News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for muchado

muchado Profile Photo
Member Name: muchado
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: thoughts on SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER
 Nov 26 2006, 05:00:28 AM
Does anyone know if they have extended the season yet?
 Nov 22 2006, 08:26:49 AM
Just letting people know I edited my last post, removing the comments about the IMDb messageboards. I realized my comments pretty much put in the position of contributing to the fuss, and that wasn't my intention. Far from it.

Nov 21 2006, 09:27:11 AM
The majority of people have loved Carla's performance. Maybe it was an off night for her? Then again, you can't please all of the people all of the time, eh?

Nov 16 2006, 04:25:22 AM
Oh well. Then I have a quote for Gale Harold from the immeasurable talents of Nick Cave -

"The greatest artists have failed. My heroes have had their abysmal periods in their careers. It just doesn't matter that much."

Any word on what Carla is planning to do next?

Nov 15 2006, 05:03:34 PM
So you didn't get to meet him either?

A number of people who went to see the play have related what it was like to meet him. One reviewer said that Gale asked them not to take pictures, so what did they do? Her girlfriend turned the flash off and took some anyway. Occurances like that are possibly what spoils it for others. I don't know. From what I've read in the past couple of weeks, Gale doesn't sound comfortable being 'famous'. But he loves to act.

Since starting th

Nov 15 2006, 07:49:25 AM
A fan of Gale Harold's who was at a recent performance was put-out because he escaped the theatre with the emerging crowd instead of meeting with the fans. She then went on to question why he was in the business at all if he did things like that.
I don't get it. Its not like she didn't get to see him in the play - which afterall - is why he's there and what she paid for. Then again, maybe she didn't go for the play at all.

Dr. Sugar could possibly put his labotomy skills to goo

Nov 11 2006, 04:30:14 PM
Lol. Being cold is distracting. I always take a jacket with me to the cinema in summer because they have the airconditioning on and when you haven't moved for more than half an hour it begins to get cold.

Thank you for the review. I especially liked the "Ms Gugino's performance made me forget that I was literally shivering." comment.

What did you think of the set?

Nov 11 2006, 08:08:52 AM
Well I went on the hunt via google and searched various Gale Harold message boards and found that, on the whole, his fans who have seen the play have been delighted with his performance. And yeah... ofcourse they're biased, but they still pay their money to have a good night out like everyone else.

Blythe Danner and Carla Gugino were also highly praised.

Broadwayworld.com reviews - especially after the weekend shows - would be greatly appreciated if anyone can spare t

Nov 9 2006, 04:34:49 AM
"I'm going Friday. Will report back."

Wonderful! Please do.

As for Blythe, its been a mixed bag, though no one has gone past saying she gave a "solid performance". But, like I said, its early days.

I hope the reviewers don't mind me including name-tags with the good and not-so-good quotes? If so, just let me know.

Nov 7 2006, 07:03:28 AM
"I saw it on Saturday afternoon. Blyth Danner and Gale Harold were not very good, but it Carla Gugino's (sp?) performance was incredible."

Seems to be the consesus. I'm holding off on the write up in the hopes that Blythe and Gale will feel more at ease with their roles given time. Its very early days and I'd like to have something more positive to include. I'm interested in how the supporting cast are coming along also.

Nov 6 2006, 05:44:02 AM
Anyone else seen this show in the last few days and have an opinion? I'm putting together some review quotes for interested parties.
 Nov 3 2006, 04:56:25 AM
My apologies. Didn't mean to cause confusion. I'm glad I was wrong though.
 Nov 3 2006, 02:20:18 AM
Cancel the whole thing? That's sad. But maybe not surprising.
 Nov 2 2006, 10:31:45 PM
After reading the few threads here about SLS it sounds worth seeing - not that I'll get the chance. Hope Gale nails it - when he's good, he's sublime.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You