News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jordangirl

jordangirl Profile Photo
Member Name: jordangirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

On Your Feet! Lottery  Jul 22 2016, 01:34:32 PM

petewk87 said: "Has anyone seen Ektor as Emilio? How was his performance?"

I really like Ektor's take on the role. I feel like he is definitely stronger vocally than Josh, and I think he and Ana ultimately work better together chemistry-wise.

On Your Feet! Lottery  Jul 20 2016, 06:46:12 AM

asmith0307 said: "Hmmm. I've tried to go for Sat and Sun matinees, but they weren't having them. Interesting."

I know they had one this past Sunday (the 17th) because I entered and lost. And I've entered on other Sundays as well.

And when I was entering for a Saturday evening, there was one for Saturday matinee also (I had my TKD belt test that day - so I know that was June 4 - so matinee wasn't an option.

And there is definitely one lis

Bad Theater Behavior  Jul 19 2016, 08:07:41 PM

A couple of times come to mind...

* A friend and I went to see 110 when it was at Studio 54. I'd rushed it, so we were in the center mezz, which was fine. BUT... About 5 minutes into Act 1, there were some people on the side who I swear decided to make the picnic scene all-inclusive as they whipped out PLATES and SILVERWARE and started dishing up food!

*The same friend and I once, after losing a couple of lotteries (back when they were all live and you could skip from one to

On Your Feet! Lottery  Jul 19 2016, 07:18:44 PM

Blackbird3 said: "Just wanted to report back and say that I won the lotto again last night and had seats in Row H on the left. Excellent view! I arrived at 6:20, and my theory is that the earlier you get in line to pick the tickets up, the better the seats are (the last two times I waited until 10 minutes before showtime rather than 30 minutes and had seats further back in the orchestra)."

Having won it three times (and lost more than that), they always look through

re: N2n TDF?  Sep 23 2009, 11:01:38 AM
Exactly whet millie said. tdf seats may be in the mezzanine or they may be in the orchestra, but partial view. I have had row P in the orchestra where the third story is cut off from view and I have had row L in the orchestra but on the far side so that third of the stage was all but cut off.

If you want to make sure you have a full view, go ahead and get the last row mezzanine seats. (Plus there is no guarantee that it even will come up on tdf for that date.)

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Jul 22 2009, 01:29:29 AM
The candles were actually more of a joke in terms of "lighting candles to get it to Broadway". But whatever. Those who know, know.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Jul 22 2009, 01:16:27 AM
I think they were being snarky about me referring to the number of times I've seen it ~ though seriously there are people who have topped my number for all three runs JUST on Broadway.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Jul 22 2009, 01:13:48 AM
Sunday evening was fine. Parts were better, but overall the matinee was the best I've seen.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Jul 22 2009, 01:00:01 AM
Gotta say this show is just getting better and better. Sunday matinee especially was simply AMAZING!!!

Oh hi there post 1000 in this thread! :)

re: Benanti and Cerveris to Star in Ruhl's IN THE NEXT ROOM  Jul 21 2009, 05:03:33 PM
Add me to the list of those adding this to the list...
re: The most times you've ever seen a show  Jul 21 2009, 07:42:04 AM
My top 5...

next to normal ~ 38 as of Sunday night (14 at Second Stage, 10 at Arena Stage, 14 on Broadway)
The Year of Magical Thinking ~ 11
The Vertical Hour ~ 10
110 in the Shade ~ 9
Rent ~ 9 (1 on tour, 8 on Broadway)

re: Next to Normal rush  Jul 21 2009, 07:38:00 AM
Yeah, this past Sunday there would have been tickets. The crowd didn't build until later...like after 8 or so.

MarkE ~ I agree. I have talked to so many people when I've been waiting on the rush line who walk by and ask what the line is for. The inevitable next question is "The show it that good?" which gives the perfect opening to talk the show up. And more than once the people have either gotten on the line then or decided to get tickets later as I've seen them at the show. One c

re: stage door questions  Jul 20 2009, 01:50:41 PM
Shrek is another ti skip the matinee if you for sure want a shot at meeting Brian. He does not come out at all between matinee and evening shows because of the make-up. They are really gracious at the door about letting you come back at night though and not thinking you're weird or creepy. :)
re: stage door questions  Jul 20 2009, 01:46:58 PM
Alice rarely comes out after Sunday matinees. Saturdays sort of depend on how she's feeling (tiredness level) etc. All evenings she almost always does unless she's got something going on and can't. But yes, she is extremely gracious at the door.
re: Next to Normal rush  Jul 20 2009, 12:13:04 PM
I wasn't directing that at you dramamama611. :) We're cool. And thanks! :) (Yes...yesterday made 38 times spread over the three runs of the show. It just connects with me on a level I can't explain...and it's ultimately cheaper than therapy. HAHA!)

And I agree. If people were causing fights and other disruptions, I would definitely agree that it is out of control. But no one is fighting on line that I've seen ~ to the contrary everyone seems to be very agreeable and either chat

re: Next to Normal rush  Jul 20 2009, 09:05:51 AM
It's a moot point as apparently my opinion/thoughts don't matter, but the over 30 times has been spread throughout the three runs of the show. NOT just the Broadway run. Viewings of the Broadway run have been spread out since March. And when I see it, I plan and save. My reference was to those who say "I just get something at tkts" because if I'm saving for rush, that's not going to be enough for a tkts ticket. Do I choose to go to theatre over other things like incessant clothes or shoes o
re: Next to Normal rush  Jul 18 2009, 07:29:46 PM
IN ADVANCE are the key words. Yes, I've bought tickets for the last row mezz in advance before. But those are generally NOT available the day of because they've been sold in advance.
re: Next to Normal rush  Jul 18 2009, 07:22:40 PM
Nice when you can afford that. Not everyone can.
re: Next to Normal rush  Jul 18 2009, 07:18:03 PM
Secondly, a lotto is better for people who do not live in the city to get a chance to see the show from the front row or a box. Personally, I live in central Jersey and it is impossible for me to get a rush seat. It is definitely time to switch to a lotto.

So you'd come in from Jersey not being guaranteed a ticket?

re: Next to Normal Seating Question  Jul 18 2009, 06:47:07 PM
B is actually the THIRD row on the sides...it's the 4th row in the center.

But it should be fine. There is not THAT much that happens on the third level. Like a couple of verses of a couple of songs.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You