News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anyanka1933

anyanka1933 Profile Photo
Member Name: anyanka1933
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: have you ever or have you ever seen anyone walk out of a show?
 Dec 30 2006, 09:20:39 AM
Now that's rude.

I walked out only once and you can "Blame It On My Youth." I was 21 andhad been listening to the OBC album of Chorus Line since I was 17. I imagined "I Can Do That" with Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Chita Rivera all roled up into one.

It was 1987 and I sat down and I could tell as soon as it started "...a five six seven eight!" that something was not quite right. The actors seemed to be going through the motions. In looking back at it I should have stayed but

re: Applause cast recording?
 Dec 29 2006, 07:49:49 PM
Buy, rent or steal it! But get it.

Just kidding about stealing it.

It's one of my favorite cast albums. The overture, But Alive, Who's That Girl?, Welcome To The Theatre and One Halloween are my favorite tracks. "Who's That Girl" turns me into a dancing fool! (and I know Calvin will get the "dancing fool" reference.)

re: Jerry's Girls
 Dec 29 2006, 07:33:41 PM
I saw it and Dorothy Loudon was very funny. I can't remember the details but it had to do with a female preacher character like Aimee Semple McPhearson. I think. This was 20+ years ago.

Ok. One more and then I promise to stop.

Dec 29 2006, 07:20:28 PM
Found another one. Sorry about the size but I think if I reduce it, it might be difficult to read.

re: Best Album of Sondheim's Show
 Dec 29 2006, 06:40:35 PM
Follies: OBC
-As much as I enjoy hearing "I'm Still Here" by anyone willing to try it, Yvonne DeCarlo is the definitive Carlotta.
-Barbara Cook is wonderful as Sally but I still prefer Dorothy Collins' "Losing My Mind."
-and Ethel Shutta almost swings "Broadway Baby" and to me that's a good thing!

Gypsy: OBC with the 1989 Revival a distant second.
-Ethel Merman just owns Mama Rose. If you prefer a more dramatic actor driven performance than I would go with Tyne Da

Dec 29 2006, 05:40:14 PM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You