News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for K2503

K2503 Profile Photo
Member Name: K2503
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Will we see a 'Funny Girl' revival?  Jun 4 2007, 03:57:29 AM
There are strong hints this could be revived in London.

We had a reality casting show for the Sound of Music won by Connie Fisher. Despite all the negativity surrounding the circumstances of her casting, she is simply amazing in the role of Maria and blew all the critics away with her performance. I saw her a few months ago and she was simply stunning.

She, and Andrew Lloyd Webber have mentiond Funny Girl as her next vehicle on a few occasions, even as recently as last Saturday

re: Sore Losers Suck  Mar 1 2007, 08:23:38 AM
"At least he showed up! That horrible Judi Dench didn't even bother to show her face. Knee surgery my butt! That's what they make wheelchairs for. If she truly cared about her craft, her castmates, her fans and her career, she would have been there with an IV stuck in her arm"

You obviously do not know anything about Judi Dench - she is sheer class, and if she could have been there she would have been even though she knew she was not going to win. I find your comment incredibly disrespe

Worst Opening Number  Feb 27 2007, 08:01:45 AM
Can not believe anyone has not said The Sound of Music as the Best *runs for cover*

Especially the film version can never get enough of that opening number! Although the London rivival gets me going every time!!!

Is it just me????

re: What can I take high school students to see in London?  Jan 25 2007, 03:57:48 AM
Billy Elliott for sure, or the very under rated Cabaret. Ave Q is also a good choice for Comedy. Shame Frost/Nixon will be closed - it received very good reports, The Mousetrap not such a good idea really. Glass Menagerie, as already mentioned will be open and should be good.

Sound of Music would be good (I like cheese LOL) I saw it last week and enjoyed it very much - but it is very hard to get tickets especially for a group. Seeing Mary Poppins tonight so will pass judgement on that l

re: Cheaper to see a west end show then a broadway show  Jan 24 2007, 07:17:50 AM
Even with the exchange difference there are many deals on-line. I bought yesterday 4 x £50 ($100) seats for half price to see Mary Poppins. They also had a top price Spamalot ticket for £35 ($70) - You just gotta shop around! At least we see Broadway Shows "cheaper" now! Never pay scalpers or full price!
re: Grease Will Run for 1 Year Minimum  Jan 5 2007, 12:20:46 PM
You will be suprised how many will buy high priced tickets. The Sound of Music Show in London ran for ages - and over those many many weeks you find these "unknows" become very well known indeed with a ready made fan-base. SofM sold bucket loads of tickets in the run up to the end of the show.

In answer to another point - in the UK we only had an hour long follow up showing what went on after she (Connie Fisher) won and opening night - it could IMO have been more.

We have the G

Wicked  Dec 8 2006, 07:53:59 AM
Shrek the Musical - "Moneytrain"
Little Mermaid - "Moneytrain II"
Finding Nemo - "Moneytrain III"

I detect a franchise forming!

Chicago - "Found a Loophole" or "Mama's Girls"

Funny Girl - "Fanny's behind you"

Starlight Express - "Derailed"

Billy Elliot - "The Boy can Dance"

re: Barbra Striesand - Funny Girl on Broadway  Dec 7 2006, 05:26:21 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I so wish I had seen it!!

Barbra Striesand - Funny Girl on Broadway  Dec 6 2006, 11:42:11 AM
I love the movie version of this show, and wondered a little about the original Broadway show that "discovered" Ms Striesand. I appreciate she had a few roles before this, but I am sure you will agree this was her major break.

Is it true that apart from concert performances she has never done another Broadway show?

Were any posters on here lucky enough to see her in the Broadway (or indeed London) run. I would love to hear any stories or trivia about it.

I understand

re: Grease *potentially* books the Atkinson  Dec 1 2006, 04:09:07 AM
You are right Michael. The BBC programme was a great success and I believe a second series has been commissioned to cast a revival of Joseph. Connie Fisher was not an unknown as such. She had, I believe, been in a few shows in the chorus, but never a lead or featured performer, always, shall we say, the bridesmaid. She is brilliant in the show, and has received rave reviews despite the "West End mafia" saying the show, Connie herself, and Andrew Lloyd Webber especially would be left with a huge
re: THE STANDING OVATION  Nov 17 2006, 04:54:45 AM
A number of "Juke Box" musicals in London that have a mega-mix at the end to generate a dance and audience participation section(ie Mama Mia and We Will Rock You)actually then make the sales pitch "Standing Ovation at Every Performance"!!!

Billy Elliot and Wicked were the last shows I saw where I got to my feet as the standing ovation was deserved totally - otherwise I sit tight! (quite a few at Wicked sat though)

Sound of Music in London - A hit it seems  Nov 16 2006, 06:09:49 AM
Reality show can find a star!!! Grease.........we wait to see!

DAILY MAIL - QUENTIN LETTS
Connie Fisher, the West End lead they chose off a BBC telly show, confronted and conquered her mountain last night.

The smart set said she'd crumple. London arts darlings tutted and tsked, displeased by - my dears - the vulgarity of it all.

But sweet, clever Connie knocked 'em flying. Viewers of Britain, you chose well.

She's as natural and unsugared and whole

re: Carol Channing Ventriloquist Doll  Oct 24 2006, 04:59:21 AM
"Does it come with a gay husband doll? "

Margo - sheer class! You have cheered me up with that one !

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You