News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayguy22089

Member Name: bwayguy22089
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cinderella opening Feb 2012 @ Broadway Theatre  Aug 9 2012, 12:21:40 AM
"^ It will be a great season even though 'Cinderella' be considered an original Broadway musical at the Tonys. It will be considered for Best Revival of Musical at the Tonys. despite the fact that this will be the first time that the show has played on Broadway. At this year's Laurence Olivier Awards, 'Andrew Llyod Webber's: The Wizard of Oz' was nominated for Best Musical Revival even though it was playing in the West End for the the first time."

The Wizard of Oz was nominated for Best

So who is Hannigan?  May 6 2012, 09:45:37 PM
I've heard that they're trying to get Kristin Chenoweth to star as Hannigan. Also, I'm pretty sure Stephanie J. Block is set to play Grace.
Best Glinda/Elphaba Pair in WICKED?  Apr 18 2012, 11:01:21 PM
I think it just comes from being a long running show. The producers have embraced its long run and now advertise it as a tourist attraction, similarly to Mamma Mia and Phantom, rather than a creative, smart Broadway production. It now attracts many more large families, children and foreigners than it ever did before. That's not a bad thing. It's just different. Also, many of the cast members have been apart of the show in some aspect for years and years. It's just stale. It's almost as though th
Best Glinda/Elphaba Pair in WICKED?  Apr 17 2012, 02:43:57 PM
I've seen the show many times throughout the years and I've watched it go from being a good, fun, and surprisingly mature production, to a childish theme park show, which is what it is now. That being said, the BEST cast I have seen (in terms of making the show an actual Broadway caliber performance" - acting, singing, and dancing) was Idina Menzel, Jennifer Laura Thompson, Joey McIntyre, George Hearn, and Carole Shelley. I felt that Idina had settled into the role very well. Her voice was not a
Reprises that are better/more well known than the actual song...  Apr 6 2012, 12:23:01 AM
Hey everyone. Can anyone think of a song where the reprise is either more well known or simply a better/longer arrangement than the actual song itself? Perhaps the song "The Color Purple" from the show of the same name. It is first sung by Shug in the beginning of Act Two. It's maybe a minute long song. It is reprised at the end of the show by the entire company for a good four to five minutes. Another example might be the song "The Sound of Music," again from the show of the same name. The song is much more elaborate when it is performed by the children and the Captain than when it is first performed by Maria at the start of the show. Random topic, but I'm curious

WICKED reviews??  Apr 3 2012, 09:04:48 AM
When it first opened back in 2003... 5. Now... 3. It's becoming tired and stale. It's still fun to watch, but the "magic," for lack of a better word, is gone.
Kristin & Idina Tony Awards 2004  Jan 4 2012, 03:46:17 PM
2004 was a VERY tough year for that category. Any of the women nominated could have won, and would have done so deservingly. The award definitely went to my favorite performer that year, but again, all of the women deserved to win that year. I think the only one who probably didn't necessarily deserve the award was Stephanie, and that was mainly due to the part, not the actress. I think the two most deserving roles that year were Caroline and Elphaba, undoubtedly.
Buzz about possible  Dec 18 2011, 04:43:22 PM
Julie Andrews as the fairy godmother. Make it happen.
Does anyone know which merchandise company is doing Patti and Mandy?  Dec 3 2011, 12:23:10 AM
Araca Merchandise. Same company that does The Book of Mormon, Follies, Rock of Ages and Wicked.
I've Never Seen Wicked ever -- need advice  Nov 23 2011, 01:33:25 AM
The show was really a "show" back when it opened. It was solid. Now, it's something of a machine. It's more of a theme park show. The actresses are fine. They sing well and act as best they can. The show is getting old though. It was really it's best between 2003 and 2007. Donna is pretty fantastic though. Kate is pretty great as Glinda too. I'd say the standbys are better than the principals.
Book of Mormon Musical References  Aug 12 2011, 10:34:05 AM
Going off the original cast recording:

Two By Two = Little Shop of Horrors (starting at 3:44)
You and Me (But Mostly Me) = Defying Gravity (underscoring starting at :30), and the final "Me" is a nod to the end of The Wizard and I
All American Prophet = The Music Man (Rock Island/Trouble) (starting at 2:54)
Sal Tlay Ka Siti = a nod to Disney in general
Man Up (featured in the Entr'acte) = underscore to "I Hope I Get It" from A Chorus Line

Just my 2 cents

New Poll: Who Would You Like to See as 'Fanny Brice' in the Revival of FUNNY GIRL?  Jul 15 2011, 11:49:09 PM
While I love all the women listed (not saying they're all right for the role), Nicole Parker deserves the role. She looks it. She's hysterical. She's a great, well rounded actress. She's somewhat of a name but not a huge star. And she has a loud, brassy, distinct, passionate voice.
New Poll: Who Would You Like to See as 'Fanny Brice' in the Revival of FUNNY GIRL?  Jul 15 2011, 11:48:58 PM
While I love all the women listed (not saying they're all right for the role), Nicole Parker deserves the role. She looks it. She's hysterical. She's a great, well rounded actress. She's somewhat of a name but not a huge star. And she has a loud, brassy, distinct, passionate voice.
RENT Off Broadway Cast Revealed!  Jun 8 2011, 03:31:34 PM
I don't know how she'll sound in "Take Me or Leave Me" but her "Over the Moon" will be excellent.
RENT Off Broadway Cast Revealed!  Jun 8 2011, 03:31:22 PM
I don't know how she'll sound in "Take Me or Leave Me" but her "Over the Moon" will be excellent.
RENT Off Broadway Cast Revealed!  Jun 8 2011, 03:31:04 PM
Deborah Gibson - Funny Girl  Jun 7 2011, 07:53:59 PM
The direction looks awful. She seems ok. Not great, by any means, but not as terrible as the direction.
Anyone feel hiding replacement boards is deceptive?  Jun 7 2011, 08:07:14 AM
I think everyone is basically trying to be an asshole/argumentative in this thread. I agree. The board should be where everyone can see it (out near the box office). People buy tickets to shows based on who's in it, star or not. It is somewhat misleading. I doubt they do it purposely, but it should be visible.
Nicole Parker  Jun 6 2011, 02:30:41 PM
She was an incredible Elphaba, in my opinion. One of the better actresses. Her voice is not always necessarily pretty, but it sure is powerful. I would love to see her as Fanny.
New World Stages RENT Cast?  May 31 2011, 09:47:19 PM
Annaleigh Ashford is Maureen.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You