News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaydoc

bwaydoc Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaydoc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm currently in medical school in Washington, DC. I love Broadway and New York and try to get up there as often as I can, although my free time is steadily dwindling!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Bears
 Feb 16 2009, 01:23:48 PM
Glinda (Wicked) - $7,000, Ali Mauzey introduced the bear
Growltiger (Cats) - $5,500
Wendla (Spring Awakening) - $1,100
Tank Showgirl (The Producers) - $1,700
Rose (Gypsy, 2003) - $2,400, Bernadette Peters introduced the bear
Kira (Xanadu) - $2,900, Kerry Butler introduced the bear
Bernardo (West Side Story) - $2,200
Mimi (Rent) - $1,800
Gabriella (Boeing-Boeing) - $900
The Eggbeater (Beauty and the Beast) - $2,000
Agnes Gooch (Mame) - $600
Edna Turnblad (Hairspray) - $1,900
Elizabeth (Young Frankenstein) - $1,400
The Drowsy Chaperone - $1,700
Edith Herbert (My One and Only) - $2,200
He/She Masquerade (The Phantom of the Opera) - $2,800
Louise (Gypsy 200- $1,000
Sir Thomas More (A Man For All Seasons) - $3,400
Evillene (The Wiz) - $1,100
Uncle Sam (State Fair) - $1,200
Sir Robin (Spamalot) - $16,000, Christopher Sieber introduced the bear
Billy Elliot - $4,000, all the Billys introduced the bears
Nellie Forbush (South Pacific) - $1,600
Wendy Darling (Peter Pan) - $1,600
Rose (Gypsy 1959) - $1,100
Zach (A Chorus Line) - $3,600, Michael Beresse introduced the bear
Christmas Eve (Avenue Q) - $1,000, Ann Harada introduced the bear
Mother Abbess (The Sound of Music) - $1,700
Linus (You're A Good Man Charlie Brown) - $700
Tommy Walker (The Who's Tommy) - $4,000
Bird Woman (Mary Poppins) - $1,600
Ashley (Starlight Express) - $3,800
Merlyn (Camelot) - $1,600
Usnavi (In the Heights)- $2,600
Elle Woods (Legally Blonde) - $2,200, Kate Shindle introduced the bear
Ariel (The Little Mermaid) - $1,000
Betty Haynes (White Christmas) - $3,700
Shrek - $3,600, Christopher Sieber introduced the bear
Alan Strang and Nugget (Equus) - $10,000
The Child Catcher (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) - $3,400
Countess Aurelia (Dear World) - $2,400
Ethel Merman/Little Orphan Annie (Forbidden B'way) - $1,200
Brother Bear (I.A.T.S.E) - $3,400
Eva Peron doll (Evita) - $700
Annie Oakley (Annie Get Your Gun) - $2,400

There were other actors who introduced some of the bears, I just listed the ones I remembered clearly.

re: Broadway Bears
 Feb 16 2009, 01:01:51 PM
I was there last night as well. My sister took home the Shrek bear who is beyond adorable. I think they said at the end that they raised about $150,000 last night, about $20,000 more than last year apparently. I wrote down the winning bid for all the bears, so if anyone would like me to post them I'd be happy too.
I was sitting at the table next to the little girl from White Christmas and it was very amusing listening to the conversation between her and her father, he kept telling her t

re: Billy Elliot Cancellation Line
 Feb 12 2009, 05:19:15 PM
Has anyone done cancellation for this recently, or tried it for a Sunday matinee? I'm just trying to judge how my chances would be and what time I would need to line up if I tried cancellation this Sunday.
re: Stephanie J. Block
 Feb 8 2009, 11:08:07 AM
The second song from the Millenium Stage performance that will be on the cd is "Invention." It's the fast and tongue-twistery one that bardolator mentioned.
re: Broadway Tattoos
 Nov 8 2008, 07:18:48 PM
I have a butterfly followed by the music for the line "I would know that confidence" from [tos]'s "A Way Back to Then."

re: Allison Case in Mamma Mia
 Oct 11 2008, 10:22:19 AM
I'd wait a little while before I checked her out. I saw her two days after she, the new Sky and the new Sam had started. She wasn't bad, she just needed to get her sea legs and get more comfortable in the role, I think.
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Oct 11 2008, 10:18:58 AM
I'll be coming up from DC for the final matinee tomorrow. As much as I would like to, I can't stay for the final show because I've gotta get back home tomorrow as well. Anyone else going to the matinee tomorrow?
re: Funny Broadway Ringtone
 Aug 1 2008, 09:51:36 AM
There is a site called freeringers.net (which isn't actually free, it's $7 per year to use it) where you can make 30-second ringtones and upload them to your phone. It sends it as a text message and then you connect to the site and download it.

My ringtone for text is "Don't Walk Away" from Xanadu, the chorus right after Tony Roberts sings. Then my incoming call ringtone is "Breathe" from In The Heights, starting from "when I was a child, I stayed wide awake, climbed to the highest pl

re: New to NY - TLM Rush - Lotto Offer
 Jul 1 2008, 11:17:14 PM
I don't know that TLM actually has a set time they sell their student rush tix. When I went back in April, I got there when the BO opened and was told that it's up to the discretion of the theatre if and when they sell student tickets each day, and to come back later to see if any decisions had been made. I went back several times, and it wasn't until around 4:30 that they decided to sell me student tickets, right after they had just told the person in front of me that they didn't have any. Be
re: Anyone going to DAMN YANKEES 7/13?
 Jul 1 2008, 03:40:40 PM
I'll be there on 7/15 as well. Looking forward to it.
re: WICKED lotto...
 Jun 26 2008, 09:38:12 PM
The time doesn't matter, since they draw names at random. But, they start taking names 2.5 hours before the show (which would be 5:30) and draw them two hours before the show (which would be 6). So I wouldn't show up at 6:30 or you'll have missed the lotto.
re: Peer2Peer tickets
 Jun 26 2008, 09:35:56 PM
On their website they say that they send out information on P2P tickets a week before opening night, which should mean they'll be sending something out this Saturday.
re: Peer2Peer tickets
 Jun 26 2008, 08:24:24 PM
I'm not complaining. I'm just interested. I'm going with my mom, and she has no problem paying for regular priced tickets, but I wanted to know where Peer2Peer seats were usually located because if they are equal to what is available for the date I'm interested in, I may as well get them.
Peer2Peer tickets
 Jun 26 2008, 08:16:28 PM
Is anyone a member of City Center's Peer2Peer program? Are the seats they offer for students any good, where are they usually located? Also, do you think they will have student tickets for Damn Yankees? Thanks.
re: Wicked Cancellation Line
 Jun 4 2008, 09:51:09 PM
Cancellation tickets are sold for each individual showing at different times - so you technically have two chances on a matinee day.

And there's really no way to do both cancellation and lotto. You have to be physically outside the doors and present during the drawing if you win lotto. So you and a friend can't both do lotto and cancellation line - at least one person needs to stay in the cancellation line (and trust me, it will already have formed by the time lotto is drawn), so you

re: TLM rush
 Apr 30 2008, 10:03:55 PM
She was the first person I asked about student rush in the morning. Then I went back and asked the other BO guy the same thing. And from then on I only dealt with him, so he was the one who required me to show two student IDs.
 Apr 30 2008, 10:00:01 PM
My seats were the two far right sets in Orchestra Row W.

And I was only allowed to buy one student ticket with my ID. The BO person made my friend show her ID as well so she could get a ticket.

I went back to the BO 4 times throughout the day (started at 10:30) before they finally decided to sell me student tix at 5. And I'm convinced they sold me the tickets a ticket broker had just returned to the theater, so I don't know if that's how they decide if they'll have student ti

Apr 30 2008, 09:27:05 PM
Even so, I went to the BO last Wednesday and was told that it is up to the discretion of the theater whether or not they will have student rush tix available that day.
re: Will Chase & Eden Espinosa to join RENT (yup! its confirmed!)
 Apr 29 2008, 09:42:15 PM
I was totally done with this musical after Rent 10 and vowed I would never see it again. This news has completely made me go back on my word. I will definitely be in NYC to see it once more before it closes.
re: South Pacific cancellation tix?
 Apr 21 2008, 03:38:06 PM
Thanks everyone. I will definitely try and let everyone know how it goes. I'll also keep checking online and see if anything pops up!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You