM

Not being based in the US, I am curious as to what shows will fall by the wayside after the Tony awards are announced on Sunday?

Each year, it would seem some shows hope for a Tony uplift, firstly getting a nomination and then, winning improves the box office life (for a while), however, when losing out, they announce their imminent closure.

Will the same happen this year and, if so, what shows may take a final bow in the coming weeks?

I should add and emphasi

Stephen Schwartz new musical is about...
 May 6 2015, 01:19:03 PM

Oh dear Trevor Nunn, that's a worry!

There was a time when Nunn had the midas touch. However, his last directed musical 'Gone With The Wind' was a disaster.

Or is this new production an opera? Seance was an opera. So I don't think its right to call it a flop as it was destined for a different audience than the populist musical theatre audience.

Given the subject matter, it does seem that it will be more opera based than musical theatre.

So Nunn may

GIGI @ Kennedy Center
 Jan 20 2015, 11:49:26 AM
Heidi Thomas who writes the British TV export, Call The Midwife, is a real creative force and will no doubt be honing this to ensure that her first Broadway adaptation will succeed with audiences and critics alike.

It has been garnering standing ovations, which is no mean feat for a tryout.

SMASH! To get...
 Mar 22 2012, 07:44:21 PM
Being in the UK and having not seen the show yet (it is due to air here in April) I have striven to not be overly influenced or to be made aware of what might potentially be spoilers.

So apologies if I am posting something that appears as part of another post regarding Smash.

I'm just wanting to remain in ignorant bliss!!

SMASH! To get...
 Mar 22 2012, 06:09:49 PM
a second season on NBC. These are very early reports but this suggests that SMASH has been a ratings winner.

Some have also suggested that SMASH and the musical it focuses on 'Marilyn' could well get an actual outing on Broadway, which would be simply amazing, if the whole concept was a drama constructed to build up an expectation then this trumps anything ALW has achieved through his Saturday night TV audition shows in the UK!!

Song Portfolio
 May 28 2011, 10:09:51 AM
English character actor seeks the wisdom of my beloved friends across the pond to foster further our 'essential relationship' by offering inspiration and guidance in building a portfolio of songs suitable for auditions and performance.

In my early 50's with a powerful high baritone/tenor voice.

What choice of songs would you suggest as being suitable for my years and vocal range?

Your advice, guidance and insight would be greatly appreciated.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You