News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brainlessorwise

brainlessorwise Profile Photo
Member Name: brainlessorwise
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: FUERZABRUTA- Boys Night!
 Jul 5 2008, 07:48:29 PM
My friend came with me the first time we saw it, the first night of previews, and he wore a suit straight from work. He was displeased to say the least. Don't wear nice clothes. It gets very hot and you will get wet.
re: FUERZABRUTA- Boys Night!
 Jul 5 2008, 09:52:31 AM
I was there last night too. The "boys" need to be in the pool every night. It was so hot in there that I wish I got sprayed a little more.
Goodbye, ReNt, Goodbye ReNT, Just came to say good-bye ReNT, Goodbye
 Jan 16 2008, 07:32:05 AM
Rent has been good to me. I always felt that I loved this show so much because I needed to hear it's message. It's a lesson I still feel that I'm learning. I'm really saddened and this news couldn't come at a worse time, but I'll survive. I'll see it again before it goes. Very sad.
re: At RENT now...
 Jan 14 2008, 11:33:20 PM
Maybe I'm daft, but it seems people on this board are so eager to jump on a misspelling to signify the death of something.
Roger is the best Roger?
Daphne in the best Daphne?
What are we achieving with this?

Someone cared enough to post during the intermission of a show that means something to a lot of us. So, let’s insult the 13 year olds and this poster. Do we feel better now? I guess I don’t. Some people have the luxury of sitting here and judging everyone else. Go see

re: FAVORITE MUSICAL WITH A PULITZER
 Jan 7 2008, 08:30:10 PM
My favorite is Rent, which is what the original question was, but I think the most perfect musical is Sunday.
re: IN THE HEIGHTS: $20 seats for the last 3 rows
 Jan 6 2008, 03:06:05 PM
I'm sure there offering these seats for 20.00 so people who actually live in the heights can afford to go. I live in the heights. We are poor here.

Do you think the overhang in row z will be a problem for this show. I know it was for Tarzan. I saw it from there when Tarzan was in previews and I think I only caught 25 % of what was going on.

re: Spring Awakening: Differences between PLAY and Musical
 Jan 6 2008, 12:47:41 AM
Good point, HeyMrmusic, I think the profanity is used to reach youth today. It's not really relevant other than for people to say they use the F--- word. They must be cool.

Yankeefan, I'd love to see/read your modern translation.

re: Actors with a Rough Start.
 Jan 5 2008, 11:47:57 PM
I'd say Michael Arden, but his success seems to be, at best, futuristic. He has not had the best luck when chosing projects, but you can't deny the talent there. Maybe you could extend the paper to say that even those who should be successful, aren't. You could talk about how difficult a career it is, even if you have every possible talent. Just a thought.
re: Spring Awakening: Differences between Show and Musical
 Jan 5 2008, 11:39:08 PM
The play, if uncensored is as relevant today as it was when first written. The musical is not as timeless because of the creative decisions they made. I respect the decisions to a certain extent because they are reaching today's audience, but I don't think it will resonate in the future the way the play has.
Hilarious Comments...
 Jan 5 2008, 11:34:52 PM
I was at Wicked and Saycon Sengbloh was the stand by for Elphaba and she was on.

The man behind me said, "Oh, man, we have the black girl."

I turned and said, "Actually she's green."

I'm sure they thought I was stoned but it had to be said. I think that man might have learned something from the show. I doubt it, but I hope.

re: 'New' TARZAN to open in Atlanta
 Jan 5 2008, 11:30:05 PM
I was one of the ones who liked Tarzan, although it was mainly because Andy Pellick danced in it, but I would really like to see this re-imagined, restaged, re-thought out. I think it could be amazing, if done right.
re: Which Bdwy Stars would you love to hang out with?
 Jan 5 2008, 12:59:01 AM
I was a Holiday party this year and Seth asked me why I was drinking alcohol. I think he was channeling my Mother.
re: Rent Standing room vs. Spring awakening
 Jan 5 2008, 12:33:06 AM
I did standing room only once for Rent. They only do it if the show is sold out.
re: What Gifts Have You GivenTo A Favorite Broadway Artist?
 Jan 5 2008, 12:29:41 AM
I've never really understood giving the casts of shows gifts, although I think people who do put a lot of thought into them. Maybe I'm just not that imaginative. I could see making a card or something if a performer moves you.
re: Which Bdwy Stars would you love to hang out with?
 Jan 5 2008, 12:25:44 AM
I answered this on Broadway space. I'd like to hang out with Andy Pellick. He just seems interesting.
re: Why Not PIPPIN Instead of GODSPELL?
 Jan 5 2008, 12:23:43 AM
My first show ever was Pippin. Godspell is a pretty good show. I'd take a revival of either one, but I'd much prefer Pippin. I'd really love to see that re-imagined actually.
re: Spring Awakening Understudies
 Jan 1 2008, 08:20:06 PM
I've seen Matt Doyle as Melchior and I think he is better than Groff. I saw Phoebe's Ilse and her voice was weak. I saw Jesse as Georg and it was awful. I can't believe that he would be good as Melchior. I saw Gerard and Georg and it blew me away.
re: good vibrations should be on cd.
 Dec 31 2007, 11:13:51 PM
Now 2007 is complete. Double post. I love BWW.com
re: good vibrations should be on cd.
 Dec 31 2007, 11:13:49 PM
...and 2007 is complete.

They should also make a recording of Tarzan. Wait!

re: How many shows did you see in 2007?
 Dec 31 2007, 03:18:23 PM
I saw

Hairspray
Rent- a few times
Spring Awakening- A few times
The Ritz
Speech & Debate- 2 times
Spelling Bee
Wicked
The Overwhelming
August in Osage County
Fuerzabruta
A Year of Magical Thinking
Legally Blonde
A Chorus Line

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You