News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for knc68

Member Name: knc68
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Question about touring productions
 Jun 10 2016, 05:48:50 PM

Often you can find a list of the musicians who travel with the tour on ibdb.com. For example, If/Then lists Conductor, two keyboardists, guitar, drums, so most likely that is the set that travels with the show. I can't speak to its accuracy for this particular tour, but that's probably either accurate or close, and those people travel with the show, and the rest are hired locally. https://www.ibdb.com/Production/View/500921

Or, for example, I recently toured with a different show where the conductor, two pianists, and drummer traveled with the show, and 10 musicians (brass, woodwinds, strings, etc) were hired locally by a contractor. Music is sent ahead to them, and then once the tour arrives there is a rehearsal to combine the traveling group with the local musicians before opening night.

I think this is pretty common to most Equity/AFM tours--- I have heard that some of the non-eq tours that do fewer performances in each city carry all the musicians they have in the pit (and maybe therefore are more likely to reduce the orchestration significantly?) because it would be too much to add in new musicians if you're just doing one or two nights all the time, but I don't have personal experience with any of the non union tours.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You