News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JamieHT

JamieHT Profile Photo
Member Name: JamieHT
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SISTER ACT to Play Final Broadway Performance August 26
 Jun 20 2012, 05:13:16 PM
Sad. Any news on a cast recording? I thought it was doing OK since Raven joined??!
Sister Act - How Much Longer?
 Aug 9 2011, 08:28:11 PM
Catch Me announces 09/04.

You have tickets for 08/15-18 for a different show!! The problem??!

Sister Act Question
 May 5 2011, 09:15:37 PM
I remember her earring falling off once in London, Eddie picked it up for her.

Don't suppose you noticed if there were brochures on sale last night?

Sister Act Question
 May 5 2011, 07:07:30 PM
Have they started selling a Brochure with photos of the Production in it yet??
Sister Act Question
 May 5 2011, 09:20:01 AM
I definitely remember seeing them in the Nuns outfits on Broadway otherwise I would've found it odd as well because I saw the show 16 times in London. Curtis didn't dress up as the Pope on Broadway though.

Sister Act Question
 May 5 2011, 09:11:54 AM
I'm sure they appeared dressed as Nuns albeit briefly. Then I think they were back in their normal clothes before being wheeled off.
SISTER ACT Reviews
 Apr 29 2011, 01:49:58 AM
Of course they are remembered for playing those roles, because they are the ones who played them in the film (a much more accessible medium than the theatre). Now I can't comment on Mary Poppins or Wizard of Oz because I've never seen them on stage but I would never go to see one of them expecting to see Judy or Julie on stage though, as I know I would be disappointed. I would be totally prepared to see their performances altered and even bettered on stage. I think it would be a shame that ev
SISTER ACT Reviews
 Apr 29 2011, 12:48:58 AM
Now, I'm not a teenager. However, if I was, I would hope that you, as a theatre professor, would encourage me to have my own opinions about theatre and not try and dictate to me what I should and shouldn't like.

Maybe Sister Act was YOUR favourite film as a teenager and you're the one now getting 'bent out of shape' that they dared to change it. Maybe. Move on!!

SISTER ACT Reviews
 Apr 28 2011, 06:53:10 PM
I've seen both, and I much prefer the Musical to the Movie. It annoys me when people go to the Theatre expecting exactly what was in the film. I mean have they done any research before seeing it??! You may have got more laughs if Whoopi was still playing Deloris, but you certainly wouldn't have got the songs which I love so much more than the film.

I think they did have a different take on the film, they changed the year it was set, changed the songs, they expanded on the performan

Tony Sheldon should get the final curtain call!
 Apr 20 2011, 02:59:38 PM
Now I haven't seen the Broadway production, but I did see Tony in London and he really is the best thing about the show. I'm not a fan of the show at all, it left me feeling pretty cold. He, however had me feeling every emotion with Bernadette, something that Jason Donovan and Oliver Thornton didn't manage for me. I'm not sure if he should be last, because I do agree, it's more about Tick's journey. However I do believe that Tony is playing a woman in the role, not a man playing a woman whic
Sister Act First Preview
 Mar 30 2011, 01:23:45 PM
If they are considering reinstating How I Got the Calling in the place of It's Good To Be A Nun, how long in theory would it take for them to rehearse it and it actually appear in the show?!
Sister Act First Preview
 Mar 27 2011, 07:05:54 PM
Is there any merchandise on sale yet??!
Beauty and the Beast question
 Mar 27 2011, 12:48:24 PM
I've got the Spanish version of the CD of the film soundtrack (which I bought while in in Madrid). Maybe try fnac.es which is the name of the shop I got my copy from. Human Again is called Humano Otra Vez on the CD and now on my iPod. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Found it!! Hope it's alright to post links : http://musica.fnac.es/a224842/Varios-compositores-La-bella-y-la-bestia-B-S-O-sin-especificar?PID=6&Mn=-1&Ra=-28&To=0&Nu=3&Fr=0

Sister Act First Preview
 Mar 27 2011, 12:43:19 PM
The changes in both Fabulous, Baby! (not as much talk and the introduction talking about nuns, being too this and too that etc.) and its reprise (Eddie singing the introduction) are on the German Cast Recording, so changes were afoot even in December or earlier. The German version of How I Got The Calling is called Meine Offenbarung which I think could mean the same thing. Do the Sacred Mass and Here Within These Walls (reprise) were both on there as well (in German of course).

I wi

Sister Act On Broadway!
 Mar 4 2011, 05:32:46 PM
I have to disagree, Swirly. I just don't get the appeal of Priscilla. The costumes are good, but I already know I like those songs, so I'd rather go to a club and dance to them there. I didn't feel good coming out after, I also think the song list in London is better for Priscilla. I just felt a bit let down. I hadn't seen the film when I saw the show first. When I saw the film I was even more let down by the show.

My favourite thing about Sister Act is the music, I went to the sho

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You