News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayFuture462

BroadwayFuture462 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayFuture462
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Open Jar Institute
 Feb 27 2012, 09:34:21 PM
Well, I had A LOT to say, but it seems that many of my other peers have already taken care of everything I wanted to say.

I am a longtime member here (don't post often, but occasionally), and Open Jar was by far one of the GREATEST experiences of my life.

I'm at 1:14 in this video if you'd like to hear a quick testimony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqdTJ2ZF8_4

Vegas Phantom
 Sep 12 2011, 03:24:02 AM
"Are the Cirque shows in Vegas better than the touring ones? I have only seen Corteo, Delirium, and Alergria on tour, and I was slightly disappointed in all of them... I am thinking of trying one in Vegas when I go again. I really like the music from Zumanity, but I read it is kind of just a tacky burlesque show. Any thoughts on which shows are the best in Vegas?"

Being that I was born and raised in Vegas, I've seen every Cirque show so if you want honest opinions here we go. ha

Lloyd Webber vs. Puccini
 Sep 5 2011, 08:09:58 AM
Not to mention Bolero and Memory from CATS are nearly the same song.
Also, has anyone ever listened to the opening of Rosemary in How To Succeed....it's EXACTLY the same as Jesus Christ Superstar.

Certain composers want you to hear melodies they've worked into scores, yes that is true and I think "How I Saved Roosevelt" in Assassins is a great example. HOWEVER. I don't honestly believe that is Webber's intention. I genuinely just think he is an awful composer who steals melodies,

In your opinion, what is the most overrated musical score?
 Aug 29 2011, 03:55:09 AM
ANYTHING Andrew Lloyd Weber. I don't get the obsession over his work. I find so many people who love him, but when I hear "Jesus Christ Superstar", all I hear is the blatant rip off of "Rosemary" by Frank Loesser from How to Succeed. When I hear "Memory" from CATS, all I can hear is Bolero by Ravel.

Also, if we're talking about shows in general and not just recent Broadway productions, Little Shop of Horrors take the cake as the most overrated show of all time. I cannot stand it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You