News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sweeneynut

sweeneynut Profile Photo
Member Name: sweeneynut
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Me? I wish I was Susan Blackwell.

"Did you gesture at me when you said Kwanzaa?"

"My friend Courtney wears GREEN SUITS!"

"Drivin' cross country in a yellow van, for a man named Ben Huang. Don't know if his name is Huang. We could be wrong. It may be Hwong."

"We all have the same nose! Yeah!"

Stay Classy!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Anyone go to VANITIES tonight?**mini spoilers**
 Jul 14 2009, 01:03:42 PM
I went on Thursday and Saturday (mat), and asked for Student Rush at both. I arrived about 30 minutes to curtain, and they were sold out both times and I was put on a cancellation list. Thursday, no one got tickets, but Friday, all three people on the list did. We all wound up in the balcony; chairs on the side if you've ever been to Second Stage before. I was last on the list and wound up in the chair closest to the front, with about a 1/4 of the stage obstructed. It was mostly fine, I still sa
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Apr 8 2009, 01:28:31 AM
So, I saw the N2N for the first time since the 2nd Stage run today, and I was blown away. A lot of things really threw me, and I loved all of the changes they made. They really seem well thought out and for the better, especially the changes to Henry. He's enormously more likeable now; he seemed a little annoying at 2nd Stage. The ending was beautiful and touching and much tighter than it used to be, although Dan still sings a few too many ballads for my taste. Aaron has Gabe down perfectly, though, Alice is fierce as always, and I really related to Natalie; her character seems more fleshed out as well. Was there ever a song list in the playbill? I seem to remember one, but it wasn't in the one I got today...Anyways, the whole cast was so lovely and wonderful at the stagedoor.

That being said, I know some of you here are going to be at the Booth multiple times in the next few weeks, so as a favor, could someone possibly PM/email me when they restock the shirts? I love the new logo so much, and the merch guy said they only had XL shirts left. I'm a small Thanks!

re: NYTimes: Audience Member Throws Tantrum at REASONS TO BE PRETTY
 Apr 6 2009, 12:39:02 AM
I believe he found regular people with the same names as the famous critics of the day and posted their reviews accordingly...and of course, they all loved it...
re: Allison Case in Mamma Mia
 Oct 12 2008, 11:08:20 AM
mywonderwall, I'm a fan of Allison Case, so I'd like to say that, in her defense, she's been sick for the past few days and, from what I understand, she's not doing the show right now because of that. I haven't seen her performance and I'm not trying to make excuses, but maybe you just caught her on a bad day...

CateBroadway, that sounds more like what I was expecting. Hmm. Allison seems like a wonderful actress, and from HAIR and the videos I've seen of Nemo, I think she's more than ca

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Sep 23 2008, 12:39:52 AM
C'mon everyone! Tell your grandma! Tell fat-ass Aunt Fannie!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/221/petition-to-get-title-of-show-on-ellen

Less than 200 signatures to 999!

re: So what did we all buy?
 Sep 22 2008, 12:10:08 AM
Haha, thanks. I feel a lot better now, since I only had $200 on me and I certainly didn't have it when I was done...
 Sep 21 2008, 11:46:43 PM
Thanks Viola. Aaargh, they sold her bag? I was talking to Michael McDonald and he told me it was her bag...but not that he was selling it. Do you know how much it went for, or is that asking too much?
re: Hair Question (September 2004)
 Sep 21 2008, 11:13:13 PM
Mwahaha...thank you, kind sir. Your username is full of win as well. Anyway, I'd like to direct you to this picture, which is worth more than a thousand words.

http://flickr.com/photos/70959764@N00/2647020189/

Yes, that is a plush meat weasel in Heidi's hands. Yes, she does scream "MEAT WEASEL!" upon seeing me, which is all too offensive and funny simultaneously...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meat+weasel

Sep 21 2008, 11:08:14 PM
-2 [tos] tickets for closing night! what! (anyone want to buy 2 balcony tickets off me? reasonable pricing...)
-2 Forbidden Broadway tickets
-[tos] caricature
-CHEDDAR BUNNIES! (i need more. really. who has the recipe?)
-half of Berger's shirt from HAIR
-shirts from Wicked, the Wedding Singer, Billy Elliot, Spelling Bee, and Grey Gardens
-Seth's Chatterbox with Celia Keeenan-Bolger and Passing Strange
-Scripts for the Homecoming and the Pillowman
-Sutton Foster's

re: Hair Question (September 2004)
 Sep 21 2008, 10:52:47 PM
If you stumble across the HAIR cd in a bookstore, just flip it over and all the names will be on it. But, if you'd like...

1.Lillias White
2.Lea Delaria
3.Tribe
4.Jai Rodriguez
5.Chuck Cooper
6.Euan Morton, Harris Doran
7.Ana Gasteyer
8.Shoshana Bean
9.Tribe
10.Harvey Fierstein
11.Laura Benanti
12.Adam Pascal
13.Gavin Creel
14.Raul Esparza, Harris Doran
15.Charles Busch
16.Jennifer Hudson
17.John Tartaglia

re: My Shrek post w/pics
 Sep 2 2008, 11:50:03 PM
Awesome. Thanks for posting the pic! I like that shirt, even though I'm a girl. Oh well.

When I saw the show, there was this group of about 5 girls at the stagedoor, all decked out in Shrek clothing, saying they'd seen the show 5 times, etc. Anyway, they kept going on, and on, and ON about the mix tape reference, and told poor John how much they loved it about ten times. Then she called one of her friends at twelve at night just to tell them about the line. Really. Just thought I'd sha

re: My Shrek post w/pics
 Sep 2 2008, 10:01:31 PM
Haha, you're right, eatlasagna! I pretty much agree with everything you said, except for the set bit. I saw the show from the last row of the theatre, and the set just looked like a big blob of green. I'm sure it was nice up close, but the folks in the cheap seats would like some distinction... Great pics, by the way! Could you please post a pic of the shirt you were talking about, though? I'm a sucker for merchandise, but I didn't want anything from Shrek because I hated the crappy logo they splashed all over everything. They totally didn't have gingerbread men and pinnochio shirts when I went, though
re: New Sophie In Mama Mia? When?
 Sep 2 2008, 12:51:34 AM
Jesus, CateBroadway, are you me? Seriously, I love Celia Keenan-Bolger so much that words can't express it, and while watching Hair, I kept thinking that Allison Case gave off the exact same feeling and energy. (Translation: I couldn't keep my eyes off Allison Case for the rest of the show after "Frank Mills". I missed some of the plot because of it.) 24 hours later, I love Allison Case. Damn it. I have to pay more than 1/4 price to see a show now...

Oh, and I always find myself humming

re: New Sophie In Mama Mia? When?
 Sep 1 2008, 07:24:10 PM
Apparently, the new Sophie will be...

*drumroll*

Allison Case! (yay)

Really, that would be the only reason I'd ever see Mamma Mia again. She's supposed to start on September 24th. And, I really don't have a source other than Facebook and playbill.com listing her credits as "Allison Case (Hair, Mamma Mia)". But I really, really hope it's true, since I've been obsessing over her since I saw Hair.

re: Clever Lyrics that make you Smile Every Time!
 Aug 21 2008, 02:43:11 AM
Haha, soon2bstar, I was playing my In the Heights cast recording one day, and my mother walked in and just happened to hear the taxi line. She likes repeating things, and she didn't hear most of it, so it went:

CR: "They say he's got quite a big-taxi!"
Mother: "TAXI!"
Me: *dies laughing*

And the lyric that always makes me smile is from [tos]'s My First Time skit,

"Hunter: We're here to talk about our first time seeing a Broadway show.
Susan: And to help spr

Aug 12 2008, 03:53:47 PM
Michael Bennett, that is an inspiring post. Wow.

By the way, I'm going on youtube and saying I want one of these:

Aug 11 2008, 03:40:19 PM
Fanadu, that shirt in your profile pic is amazing. Did you see the show Saturday? If you did, I was in the front row...but I turned around a few times before the show, and there's no way I could've missed a huge-ass nametag like that, so I'm guessing you didn't. I'm glad the cast will probably be at the Flea Market, I just wasn't really thinking about time gaps when I posted.

Oh, and apparently, Heidi pointed at me and said "Meat Weasel!" after curtain call, but that had to be the exac

Aug 11 2008, 02:17:53 AM
Will they even be at the Flea Market? They have 2 shows on Sunday, and it's not like they have a multitude of understudies/ensemble/chorus/assistant stage managers to man the booth. I really, really, hope they are, though, and I hope they sell lots of duct tape and rice krispie treats. I want a stay classy shirt, and Hunter should make us all some shrimp and sell it. broadwayfan, I was there yesterday too! Glad you and dramamama liked the show!
 Aug 7 2008, 01:51:45 PM
Y'know, when I first read that, I thought Hunter said he'd hope to be "re-enacting Into the Woods with barbecued chicken." Oops.
re: A YouTube [TOS]-o-rama!
 Aug 6 2008, 11:54:08 PM
taylor, I love the Butter Lane vid! The best part is Susan feeling herself up, and the the frame breaks and we see Hunter. :) Haha, now I have to watch it 30 times again, since you brought it up.

Here's another link for you Susan fans:

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You