News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for roseinthewinter2

roseinthewinter2 Profile Photo
Member Name: roseinthewinter2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Feb 20 2007, 10:40:36 PM
MICHAEL CERVERIS.

A gentleman and a sweetheart.

'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
 Feb 20 2007, 10:39:56 PM
1. "Well then I'm sorry..." is a pretty flippant "apology."

2. You and your friends have inside jokes about slitting your wrists? 'Cause that's not morbid or disturbing in any way.

3. So you know, it wasn't only what you said. It was that you continued to defend it (your remarks, cutting). You were getting up on a soapbox just as much as the people who argued against you, whom you criticize.

Feb 20 2007, 08:32:58 PM
hahahahaha... what??
 Feb 19 2007, 05:15:55 PM
as if this whole argument is about grammar. (and YOU complain about this post being off-topic.)
 Feb 19 2007, 12:08:05 PM
THAT'S standup comedy material? eesh.
re: 'Best Musical' 2007 TONY Contenders
 Feb 18 2007, 02:18:37 AM
Mary Poppins?? WTF?

I think for sure: Spring Awakening, Grey Gardens, Legally Blonde. Who knows about the last spot.

Lizzy... really, no one appreciates the way you post. Really, it's childish. And, just fyi, when you whine and stomp your feet and protest that you really are mature... it just gives us ammunition. Save it. It's better for both you and us.

re: The Next 'You're the One that I Want'?
 Jan 7 2007, 03:27:46 PM
i think rent is next... it's dying.
re: The Next 'You're the One that I Want'?
 Jan 7 2007, 03:27:45 PM
i think rent is next... it's dying.
re: dumbest song lyrics
 Jan 7 2007, 01:44:39 AM
YES, 'my junk' is great onstage.
 Jan 6 2007, 08:07:17 PM
the blah blah also makes me laugh. it's dumb, but i love it, because it IS how the kids hear the adults. they do repeat it just a few too many times though. (i love spring awakening wholeheartedly as well.)

but my junk... i actually really like that lyrical choice. it seems strange at first, but it's good at describing something sort of indescribable. i actually described a recent ex-boyfriend as "my junk" -- something you carry around with you (perhaps involuntarily), that is ridi

Jan 6 2007, 06:16:24 PM
hahahahha movieguy, that's a great one.
 Jan 6 2007, 06:15:34 PM
Fabrizio, chill out. No one's calling you dumb.

And I, also, love "God, I'm a dancer, a dancer dances." It's very, "This is who I am, and that's why this is what I need to be doing with my life."

If anyone's heard the Legally Blonde demo... I crack up every time to this line, because it's so dumb (but I love it in context of the show... sometimes dumb is okay!)

"Dear Elle, he's a lucky guy
I'm, like, gonna cry
I've got tears comin' out of my nose!"

T

re: spring awakening...too awkward to see with parents?
 Jan 6 2007, 06:12:18 PM
Of course parents have done all of those things. That's not the question. The question is if a child would FEEL AWKWARD watching those things WITH their parents.

Just because they've done the same things does not necessarily lessen the awkwardness of watching it with them.

re: New GREASE Revival Logo
 Jan 6 2007, 06:10:46 PM
hahahahaha you know what it looks like? those ghetto, uber-cheesy, microsoft-paint-rendered logos they put on broadway karaoke cd's, because they can't use the real logos...

it's bad.

re: spring awakening...too awkward to see with parents?
 Jan 5 2007, 12:34:04 PM
I saw it with a friend, and I'd feel awkward with my parents. The sex scene was not too intense for me, but I wouldn't want to sit next to them and watch it. Plus, the masturbation scene, etc...

It's a wonderful wonderful wonderful show, but still.

re: Titles for the next 'You're The One That I Want'
 Jan 5 2007, 10:16:36 AM
"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Broadway"
"Annie Get Your Mic"
"Cabaret: Broadway Belongs to Them"
"Hairspray: Good Morning, Broadway!"
"Miss Saigon: The Heat is On"

And the one I feel will actually probably be next:
"Rent: Livin' La Vie Boheme"

re: SPRING AWAKENING CD Signing Set for Jan. 10
 Jan 5 2007, 10:03:23 AM
And yes, 14 year olds know about the real world. Probably more than most adults do.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Are you for real?

Jan 4 2007, 06:59:50 PM
Maybe 16 or so... a little younger than me ( 18 ).

Jan 4 2007, 06:44:07 PM
I must admit, becoz, I'm impressed... I thought you were older.
 Jan 4 2007, 06:27:35 PM
A big part of seeing a show (since that occurence is so rare for me) is adoring and respecting the cast as well

Maybe this is just personal for me... but I believe people should judge shows based on simply the SHOW. An actor's performance can enhance the love or appreciation of a show. And, of course, people are free to adore actors (I idolize a few of my own), but I like to think of loving (and, if you wish, "respecting") the cast as SLIGHTLY separate from loving and appreci

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You