News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalMan76

MusicalMan76 Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicalMan76
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jersey Boys Toronto will close Aug. 22
 Jul 8 2010, 12:41:36 AM
Has anyone considered the fact that if ticket sales pick up with the closing notice, that it may be extended? Other shows that have posted closing notices in Toronto have seen a surge in ticket sales and delayed their closings by several weeks, if not months.

Just a thought.

re: Mary Poppins tour changes?
 Dec 21 2009, 01:33:27 PM
Two Canadians -- Blythe Wilson and Laird Macintosh -- will be joining the US tour of Mary Poppins as Mrs. and Mr. Banks, respectively.
re: Why Do So Many Revival Reviews Have to Knock the Original?
 Dec 3 2009, 10:10:04 PM
I can't pinpoint it, exactly... I know I was only 20, 21 at the time... but I remember just not "connecting" emotionally to the story... I loved the music and the performances... but I wasn't invested in caring about the characters all that much.
re: Why Do So Many Revival Reviews Have to Knock the Original?
 Dec 1 2009, 02:46:14 PM
As someone who saw the original Ragtime and was completely underwhelmed, I am incredibly excited about the revival. I've always loved the adaptation, but there was something I couldn't pinpoint in the original that felt lackluster. I find it fascinating when examining my development as an artist to know that I'm more drawn to the relative "unknowns" of the revival (with the exception of a few performers) than I was to the "stars" of the original.

I think the only people who can accura

re: Grammy for Best Cast Album 2009: Who Should Be Nominated/Win?
 Jul 6 2009, 03:17:29 PM
I could see "Rock of Ages" being a strong contender... It's a pretty great recording.
re: Songs involving 'SEASONS'
 May 19 2009, 12:35:51 PM
Any more thoughts? Thanks again everbody! :)
 May 17 2009, 01:56:36 PM
Wonderful start guys and gals, thank you! Wow, Broadway loves Spring, doesn't it? :)
 May 17 2009, 04:29:32 AM
You guys are amazing... THANK YOU! :) Please please please keep thinking! :)
 May 16 2009, 03:26:03 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions thus far... Yes, SEASONS OF LOVE will probably be the title of the piece (cheesy, I know, barf, I'm just the musical director) -- and it was too obvious that I totally forgot about it. lol

Keep them coming! :)

Songs involving "SEASONS"
 May 16 2009, 02:19:41 PM
Hello all! I apologize in advance if this thread is on the wrong page, but I ask your indulgence...

I was hoping you all could help me compile a strong list of musical theatre songs - solos, duets, trios, ensemble numbers, etc. - that involve anything having to do with "SEASONS".

Obvious choices like Summer Nights, Winter's On The Wing, and Another Winter In A Summer Town are great -- please keep them coming... but other choices that might not be immediately apparent would be

re: Nine Trailer!
 May 14 2009, 10:50:47 AM
It looks amazing! And I beg to differ with the close comparison to Chicago in the other thread... There were a few moments that looked similar, but they were clearly sequences being filmed for the movie... I have a feeling it will have a hint of the flavor, but will not merely a carbon copy of Chicago. :)
re: Mel VS Dolly
 May 8 2009, 08:39:32 AM
And yet look at the reception Reba McEntire had.
Faith Prince as URSULA in "The Little Mermaid"
 Feb 17 2009, 11:39:18 AM
Hey guys -- found this item online....
re: Julia Murney as Rose...?
 Nov 1 2008, 03:06:50 PM
And perhaps she can learn to act with more than just her eyes in the next 15-20 years. lol
re: Gershwin's 'Lady Be Good' - SWISS MISS
 Sep 2 2008, 05:16:42 PM
Please, if anyone can just check their Gershwin books, I'd be grateful! :) Thanks!
Gershwin's "Lady Be Good" - SWISS MISS
 Sep 2 2008, 12:06:27 AM
Hey all, I know this is a little (!) off-topic, but I know this board gets the most hits, and I'm a little desperate. Does anyone have the vocal score to the Gershwin's "Lady Be Good", or more specifically the sheet music for the song "Swiss Miss" -- and might have the capabilities to scan it and email it to me? I'm in a bit of a jam, and any help you all might be able to give would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!
re: So is The Little Mermaid doing better than Beauty and the Beast gross w
 Aug 25 2008, 01:52:00 AM
Yes. The Little Mermaid is MUCH more gross than Beauty and the Beast. hehehe
re: New 'So Much Better' single! :) (Spoiler Alert!)
 Jul 22 2008, 09:58:21 PM
Wow guys and gals, chill out. I started this thread to discuss the new single, not things like Bailey's grammar, her blog, or how many of you think her acting is terrible. Feel free to start your own Bailey-bashing thread.
 Jul 21 2008, 11:43:55 PM
I love how they only brought four performers from Legally Blonde to record it with her. :) Smart way to save money, I guess. lol
 Jul 21 2008, 11:39:43 PM
I'm using Canadian Itunes, so I don't know how to post the link! Sorry!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You