News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for I'mseeingbraille57

Member Name: I'mseeingbraille57
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AND I AND SILENCE
 Aug 26 2014, 11:06:41 AM
It's not gonna be a play for everyone. If you love poetic theatre that deals with fairly dark subject matter, and don't mind slow burns then you should check this out. I thought it was beautiful gripping and the ending made total sense and was completely justified. Also I thought the acting was razor sharp and the actors were doing exactly what the play was asking of them.
The (Curious Case of the) Watson Intelligence
 Nov 18 2013, 09:03:44 AM
Caught this last night and while it took a good part of the first act to get going, I thought by the time the second act rolled around it developed into something really beautiful and engaging. This is still pretty safe and not overly experimental in form but the play sort of is seeking to look at the Watson character in a couple of different stories, weaving together Watson from Sherlock Holmes, Watson of Bell and Watson and the recent Watson computer that beat the two reigning champions of jeo
Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
 Aug 4 2012, 12:01:49 PM
I was the very last person in the cancellation line on Thursday to get a ticket, and I was in line at about 4:05. Show was beautiful, best of luck to those trying to get in!
Thoughts on Hurt Village, Assisstance, 4000 Miles, Blood Knot?
 Mar 6 2012, 01:34:33 AM
I'm going to NY this coming week and haven't read anything about these plays on here. I'm a huge off broadway straight play kind of guy and also really like more experimental/avant-garde kind of work. Any thoughts? My wishlist includes Once, Other Desert Cities, Warhorse, and Russian Transport. Any other opinions are greatly appreciated!
Sleep No More Character I.D.'s?
 Mar 19 2011, 10:32:27 PM
Hi everyone! Probably big spoilers ahead, sorry in advanced: Saw the show last night and like everyone else was enthralled, enchanted, disturbed. I went with a friend and ditched her within a couple of minutes. (She was under the impression it was going to be haunted housey and after the second time she reached for my arm I decided it would be better for us to experience alone and artfully slipped away from her, very easy to do if you have a frightful girlfriend/boyfriend you don't want to deal
Revival of PICNIC in the works...
 Feb 25 2011, 08:25:31 PM
What ever happened to this? I did a search and couldn't come up with anything. Did it just sort of fizzle out? I recently read this play for class and would love to see what Cromer could do with it!
Trust - First Preview
 Jul 25 2010, 10:20:31 PM
Just got back from tonight's show. It was eh, if I had to describe in a word (or expression rather). Braff has some really nice moments, he plays a character we've all seen before from him, but he's quite good at doing it. He gets the most laugh and is able to make some genuine moments come to life out of a fairly run of the mill psychodrama/romance turned wrong. I also really like Cannavale, he's perfectly douchey and has a surprisingly touching scene at the end if you allow yourself to buy int
re: Ethnic people in non-ethnic roles
 Sep 24 2009, 04:41:21 PM
A question about the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Revival. Would that really be considered color-blind casting? Because it wasn't particularly blind, they were looking to use a black cast. Whenever casting of race is used to make a statement, is it very "blind" at all? Or is just considered the same thing as mixing it all up, like Braxton as Belle?
re: Theater tickets shouldn't come with a return policy.
 Aug 12 2009, 01:30:32 PM
Eh, if it's a company putting on an experimental work, or a director/playwright just trying to get their ideas out there, attaching the refund to some kind of survey about what was working, really asking the people for input, what they didn't like about it, ect. might be beneficial. Plus, it would be a hassle for people who didn't really feel passionately about getting that refund.
re: Twelfth Night - Shakespeare In The Park
 Jun 20 2009, 01:01:01 PM
So question, I have been reading this thread lately, and is it not that hard to get tickets at the moment? What time do you need to be in line in order to get the ones they hand out in the morning. I'm heading up next week, I know I read that once the reviews come out things could start to get crazy, but I'm hoping to go the 26th. Thanks!
re: RUINED Student Rush?
 Jun 15 2009, 10:23:16 PM
Has anyone done this lately? Anyone know if there is one available, I signed up for the 30 under 30 thing, but I'm hoping to go to NYC in 2 weeks and am just curious if I need to purchase in advance or if there is a student rush or if the 30 under 30 thing will send out an email in time. Thanks.
re: Top 10 Plays to Read Before You Die
 Jun 1 2008, 09:16:20 AM
I'll go with some ones not mentioned so far:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Crave and 4.48 Psychosis by Sarah Kane
Talk Radio/surbUrbia/one of his one man shows by Eric Bogosian for a scathing look at American society in the 80s-90s.
Four by Christopher Shinn
Arcadia by Tom Stoppard
Dutchman by Amiri Baraka
The Skin of Our Teeth by Thorton Wilder
Everyman by anonymous
The Clean House by Sarah Ruhl

Those are my ten! Oh and to whoever talked abou

re: Who is to blame for the break up in 'The last Five Years?'
 May 17 2008, 09:55:14 PM
Perhaps if there had been a few more duets they could have worked it out?
re: Macbeth or Sunday?
 Apr 14 2008, 09:20:01 PM
I rushed both of the shows, and I had rear mezz for Sunday (well actually, I did the 26.50 ticket because the sr policy at Studio 54 is half off normal seats) and I found it really hard to engage in, the set was gorgeous however and if you can deal with not being able to see faces too well then I think you will be fine.

Macbeth I rushed for a Sat. Matinee about an hour before curtain and I got balcony seats, I had never seen/read Macbeth so it was really difficult for me to follow (defi

re: Will they say 'Macbeth' at the Tony Awards?
 Apr 13 2008, 09:41:07 PM
Does anyone else spitcurse to cancel out the curse?

At my school if anyone says the "M word" the person has to spin around three times counter clockwise, spit, then swear.

I have now idea why we do this and it's rather silly but when we did a production of MacBeth a few years ago, one of our batons fell from our fly system during the show, so perhaps the curse is real?

re: Spring Awakening Help
 Aug 8 2007, 05:29:51 AM
I'm a 16 year old male and I just saw the show with my somewhat liberal but very religious mother, and it does potentially have some very awkward moments.

I mean my mother is very theatre-literate and has been going to the theatre since she was a little kid, so she could appreciate a lot of things about the production, however, she did make a comment that the content was a bit risque, but she kind of shrugged and said Well, that's theatre for ya.

I would try to see it on your

re: Which plays would you recommend buying?
 Dec 26 2006, 12:37:04 AM
Tom Stoppard has a collection of five plays thats between 15 to 20 dollars I think and I have enjoyed reading those immensly, especially Arcadia and The Real Thing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You