News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Walcer

Walcer Profile Photo
Member Name: Walcer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aug 6 2023, 05:23:24 AM

joevitus said: "Wow. Direly bad ending."

I stumbled across this post and felt I had to correct the record, even though I posted this script on here 11 years ago.

That wasn't the ending that g.d.e.l.g.i. posted. What he posted was a scene near the beginning of act two where Humbert drugs Lo in the hotel and SA's her. As with most of his unreliable narration, he spins it for the audience to make it look like she seduces him (which we just don't buy,

Lolita, My Love Re-envisioned
 Feb 28 2011, 07:35:49 PM
Almira, having said the original book was "too good an adaptation," I'd be very interested to hear your reasons as to why the original production was a failure. Do you think it was simply the subject matter?
 Feb 28 2011, 06:24:19 PM
Re. BK's response:

I tried my best to rundown who did what on the second page (scenes & musical numbers listing). When it comes to the book, it's much more difficult to tell. Sometimes I changed a word here and there, sometimes it's a whole new scene.

The only source material I used was from what was written by Lerner and Nabokov (Nabokov's novel & screenplay.) Remember, the Nabokov screenplay is very different from the film that was made. The only thing

Feb 28 2011, 03:44:19 PM
Re: newintown's post.

Q: Do you have the rights to adapt the piece?
A: No. I make that clear in the disclaimer on the first page. This is for reference only and I make absolutely no claims of ownership on the source material. I had originally intended to send the script to John Barry to pursue the rights, but he passed away last month as you probably know. I have no idea where the rights are or with who they lie. Probably in a mess between the Lerner, Barry, and Na

Feb 28 2011, 02:07:59 PM
Hey lakezurich! I'll PM you later today regarding SOSD, so we don't hijack this thread. Best,DW
 Feb 28 2011, 01:33:46 PM
Hello,

Some of you may remember me from a post a few years back about a musical I had written (The Ship of Stolen Dreams). Over the past year, as a hobby (and, with a great deal of hubris), I've been reworking the script from the 1971 Boston try-out of Lolita, My Love from a director's perspective. I thought I'd put what I've done online to get some feedback and to, hopefully, start a dialogue.

You can view the complete script here...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/49680865/Lolita-The-Musical

I look forward to your thoughts!

EDIT: Terribly sorry folks, but out of a fear of copyright infringement I've removed the script from online. I've also put in a request to have this thread deleted with the moderators. SORRY!

re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
 Dec 2 2008, 04:40:59 PM
This is a big shout out of thanks to everyone who took the time to visit the site and lend their support to the project! Unfortunately the website will be shutting down at the end of the month, due to a lack of resources and interest in the project from industry folks. I think it best at this time to shelve the project for a while and regroup with other projects. Hopefully in the near future I'll get around to finishing the third draft that I've been working on for a while which will provide
re: David Walcer
 Jul 12 2008, 03:41:40 AM

Jun 7 2008, 03:59:48 AM
don't hold your breath for any major developments any time soon. I'm on a bit of a hiatus at the moment from pitching and focusing instead on a seperate directing project and doing the orchestrations for this show. (very slowly!) My goal is over the next year or so to produce a good "audio book" style complete recording of the show as if you were hearing everything in the live show.

Thanks for keeping interest in the project! Any help I can get in spreading the word is greatly apprec

re: Ragtime vs. Rent (March Madness, Round 3, game 5)
 Mar 27 2008, 01:37:38 PM
RAGTIME
re: Miss Saigon vs. Titanic (March Madness, Round 3, game 3)
 Mar 26 2008, 12:37:46 AM
MISS SAIGON
 Mar 12 2008, 10:58:55 PM
I really appreciate the kind words folks!... It's very uplifting to hear it especially as I continue the battle to get producers to even look at the material. I'm going to keep plugging away and hopefully by mid-fall I can get a new recording with at least piano score of the entire show.

If anyone out there has suggestions of where I should pitch the project and how to go about it I would love to hear it. If anyone is connected to reputable schools who are looking for material to wo

Mar 10 2008, 09:35:07 PM
Thanks so much! It's great to hear from people about the show, especially with their support. I was actually considering working for the next few months on the orchestrations and attempt to produce an "audio book" of the entire show with dialogue, sfx, etc. and retool the audio section of the website. Hopefully it all pans out :S

re: 80s Musicals?
 Feb 25 2008, 02:17:07 PM
Chess... Anybody??
re: HA’PENNY BRIDGE in San Francisco has been Cancelled!
 Feb 21 2008, 02:14:42 PM
Yikes... Although, I heard whisperings from people in the Toronto industry that the show itself was pretty rough. Actors had been dropping out over the last few monthes.
re: Whistle Down the Wind tour- anyone seen it?
 Feb 10 2008, 08:10:15 PM
It was the man... at least it was definatly Eric Kunze who passed it to her in the end.
re: Whistle Down The Wind
 Feb 1 2008, 12:18:20 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&thread=952984#3422557
re: A DISNEY MUSICAL I WOULE LIKE TO SEE ON BROADWAY
 Jan 21 2008, 12:18:22 PM
I was trying to post last night with "Nightmare Before Christmas" but the site wouldn't let me Anyway... that would be an awesome show year round in my opinion.
re: Truly Original Broadway Shows
 Jan 21 2008, 12:15:49 PM
"I was just pointing out what seems to be a lack of creativity on Broadway these days."

It's not so much a dirth of creativity or talent that is the problem, it's a dirth of producers willing to invest in the unknown. 99% of producers will only touch something they know is a sure bet or something already pre-produced with a good track record. There's still alot of original work being written but it's still underground and found in Fringe Festivals and other self produced festivals.

Jan 17 2008, 09:20:44 PM
Unfortunatly nothing spectacular. I'm still shopping it around from company to company. I've entered alot of emerging artist programs but I'm competing with hundreds of other writers. I'm working at getting a company named "scriptlab" here in Toronto to do a workshop of it, but it's a slow process.

The last interesting thing that happened was a long talk I had with Scott Ellis (the director) who gave me alot of ideas of companys to contact. He suggested the Goodspeed Theatre in Co

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You