News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MyLife

Member Name: MyLife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 9 2024, 09:24:19 AM

I won lotto and seats were in row A (5 & 7), off to the side. Slightly obstructed but the view wasn't terrible at all. It is a very loud show so consider bringing some ear plugs!

I thought the show was incredible. There are so many moving pieces, the entire show is one beautifully choreographed dance. For me, there wasn't a weak link in the cast but the standouts were all of the Tommys (Olive Ross-Kline and Reese Levine were on for the first preaches).&n

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 13 2023, 10:04:31 AM

blaxx said: "Kad said: "blaxx said: "If it was a story of suffering they would not have failed in casting a Jewish person.

But, as always, in a story of joy and success they could've cast practically anyone and get away with a slap in the wrist.
"

What recent productions about Jewish joy and success have not cast Jewish leads?
"

The Funny Girl revival for their National Tour. But also Falsettos recently comes to

Come From Away Closing Oct 2  Oct 2 2022, 07:01:26 PM

The WOOer and the filmer were the worst but nothing could spoil how spectacular this afternoon was. Come From Away is such a special show and I love how much it means to everyone involved in different ways.

And for folks who couldn’t attend, please consider a donation to the Canadian Red Cross (https://www.redcross.ca) or another organization helping out the victims of the Hurricane that hit Newfoundland a few weeks ago. Hundreds of homes lost the the SPCA was broken into. They deserve our help after everything they’ve done for us.

What is the greatest number of Best Musical winners that have been running on Broadway at one time?  Mar 9 2022, 10:37:18 AM

+Chicago and a few others any given year if you want to count Best Musical Revival winners.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jan 28 2022, 09:14:06 AM

Thank you for this 6 year old information.

COVID performance cancellation  Dec 30 2021, 08:52:12 AM

broadwayfan128 said: "Why is Miguel still stage dooring at Hamilton without a mask ?"

If you are referring to photo on Instagram he took one selfie from the steps of the stage door, at a distance. Actors are under enough pressure as it is, they don't need message board posters questioning their every move.

COVID performance cancellation  Dec 28 2021, 01:58:34 PM

So not a show cancelling but us having to cancel on a show. 

have 1 ticket to Company tonight, Row H center Mezz Paid $79 + fees, willing to accept whatever. DM if interested!

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 27 2021, 08:10:24 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "SmoothLover said: "They said on the news tonight that Hells Kitchen has the highest rate of covid infection in Manhattan."

Yeah. I read that last week. How did we go from being the lowest infected rate in NYC to the highest??
"

Part of it is testing bias. Higher socioeconomic areas get tested more often during surges because for multiple reasons (better access to testing being a major one). There are high rates acro

WEST SIDE STORY Sequel, MARIA, in the Works From Long Wharf Theatre  Dec 22 2021, 10:59:05 AM

MAMMA MARIA

Maria is pregnant and the father could be one of three men. This story follows Marianas she sets out to find out whether her baby daddy is Tony, Chino, or Action.

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Nov 21 2021, 05:02:30 PM

I disagree completely. I think these musicals were specifically being referenced. 

The actors from Rent are still dressed as an ode to the show. Renee and Phillipa are in coral and green. Brian Stokes is in a suit not unlike Colehouse’s. All of this was done with purpose. It’s all too perfect to be a coincidence. So yes I misspoke and they’re not all characters in the literal sense but they’re certainly representations of these characters and shows. &nb

Lin to direct film adaptation of Tick Tick Boom  Nov 21 2021, 02:31:02 PM

pmensky said: "Jordan Catalano said: "But why is Bebe wearing lingerie at the Diner?"

Yeah, that was distracting. She and Chita looked a little out of place while the rest of them looked like New Yorkers at a diner at Sunday brunch.
"

I thought that was the point!

Everyone’s gasping about the cameos but it’s not just who is in the scene, it’s more about why they’re in it. Each cameo is dressed as the mus

Spring Awakening Reunion?  Nov 15 2021, 11:52:25 AM

Another plea here! Preferably looking for 2 tickets but would also happily accept 1 and pay a pretty penny if you're looking to sell/get rid of any! 

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Oct 28 2021, 08:29:47 AM

I rushed this on Tuesday and the seats were fantastic - center Orchestra row N. I think they may have been cancellations due to the storm because the tickets had someone else's name on them, though the BO printed them right there and the price still said $35.

Agree with what most have said here. Rob McClure is giving a fantastic performance and is pretty much the only reason I'd tell someone they should see this show. The book is funny and I think they did a good job at respect

9/14/21 Reopening Nights Thread  Sep 15 2021, 01:33:02 PM

I was at the Reopening of Hamilton and it was absolutely incredible from start to finish. Standing ovation for Lin, who gave a very short but heartfelt speech before the show began (which I'm sure most have seen online). There were extended applause for every actor's initial entrance in the opening number. Standing Ovations after several numbers (My Shot, Yorktown, One Last Time, to name a few). 

This performance was unlike anything I've ever seen. It felt like bo

HAMILTON on Disney Plus Nominated for Two Golden Globes, Including Best Picture  Feb 3 2021, 09:51:45 AM

What's the surprise? It's a film of a musical that was nominated in the Best Musial or Comedy Film category. It seems appropriate.

I think the bigger surprise is James Corden snagging a nomination for Best Actor.

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 30 2020, 12:25:31 PM

theatretenor2 said: "MyLife said: "Not that this changes the point of your post, but two OG ensemble members are missing from this: Betsy Struxness and Emmy Raver-Lampman."

Are you sure that ERL is missing? She's listed in all of the credits for the film. Struxness is not.
"

I could be mistaken but I thought she had left by the time this was filmed. Elizabeth Judd, who replaced ERL in the track is also listed in the credits, so who kn

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 24 2020, 04:14:37 PM

Not that this changes the point of your post, but two OG ensemble members are missing from this: Betsy Struxness and Emmy Raver-Lampman.

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer  Feb 26 2020, 05:35:22 PM

Kitsune said: "I work ata local public health department. I gotpulled off my usual job last week to phone screen travelers returning from mainland China. Thisdoesn't make me any expert, but for what it's worth...

If I was a producer I wouldhave this on my mind, but it's too early to make any recommendations for things months down the line.In a perfect world, our screening efforts would be a perfect barrier against cases spreading. In reality, I don't know w

Awards Host 2020  Feb 24 2020, 02:50:20 PM

As much as I love Billy Porter as a performer, he was pretty horrendous on the Oscar red carpet this year. I don't think hosting the Tonys would appeal to his strengths. Have him lead the opening a la Janelle Monae? That I'm all for!

He Won't Be Fired  Feb 14 2020, 10:31:09 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "After that performance last night he should be let go. Ricky was 100 times better. Amar also got very loud boos during curtain call from the clan in the mezz"

I agree. Regardless of the horrible acts that occurred at the ballet (not everything is beautiful at the ballet, I guess), he was the weakest part of this production of West Side Story. His voice is horrible and compared to Isaac, Shereen, and Yesenia, he had the stage presence of a wet

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You