News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for swingshift_42

swingshift_42 Profile Photo
Member Name: swingshift_42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: re: re: re: re: re: Best movie about NEW YORK or BROADW
 Mar 22 2004, 05:13:43 PM
Movie? Woody Allen's "Manhattan"
Show? "On The Town"

re: re: re: re: Pedi- 100 Ways To Win An Audience!
 Mar 22 2004, 05:08:27 PM
Thanks for the info Corine2!!! and i'm with you on Sallie Mayes...check out the Comden & Green album - it's called "Our Private World"
re: Pedi- 100 Ways To Win An Audience!
 Mar 22 2004, 12:18:14 AM
This sounds very cool - what a wonderful choice of material. Sally Mayes did a Comden & Green album a few years back that was one of my favorites. Is Pedi perfoming this again any time soon?
re: re: re: re: Coming to NYC, need advice, please!
 Mar 22 2004, 12:11:13 AM
My suggestions: don't miss 'I am my own wife' and 'bridge and tunnel'!
re: re: '1776' film banned in Fairfax County middle schools -
 Mar 22 2004, 12:09:39 AM
ugh! in addition having one of the greatest books of any b'way show ever, '1776' is also one of the most thoroughly researched dramatic recreations of a historical event.

read any history book and you will find that franklin & jefferson had extremely active sex lives - a fact that '1776' doesn't disguise, but doesn't blow out of proportion either.

what a shame these kids won't get to see it.

Keep runnin', Johnny
 Mar 21 2004, 08:49:00 PM
Noooo! Will someone please step up and send this "5 star" abomination from whence it came before it reaches the Great White Way?
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: revivals?
 Mar 21 2004, 08:44:38 PM
how about about "Hello Again"? I'd like to see that on b'way.
re: Rent tour critique and bloopers
 Mar 21 2004, 08:42:28 PM
I once saw Rent on B'way (maybe 4-5 years ago now) in which the entire cast got the giggles mid-way through "La Vie" and couldn't make it to the end of the act. It happens to the best...
re: re: re: re: re: re: Thoughts on Avenue Q
 Mar 21 2004, 08:38:03 PM
Although the show worked a bit better in it's off-b'way incarnation, it's still the freshest show to come to b'way in several seasons. walk - don't run. lucy t. awaits.
re: re: re: re: re: re: Thoughts on Avenue Q
 Mar 21 2004, 08:37:51 PM
Although the show worked a bit better in it's off-b'way incarnation, it's still the freshest show to come to b'way in several seasons. walk - don't run. lucy t. awaits.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: How Hard Is It To Get An Audition For Broadway?
 Mar 21 2004, 08:34:13 PM
jrb_actor is right - agent submissions are the most sure way (often in reality the only way) to get seen by casting directors for b'way shows.

in general, open calls are a waste of time for both the people auditioning and the people casting a show. there's just no way you can properly evaluate the thousands of people who try to show up.

try auditioning for smaller stuff and invite agents to your show.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Theatre Pros/Cons
 Mar 21 2004, 08:29:35 PM
Love the St. James. And the quirky Music Box!

Hate, hate, hate the Marquis - looks, smells, and sounds like a hotel convention center.

everybody rise
 Mar 21 2004, 08:24:54 PM
don't feel like a stubborn bitch! I know how awkward it is to sit when all of the people around you are standing, but if we don't employ the S.O. sparingly it LOOSES ITS MEANING!

And if the S.O. looses its meaning, how can we properly acknowledge those rare and truely special shows and performances that deserve it?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You