News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dennis2

Member Name: Dennis2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ruthie Henshall in British Annie
 Feb 23 2005, 08:44:39 PM
I know there is a version of Annie with Ruthie Henshall i it, but it is rather difficult to find. I wondering if anyone had any audio clips or mp3s of it to listen to, so I know if it's worth buying. I've heard the "NYC" is much better than the B'way version and so is "Something was Missing" and "you won't be an orphan for long".
re: 'Why Should I Change a Thing' from Annie
 Feb 6 2005, 12:58:54 PM
This is going to be a weird, maybe even slightly illeagal question, but does anyone think they could sing and record it and upload it somewhere?
 Feb 6 2005, 12:08:43 AM
yeah, all I could find through google were a bunhc of stuff about how the song was added for Anthony Warlow. Interesting, but not very helpful.
 Feb 5 2005, 11:37:06 PM
Unfortunatly it's not, I checked all of the known recordings and it's not out there (I believe the song was added very recently to the show). I was hoping someone could post a link to an audio clip of someone singing it so I could get the tune of it.

"Why Should I Change a Thing" from Annie
 Feb 5 2005, 11:32:24 PM
My community theatre is putting on a production of Annie in a couple of monthes and I was wondering if anyone was familar with the new song for Warbucks. When we were sent the libretto books it had this song added in as an option and we're thinking of doing it.

My question is does anyone have an audio file of the song or a midi for the melody? I want to learn it as soon as possible and I won't be seeing the musical director for a couple of weeks. I am terrible at sight reading, so ev

re: ASSASSINS CAST RECORDING Rumor...
 May 17 2004, 09:55:39 PM
Yes, finally! It's going to be awesome too.
re: Male Rose's Turn...
 May 9 2004, 04:03:38 AM
I think Rose's Turn is just one of the kinds of musicalized nervous breakdowns that have happened before. The other two are Betrayed (The Producers) and Epiphany (Sweeney Todd), both sung by men. They've also been mentioned by others earlier in the thread, but here are some reasons why I think they are...

Betrayed- This one takes the comic route with great success, but their is still something legitimate happening on stage with the character. Like Rose, Max recounts major plot points i

re: songs cut from producers movie?
 May 5 2004, 06:29:54 PM
Yeah, that book is awesome.

Jon, you're right about Haben zie gehort...but I'm just wondering if Ferrel can actually sing it. I mean we know he can sing pretty well from some SNL skits, but do think he could give as great performence of the song as Brad Oscar, or would they rewrite it a little so he could get through it? I'm worried about what might happen to that song now......

re: songs cut from producers movie?
 May 5 2004, 05:39:17 PM
Yes, you're right about "It's bad luck to say good luck on opening night". I was reading that book by Jeffrey Denman and he felt that it was just costume change number for the ensemble in Springtime.

Also, If Will Ferrel really is going to play Franz they might cut back on one of his numbers, which is too bad because I really like "Haben zie gehort das deuths band?". Maybe they'll play around with the way they open the story too (get rid of opening night too?)

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Your Most Favou
 May 1 2004, 01:11:19 AM
Chicago- The original cast is 100 times better than the revival (although Bebe Neuwirth did give a great performance, everything else was just horrible on that recording). The recent recording of the London cast is slightly better though because of Ruthie Henshall (best Roxie ever), the energenic orchestra and the completness of it.

The Producers- This is one of the best cast recordings ever of one of the best musicals ever. The performances, the songs, and the comedy come together per

re: re: re: re: re: re: Bad song / Good show
 Apr 18 2004, 03:52:33 AM
Cinderella Darling from H2$- After hearing this on the OBCR I realized why it was cut from the revival.

Ribbons Down My Back from Hello Dolly!- I understand the need for a number at that point in the the show, but this just never worked for me.

re: American imperialism within contemporary British Theatre
 Apr 10 2004, 10:39:28 AM
Well, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. There are plenty of British shows coming to America next season and ALW musicals and Les Miz ruled Broadway for years.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Best Overtures
 Apr 4 2004, 03:46:54 AM
Here's a few in no particular order...

Chicago- Easily one of the best ever. It helps set the mood for All that Jazz which goes on to set the mood for the entire musical. The original cast version sounds best, but that's just my opinion.

The Producers- Kind of biased here, because it's already my favourite musical, but even when listening to it objectivly (if that's possible) it's still awesome. A lot of that has to do with Glen Kelly though; all of the orchestrations for The Prod

Neil Simon's Plaza Suite
 Apr 4 2004, 03:15:39 AM
I got the part of Sam Nash in my high school's production of the play. I wondering what everyone thought of the play. I'm familar with the Odd Couple and some of Simon's other work, but not this one (I do know there is a movie, but I've never seen it). So, has anyone seen the play on/off Broadway before? If so, did you like it?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Dream Role.... What's Yours?
 Apr 4 2004, 03:00:16 AM
Leo Bloom. Everything about that role is perfect: You get the chance to make people laugh, dance with some of cutest girls on Broadway, and get a blue blanket! I mean who doesn't want a blue blanket?
Les Miserables cast recording...
 Mar 13 2004, 05:51:57 PM
I have few questions about the 4 English recordings (I bet there are like two dozen other ones I don't know about too). Which one has a Javert that screams at the end of his suicide sequence and also has the sound effect of him hitting thw water? I'm guessing it's the complete symphonic recording, but there are so many that I'm not really sure.

Since it's one of those age old debates for Les Miz fans, I wondering if any one had a prefrence of one recording to another? They all have pos

Is James Lipton's Sherry! any good?
 Mar 13 2004, 02:00:04 AM
I was wondering if James Lipton's (that guy Will Ferrel did a really funny impression of on SNL once) musical was any good. With actors like Nathan Lane and Bernadette Peters in it, it sounds a little interesting. Has any one given it a listen yet?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You