News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatredorkny

Member Name: theatredorkny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Why Arent' Actors Dubbed In Movie Musicals Anymore?
 Dec 3 2009, 02:47:23 PM
How about casting actors who can actually sing/dance the role? In theatre you don't have the option of being dubbed. You go out and you do your thing. I know film is an entirely different medium but still. Personally even if the singing isn't that great I like knowing that at least the actor gave it a shot. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't (I agree that Pierce Brosnan should never be allowed to sing again). As a director I believe if the actor can't handle the role they should not have been
Happy 1 Year Anniversay Billy Elliot!
 Nov 13 2009, 12:53:05 PM
Billy Elliot opened on Broadway 1 year ago, 11/13/08. Congrats to cast, crew, and creative team for a successful year and many more to come!
"Nine" Movie Soundtrack
 Sep 29 2009, 12:19:30 PM
I've searched everywhere and can't find any info regarding the "Nine" soundtrack. November is nearing and you'd think they'd start promoting it by now. Anyone have any info?
re: rOcKS @ 'Superior Donuts'
 Sep 18 2009, 12:39:15 PM
I saw the invited dress on Tuesday night and I mostly enjoyed it. There is some great humor in the show. It's not as riveting as August, but much of the writing was solid. The actors all played off each incredibly well.
I loved Michael McKean when he was interacting with others but his monologues completely took me out of the story. I'm not sure if it was the writing or the directing but I would lose interest when he was in his lone spotlight. Also, the fight scene in Act 2 went on for way

re: Where can I find a lestat Tee
 Aug 21 2009, 09:36:25 PM
BroadwayNewYork.com has Lestat tees and magnets. Possibly some other lestat stuff. check it out!
re: Your best and worst from this Broadway Season
 Aug 17 2009, 05:02:08 PM
Best:
Billy Elliot
9 to 5
Title of Show
Next to Normal

Worst:
Tale of Two Cities
Pal Joey
Guys and Dolls

re: Moments in a play or musical that almost ruin it?
 Jul 9 2009, 09:52:47 AM
The final 30 seconds of the Patti revival of "Gypsy" where the giant Rose sign comes down and she's left reaching for it as the curtain comes down. Completely ruined the show for me. This moment pushed Rose from a woman having a nervous breakdown (what it should be), to a woman who's completely insane (wrong way to go). Rose may be a little nuts but even at the end she should be in control.
re: Will HAIR or 9 to 5 or NEXT TO NORMAL have souvenir programs soon?
 Jul 1 2009, 04:48:57 PM
Yes, "9 to5", "Hair" and "N2N" have programs in the works. "Hair" should be available next week. "9 to 5" and "N2N" will be out soon. The "9 to 5" program that has been available is the LA program. The Broadway program is much more detailed.
re: Hair Cast Audience Interaction
 Jun 12 2009, 11:26:03 AM
I won the lotto last Friday and was in the front row of the Right Box. Let me tell you, there was plenty of interaction. At some point or another every one of the leads (and numerous Tribe members) were in our face, on our laps, singing to us, playing with out hair (and encouraging us to play with theirs). There is no 4th fall with this production. It was even better now then it was in the park! I loved every minute of it!
re: 9 to 5 Rush...?
 May 12 2009, 09:42:04 AM
I asked the box office yesterday about rush vs lotto. They were supposed to start the lotto today but did not get they're act together soon enough so this week is still rush. The lotto will likely begin next week. Lotto seats will be the same as the rush seats.
re: Has anyone seen Faith Prince in Mermaid?
 May 6 2009, 09:51:34 AM
I've seen all three Ursulas and Faith Prince was by far my favorite. I despise most of the show, I think the physical production is a complete disaster. However, seeing the show with Prince was the first time I actually enjoyed The Little Mermaid. She's the only Ursula who made the costume work and made it a natural extension of her body and gave it some movement. She was the only Ursula I was actually afraid of. Go see her! She is AMAZING!
re: ROOMS - Cast Album??
 Apr 3 2009, 03:54:22 PM
I just saw the show last night and spoke with a couple of the producers of the show who said that yes, a cast recording is in the works and should be recorded in the near future! I'm so excited cause this was one of the most amazing musicals I've seen in a long time. Leslie and Doug were both brilliant.
re: Is This True???
 Sep 28 2006, 07:30:39 PM
Drama is a general term used for any non-musical play. Always read the stage directions because while most of then were written in by the stage manager of the first production, some may have been written by the playright. There's an example in the book "Misdirecting the Play" which describes a situation where a director blacked out all stage directions before reading them, then wondered why one of the main characters suddenly stopped speaking during the last couple pages of the play. It turns ou
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You