News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nodaybut2day1205

nodaybut2day1205 Profile Photo
Member Name: nodaybut2day1205
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mary Poppins student rush?!
 Aug 6 2009, 06:39:52 PM
7:15 last NIGHT?? They go on sale when the box office opens- at 10, I'm assuming? And there were still tickets left? I hope that means I don't need to show up at 6 in the morning...
Mary Poppins student rush?!
 Aug 6 2009, 06:32:57 PM
From playbill.com's student rush policies page:

Student Rush: $30 - sold on the day of performance when the box office opens. Subject to availability. Only available to college/university students. Limit 1 ticket per valid ID.

Maybe I haven't been around for a while, but I didn't think any of the disney shows did this. Has anybody done it? How early do people show up? Where are the seats? Do they consistently sell weekend tickets, or will they not sell any becaus

Extra ticket to Connect/Disconnect Wed 7/22!
 Jul 21 2009, 01:08:13 PM
I have a ticket to Connect/Disconnect for this Wednesday night at 9:00 that I'm not going to use. It's part of the Midtown International Theatre Festival. I bought it at the student price- $15. It's an E-ticket so I can email you a PDF that you can print out and pay with paypal. Anybody interested?

EDIT: I don't want the ticket to go to waste, so if it's only money that's stopping you, PM me.

Here's some more info:

Teater Omen presents
Connect/Disconnect

Representational/Presenational Acting
 May 2 2007, 07:56:07 PM
I'm doing a paper on Repect for Acting by Uta Hagen, and in it she talks about the difference between representational and presentation acting....but I was doing some research online, and I'm finding a lot of things that say that the 2 kinds of acting are actually opposite of what she says. According to her, "The Representational actor deliberately chooses to imitate or illustrate the character's behavior. The Presentational actor attempts to reveal human behavior through a use of himself, through an understanding of himself and consequently and understanding of the character he is portraying. The Representational actor finds a form based on an objective result for the character, which he then carefully watches as he executes it. The Presentational actor trusts that a form will result from identification with the character and discovery of his character's actions, and works on stage for a moment-to-moment subjective experience."

Butttttt here is one example of something I found online (don't worry, wikipedia isn't the only thing i'm basing my question on, there are many others that say the same thing): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presentational_acting

I'd trust a book over the internet any day of the week, but they are saying the complete opposite thing!

David Pack's The Songs of West Side Story CD
 Apr 17 2007, 03:31:54 PM
Does anybody else have the cd of David Pack's arrangements of the Songs of WSS? I'm totally in love with it, it's my new favorite cd. Tonight, Maria, Something's Coming, the Jet Song, and the Rumble are definitely my favorites. And Cool. The arrangements and performances are SO amazing!
re: Saw Company yesterday afternoon( 3.24)
 Mar 25 2007, 11:34:02 PM
Wait, that song was added into the show for the revival? It wasn't in the original?
What show has moved you the most, and why?
 Mar 17 2007, 05:00:06 PM
PersonofInterest- I do the same exact thing! I cry a large majority of the time, for various reasons, and the people I'm with often just stare or say "aww." It really makes it an uncomfortable situation! So I go alone whenever I can now too.

Anyway, for me it would probably be Sweeney Todd, which was the first Sondheim show I ever saw performed (the revival). I had never seen or heard anything like it- Sondheim is so unbelievable. And the other one is Grey Gardens. It took a whil

re: the producers rush
 Mar 4 2007, 04:57:44 PM
I've done it a few times, and gotten side front orchestra. It's partial view, because you can't see one of the side walls to Max's office and things like that, but I've also moved closer to center both times.
re: Piecing together a monologue
 Mar 4 2007, 04:45:58 PM
Would that be appropriate for an audition?
Piecing together a monologue
 Mar 4 2007, 03:44:20 PM
Hey, I posted this on the student board, but it's only gotten like 14 views and no responses in a couple of hours so I'm posting it here, I hope that's ok.

I'm thinking about doing a monologue from A Raisin In The Sun. Beneatha has a pretty large chunk of speech herself that I was going to use, but it's interrupted in a few places by Asagai, and I know that it's possible to just eliminate those lines....however, his lines aren't just "yes, go on.." sort of lines- she actually responds t

re: How Do I Get My Voice Back?
 Feb 21 2007, 08:38:42 PM
Sleep as much as you possibly can....and if you have a vaporizer, you should put it on while you sleep, especially if you have your heat on (it dries out the air).
Sweeney Audition?
 Feb 1 2007, 05:56:00 PM
Oyy, sorry, double post!
Sweeney Audition?
 Jan 31 2007, 09:17:35 PM
On playbill.com there's an open audition for Sweeney-

http://www.playbill.com/jobs/find/job_detail/14627.html

Anybody know exactly what this is for? The dates say that it's only a 3-month run, and it's equity...I'm just sort of confused, because it seems weird that they would make a professional production right now in NY.

re: Are these good seats
 Jan 13 2007, 02:07:55 PM
I sat in fourth row partial view seats and it SUCKED. By "partial view" they really mean "you don't see the majority of the stuff happening on stage, including the ENTIRE triangle march thing" view.
re: What Do You Think The Sweeney Todd Trailer Should Look Like?
 Jan 11 2007, 06:32:39 PM
and finally a quick shot of Johnny Depp "You sir - how about a shave!" in close up

I like that idea =D
I'm excited to see Johnny in the role now hehe.

re: Your favorite composer?
 Dec 29 2006, 11:57:33 PM
Sondheim
Jason Robert Brown
and since we're including non-broadway composers-
Eric Whitacre (GOD of choral music, check him out)

re: Baron Cohen To Rap the Role of Pirelli in Sweeney Film
 Dec 17 2006, 01:49:24 PM
By "rapped", don't they just mean sort of talked-sung? Like whoever played Morrible in Wicked that couldn't sing? Because as much as I'd like somebody who can do the music justice, if they insist on using someone who can't sing I'd rather see it "rapped" than see him attempt to sing it.
re: 5 Shows you would give ANYTHING to see.
 Dec 8 2006, 09:36:49 PM
1. Last 5 Years
2. Assassins
3. Miss Saigon
4. Sweet Charity OBC
5. A Chorus Line OBC

The 2 that I wasn't alive for- fine, but it really kills me that I never got to see the other 3 =(

re: les miz standing room
 Nov 18 2006, 04:23:48 PM
I went a few weeks ago to get standing room and they weren't selling any at the time, even though telecharge said they were. I'd check with the box office before you try anything. And don't bother getting the $66 partial view seats either, because...well, you know the big triangle at the end of act 1? I couldn't see any of it, that's how "partial view" the seats are.
re: SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD...in NYC....
 Nov 17 2006, 07:16:52 AM
Now I'm suspicious...I thought people would be jumping all over this one, but I guess not.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You