News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for belle_lover

belle_lover Profile Photo
Member Name: belle_lover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Going to NYC, can only see one show, Advice???
 Sep 2 2008, 09:36:11 AM
While people here are recommending some good shows, despite the fact I have yet to see some of them, you have to go with what you want to see. For me, it mainly depends on what you're looking for in a show and what interests you. Once you figure that out, I think you'll be able to pick a show and have a great experience with it :)
re: Do you go see a broadway show for the show or just a performance/perfor
 Sep 1 2008, 07:44:22 PM
I'm guilty for doing this. The main reason I wanted to see Mary Poppins was for a performer, but when they weren't in the show that night, it forced me to watch the show. I also wanted to see Beauty a second time because of two actors.

Most other shows I've seen on Broadway, though, I wasn't pulled in by an actor, mainly because I didn't keep tabs on them, so I was just more curious in seeing the production.

re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
 Aug 25 2008, 11:39:32 PM
Beauty: 3 times
The Lion King: 2 times
Mary Poppins: 2 times

One of my friends has seen a Broadway show 76 times. I'm not kidding.

re: Any bad stage-door experiences?
 Mar 16 2008, 10:03:17 PM
1) BatB stage door. I was with a bunch of friends seeing one of the last performances of BatB on Broadway, most of them their first time. All the actors that came out were nice, signing Playbills and all that jazz. Then Annaliese came out, and you were lucky if you got her circle of an autograph. She did not talk to anyone and had this attitude like she didn't want to be there.

2) Legally Blonde stage door. Same thing, nice actors singing Playbills, then Laura Bell Bundy came out. I was

re: Famous People at Brodway Shows
 Jul 31 2007, 12:03:32 PM
When I went to see Beauty in April 2006, one of my friends noticed that Jacob Young was also there.
re: Official Goodbye Thread for 'Beauty and the Beast'
 Jul 31 2007, 11:59:56 AM
I agree, jordangirl. I totally understand what you're saying, and all my friends agree. We thought she played Belle too serious as well.
re: Official Goodbye Thread for 'Beauty and the Beast'
 Jul 31 2007, 11:46:21 AM
It's so sad to have this show go. I went with a bunch of friends to see the last matinee on Saturday, and went stage-dooring on Sunday so my friends could see the hype. We all love BatB, so we're very sad to see it go =(

I don't mean to bring up any controversy, but despite Anneliese's singing, which was good, I didn't like her much as Belle. I've seen Ashley Brown in the role, and I thought she was much better. Totally JMO, but I just felt she wasn't all that great, except for her sing

re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?
 May 13 2007, 10:03:35 AM
I haven't got much, but I did get something. I sent the BatB cast a letter (this was back in 2005) and got two items in return.

~Signed Playbill - BatB Cast
~Signed promo photo and letter from Ashley Brown

What amazed me about the Playbill was that I didn't send them one - they just had the cast sign one as a thank-you for my letter.

Mary Poppins!
 Dec 13 2006, 09:05:18 PM
I want to see the show so bad! Definetely need to see the OBC! If I don't, I will be very sad =( *shares MP love* Must. See. Show. As. Soon. As. Possible.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You