News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rentaholic

Rentaholic Profile Photo
Member Name: Rentaholic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Roles they DIDN'T get....
 Jul 1 2013, 12:55:24 AM
""Also, it's common knowledge at this point but Alice Ripley did Little Shop with Hunter Foster and was slated to be Audrey in the revival before they replaced her with Kerry Butler."

Didn't she play the role in the out-of-town run? "

Yeah, she played it in Florida and it was supposed to come to Broadway but it kind of petered out before everyone was fired except for Hunter Foster.

Possibly Controversial Idea: Lady Gaga as Fanny Brice?
 Jun 30 2013, 02:25:26 PM
She really can't act or dance though. The only thing going for her here is the nose.
Entertainment Weekly's 50 Best Plays (and 10 Greatest Musicals) Over the Past 100 Years
 Jun 30 2013, 02:11:00 PM
"Of Thee I Sing? It's a political spoof that won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, but does it hold up?"

I saw the Papermill production of Of Thee I Sing almost 10 years ago and it definitely does not hold up. I was bored out of my mind.

Fiddler On The Roof 2004 revival
 Jun 30 2013, 02:07:54 PM
The only thing I really remember was that it was really dark, in terms of lighting. It wasn't particularly captivating either but I'm not sure who to blame there.
Taboo - 10 Years Later
 Jun 11 2013, 06:39:12 AM
Always nice to see Taboo appreciation. Let's be real though, Taboo didn't stand a chance against the others nominated for Best Score that year.
Foxwoods Flops
 Feb 2 2011, 04:57:46 PM
Perhaps my memory fails me but I saw the 42nd Street revival at the Hilton/Foxwoods/Whatever the hell it's called now from one of the last rows in the balcony and while I felt somewhat removed from the rest of the theatre, my seats were not awful.
Reviews of Chicago Fan Day Performance
 Feb 2 2011, 04:53:34 PM
So glad I'm not alone on this one, Kev. Her legs were the most interesting part of her performance.
re: If Evita came back to Broadway (which it probably is) who would you cas
 Jul 23 2009, 02:43:09 AM
eyedeena menzel as eva, peron, "misstriss", and andrew lloyd webber
re: Flops that Deserve a Second Chance
 Jul 19 2009, 08:51:52 PM
A heavily reworked version of Chess would be fantastic.

I think Taboo had alot of potential but Rosie's name at the time absolutely killed it. Also, many of the changes made were so unncessary. I could go on for days about how to fix Taboo.

re: Does anybody else miss BKLYN?
 Jun 14 2009, 09:57:45 PM
I would still like a refund for my tickets.
re: Eden Espinosa as Eva Peron?
 Jun 11 2009, 05:29:40 PM
So, Pianolin, since she is "just not spectacular" why should I have to pay money to see a sub-par performer on Broadway? I expect excellence in the Broadway Theatre. Not Karen Olivo.
re: Eden Espinosa as Eva Peron?
 Jun 11 2009, 05:21:27 PM
No. Eden Espinosa sounds like a screeching cat and can't act for her life.

"Karen Olivo? lol"

No, because the role of Eva requires a good singer, actress, and dancer. Karen is none of these things.

re: Notabb @ ROCK OF AGES
 Mar 24 2009, 11:01:15 PM
It's so frustrating when I attempt to read a thread and it becomes a platform for the majority of this board's members to display their immaturity. Just ugh.
re: Which Broadway performers have you seen in Law & Order?
 Feb 8 2009, 07:21:58 PM
Kristen Lee Kelly was in the beginning of an episode of SVU.

re: xanadu movie remake?
 Nov 29 2008, 11:46:02 PM
No, not everything has to be made into a movie.
re: Is the movie Evita good?
 Oct 26 2008, 05:35:14 PM
It's not a carbon copy of the stage show like many wish movie musicals to be but it's decent for what it is.

I don't think people realize that entertainment is a business and while it would've been glorious for someone like Patti Lupone to star in the movie, it would not have made money. Movie musicals require star power to cross into mainstream America. That's how they make their money. Yes, the keys were lowered but Madonna did a great job with what she had. You can't compare Madonna

re: Bob Fosse is rolling over in his grave right now...
 Oct 21 2008, 08:40:23 PM
You should see Beyonce's other video, "Get Me Bodied"

The whole video is an homage to Sweet Charity.

re: Your thoughts on Disney producing 'Enchanted' on bway
 Oct 10 2008, 01:54:37 PM
To the person who said Tale of Two Cities is an original show:

Tale of Two Cities was a novel written in 1859. Just so you know.

re: Anything going into the Neil Simon
 Oct 4 2008, 04:51:57 PM
I didn't mean at this moment. While the theatre was still being used, the celing was falling apart and the outside was being defaced by overweight fangirls thinking it to be the RENT wall.
re: Anything going into the Neil Simon
 Oct 4 2008, 02:40:06 PM
I laughed, miss pennywise. haha.

Are they going to renovate the Nederlander because it looks like an absolute dump now?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You