News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sleeth1

Sleeth1 Profile Photo
Member Name: Sleeth1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Texan. Swimmer/Writer.
LOVE THEATRE.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Avenue Q Tour Question
 Mar 20 2008, 02:46:18 PM
He'll laugh till he's sick - and be thanking you for the rest of your life.
What do you thinks about Disney TARZAN?
 Feb 28 2008, 05:35:54 PM
I loved it - all of it. I thought Josh Strickland was incredible. Six months later and I still listen to the score frequently. If Strickland took it on tour, I would definitely go again. I honestly don't know what more people were wanting from it.
re: just saw a Sweeney Todd Commercial
 Nov 1 2007, 04:56:26 PM
I recently saw a theatrical trailor that included a small amount of singing. It looks awesome. No doubt they're going to try to "cover-up" the fact that it's a musical (they always do), but they've given the audience a chance of realization in this preview. It looks sublime. Tim Burton was the perfect person to do this, no doubt.
re: Do You Want a FAITHFUL Movie Adaptation or Not?
 Aug 11 2007, 03:46:56 AM
"Sound of Music the movie kicks Sound of Music the musicals' ass".

Oh! It's been a hundred years since that show played in NY... bet they could sure do justice to it now! Maybe with that WICKED lady that everyone loves as Maria!
So how "faithful" does everyone want Mamma Mia! to be??? Surely it will have more SETS! LOL (No offense intended... I love it!)

I'm hesitant to share this
 Aug 11 2007, 03:26:14 AM
"As brilliant as it was, no one wanted to see it".

Apparently the same thing happened to TARZAN. It was a touching play about mankind... and all of us finding our "place" in this world. TARZAN had SOME awesome sets, but alas, not enough. Those who enjoyed the sensitivity of the whole meaning of the piece were in the minority. It closed. It's gone.

Aug 11 2007, 02:46:38 AM
It didn't stop it "dead in the tracks" on STAGE! Of course, on STAGE - they weren't trying to put everything into a dream sequence. I had seen CHICAGO twice on stage before I saw the movie. As you can guess, I didn't care for the film version. I was elated when it won the "Best Picture" oscar, though. I thought it meant SUCCESS (!!!) for Broadway shows transfered to film (it had been a long, hard road). Then PHANTOM and RENT got sucked DRY (as did The Producers... God - am I ever glad I didn't p
 Aug 11 2007, 02:32:26 AM
"Class was cut from Chicago because the song would not have worked with the concept of all the other musical numbers. The song would have stood out like a sore thumb (and slowed down the film").

EXACTLY! "Class" was a song that was sung (back & fourth) between two principal characters. They couldn't figure out a way to make THAT song into a "dream", "fantasy".... OR put it on a stage - so they just CUT it!
JERSEY BOYS might make a great movie (since I assume it's a LOT of stage pe

Aug 11 2007, 02:17:31 AM
"And keeping all the music is not always a good thing. One should expect SOME music to be cut to streamline the film".

How come? Who, exactly decides what songs should be cut? My favorite song from CHICAGO was "Class" - CUT! ONE of my favorite songs from the OBC of ANNIE was "Something Was Missing" - CUT!
Then, of course there are movie versions that ADD a lot of songs! Do you think people who see GREASE on Broadway now will be dissapointed to find out that some of their favorite

Aug 11 2007, 02:04:24 AM
"I'll get flamed but I'd say a chief reason Phantom was not well received is because its source material was never much more than a fluffy excuse for a collapsing chandelier".

I beg your PARDON???? I happen to LOVE every single note from The Phantom of the Opera. No offense, but you are WAY out of line with that statement. Andrew Lloyd Webber is a master. I'm not even going to "go there".

Aug 11 2007, 01:50:31 AM
"Now they have to disguise it as the characters performing on stage or something. I think what worked for HAIRSPRAY was they went balls out and just let the characters sing. Unlike RENT, which somehow turned each musical sequence into a music video".

But the STAGE version of RENT is all "musical sequences" - It's nothing but music (just like Phantom, Evita, Miss Saigon, Sunset Boulevard, etc). Balls OUT are films like RENT & PHANTOM where they (for the most part) kept the entire musica

Do You Want a FAITHFUL Movie Adaptation or Not?
 Aug 10 2007, 09:41:40 PM
HAIRSPRAY, the movie,appears to be a hit! Good news, too - since it's very faithful to the Broadway musical. The cast actually breaks out in song! "Good Morning, Baltimore" bolts off the screen with delight as if to say "This is a musical - deal with it".
Recently, movie adaptations have tip-toed around the fact that they are based on musicals. The film versions of DREAMGIRLS and (yes) CHICAGO changed their scripts to accomidate extra stage performances, dreams and all kinds of rediculousn

re: why do people who i know are in school type like this
 Aug 4 2007, 05:53:34 AM
Well, I know one thing... I'm not going to worry about whether "my" subject is "BROADWAY" enough to post on this board anymore. So, THANKS!
People "post" what they're "thinking".
I just say give them a break! If you can READ it - be thankful! LOL

re: Does Where You Sit Matter?
 Aug 4 2007, 05:45:55 AM
Steve, I'm Chason-
I understand what you mean. So where you sit DOES matter? To me, too.

Aug 4 2007, 05:09:02 AM
I thought this was gonna be another thread bout Xanadu, and the Helen Hayes. That theatre only holds like 45 people (enough to house the entire insane fanbase at once) so I think if you're going to see Xanadu it really does not matter where you sit, no.

Dude, you gotta be JOKING! There's no WAY the Helen Hayes seats 45 people! LOL! In my PERFECT WWORLD - EVERY theatre would hold only 45 people! I'd be almost on stage, right>

Aug 4 2007, 05:05:17 AM
Are you the guy who asked if rights for The Beauty and the Beast were available even though there have been a plethora of regional/high school productions in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro?

Dude, give it a REST! It's not as if I asked if PHANTOM had ever toured! Give a young person a break! Seriously - it's people like YOU that give this message board a bad reputation.

re: Sweet Charity - YES!
 Aug 4 2007, 04:09:03 AM
Actually I have not interest in Xanadu... and what finding my own Xanadu could possibly mean is beyond me. Have some more Coke, dude!
Does Where You Sit Matter?
 Aug 4 2007, 04:03:07 AM
I read on here that lots of people are content to sit in what I think of as being the "shi**y seats".
I just don't get as much "out of it" if I sit 3 blocks from the stage. I feel very alienated from what's going on "up there".
When I've set close... I see the actor's facial expressions, and I get so much more out of it.
I think I would rather pay more, and see fewer.
Maybe that's something I need to change, though... do you think?
What DO you think?
Fewer plays at to

Aug 4 2007, 03:25:44 AM
Do you personally want to come over and throw stones at me???
Seriously - lighten up! I admitted that my post was a mistake! I'm only 20. It turns out that the tour I had forgotten about was several years ago. Would YOU want to see Beauty & the Beast at the theatre I mentioned? The stage is about the size of your living room.
Feel free - it opens next weekend.
Hey, I know it's all a misunderstanding. We can just be friends, okay?
So - What about Sweet Charity? Ever seen it? <

Aug 4 2007, 02:45:31 AM
No. Sorry, you've obviously mistaken me for someone else.
Sweet Charity - YES!
 Aug 4 2007, 02:34:08 AM
'Charity' leaves audience smiling
By MARK LOWRY
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

PAIGE DAVIS DALLAS -- Cy Coleman's Sweet Charity is not considered a musical milestone of the 20th century, but I defy anyone who sees a first-rate production not to leave with a big ol' smile.

Many grinning people were filing out of the Fair Park Music Hall, where a more-entertaining-than-it-should-be touring production is playing for two weeks. Directed by Scott Faris and based on the 2005 Broa

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You