News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mamie4

Mamie4 Profile Photo
Member Name: Mamie4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: writing to actors/actresses..help needed
 Dec 15 2003, 07:45:18 AM
Write no more than two paragraphs and make sure that they appear on one page. (Nobody has time to read through pages of correspondence.)

In the first paragraph tell them why you like them. What you've seen of their work that you're particularly fond of and congratulate them on their current work.

In the second paragraph tell them that you would really like their autograph on a picture.

If possible SEND THEM THE PICTURE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE SIGNED! Photos are expensive

re: re: Shows You Walked Out On ( If Any)
 Dec 15 2003, 07:22:12 AM
I've walked out at intermission many times. Maybe it's an age thing - but I just feel that any time remaining in my life has more importance than sitting in a particular theatre at particular times watching shows that I absolutely hate. I go to the theatre quite often, at least once a week and many times more. I adore the theatre and go whenever humanly possible. In fact, I usher when I can't afford to buy the ticket. But when I have bought the ticket and ended up hating the show, I have le
re: re: re: re: Closing Shows on Broadway
 Dec 5 2003, 11:28:31 PM
I regularly read this board and "Talkin' Broadway" primarily to get news about what's going on in town at the various theatres and news about what's coming. Unfortunately I DON'T share most of the members passion for musicals. Some of them are all right - but they're never my first choice. The lack of plays on Broadway now is heartbreaking but the absolutely grand fact is that New York has OFF-BROADWAY and OFF-OFF-BROADWAY!

I do think that spending $100 for a play is too much. I also

re: re: re: re: re: re: Written just for me...(Ave Q).
 Dec 4 2003, 05:02:50 PM
Do they sign Playbills at the stage door after the show?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Marquis Stage Door?
 Dec 2 2003, 11:27:06 PM
Thanks! That's the kind of encouragement I needed. Happy Holidays!

re: re: re: re: re: Marquis Stage Door?
 Dec 2 2003, 11:11:32 PM
This is a Sunday matinee show and I don't believe there is an evening performance. I'm not sure what to do. With the comments below, it might not be feasable to wait. I'll have to wait and see I guess.
re: re: Marquis Stage Door?
 Dec 2 2003, 02:43:35 PM
Thank you very much! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Marquis Stage Door?
 Dec 2 2003, 02:20:10 PM
I'm bringing my niece to NY for her Christmas present and we're seeing "Millie" on 12/28. It would be nice if she could get Sutton's autograph on her Playbill after the show that afternoon. I've seen TMM a couple of times but I haven't a clue where the stage door might be. Can anyone help?
re: re: re: re: A change of pace--INVENTION OF LOVE
 Dec 1 2003, 06:00:11 PM
Sadly, the site is no more. It was originally placed on line for the opening of the play in London. When the play was produced in America, the same glossary and study guide were attached to the web site for the theatre doing the production. Right now I can't remember if it was Philadelphia or Chicago. In either case, it's gone now.

I did find a page which explains quite a bit of information. It's not as detailed as the original study guide, but it would definitely help. http://iupjournals.org/jml/mod24-2.html

re: DECK THE BOARDS
 Dec 1 2003, 05:30:12 PM
I'm there. (Ain't she sweet?)
re: A change of pace--INVENTION OF LOVE
 Dec 1 2003, 12:50:33 AM
This production seemed to haunt me. Over the course of its run I must have seen it 4 times. Every time I went back to NY I found myself going back to see it again.

I believe that one of the reasons I was able to enjoy it so much was that I had done my homework before seeing it for the first time. I found a site on the web that provided biographic backgrounds of each of the characters represented in the play. It also defined the meanings behind the Greek and Latin quotations cited by

re: Playbill's Take on Bernadette's Tony Performance
 Jun 13 2003, 04:52:18 PM
I've never really been much of a BP's fan. The idea of her playing Mama Rose was so ridiculous that I immediately wrote it off when planning my B'way trips. A friend who had seen the play told me to hold off all criticism until I had seen her. In the friend's opinion Bernadette was incredibly good in the role. So I went. And I was completely bowled over. I walked out of that theatre in tears. I am SO GLAD I taped the Tony show so I could see it again. Bravo Bernadette! (You were robbed!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You