News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sharon Lover

Sharon Lover Profile Photo
Member Name: Sharon Lover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jenifer Lewis in 'Hairspray'
 Sep 2 2015, 07:01:59 PM

Jenifer was unable to do the broadway show because she landed a role on the Lifetime show Strong Medicine. I'm not sure what BJ's affiliation may be except as a possible Motormouth in a workshop.

Deloris in Sister Act?
 Aug 25 2010, 11:17:05 AM
I pray they get LaChanze!!!!
re: Jenifer Lewis in HAIRSPRAY
 Jul 28 2008, 05:16:02 PM
Zamedy, Jenifer said that she was shceduled to do the show until August 20-something, I forget the date. I asked her how it felt to do a role that was in a way tailor made for her (The musical at least) and she said that she never would have guessed that it would feel so good. She's a very conscious performer and was quiet because she wanted to save her voice. It was wierd seeing a subdued Jenifer but she was great and sweet none the less.
re: Going to the stage door, and not seeing the show.
 Jul 28 2008, 11:25:11 AM
When I read that story I immediately thought of Patti.

re: Has this ever happened to you inside any theater?
 Jul 28 2008, 10:50:55 AM
It happened to me once during a tour of JCS in Baltimore. The alarm went off and we started ot leave but the ushers were saying that they didn't think anything was wrong so we went back. We hardley made it to the door of the balcony. The show didn't miss a beat which I thought was odd because it could have been a serious emergency.
re: Going to the stage door, and not seeing the show.
 Jul 28 2008, 10:47:31 AM
I did it once at "Chicago" I've seen the show before but not that night. I really wanted to meet Roz Ryan and Brenda Braxton and I was honest with them and they didn't mind. I didn't push little girls aside as I've seen people do so I didn't feel bad. In fact Roz was the last to come out, they took the baracades away, and there was only one other fan there who wanted to meet her besides me and my two friends.

I wouldn't do it too often though, that's a bit sketch. You should support th

re: Jenifer Lewis in HAIRSPRAY
 Jul 28 2008, 10:39:49 AM
I saw Jenifer in late June and she blew my socks off and they down the aisle! She exuded so much power and I could tell that she really meant what she was singing...or atleast acted as if she did. What everyone has said is true, she is AMAZING, she is a deep alto, and she does sing a few bars behind the music. But that's typical in African American culture, and in Black churches. It sounded like she was in church because it is a gospel song. It even mentions God in the lyrics " Lord knows I know
re: Like A Blade Of Corn: THE COLOR PURPLE Appreciation
 Jan 6 2007, 01:47:39 PM
Seeing the Color Purple ranks as one of the top three theatrical experiences of my life. I was lucky enough to sit on the front row and meet the cast after the show and have a little backstage tour. Oh what a wonderful day that was. I can't take the movie so I was excited when I found out they were turning it into a musical. It didn't dissapoint at all.

I said, Fine by Me!

Patti Labelle as Rafiki in the Lion King
 Jan 5 2007, 07:54:11 PM
Ok so am I crazy or would Patti Labelle make a good Rafiki. Now I'm only going by voice, I don't know how well she'd play the part but I'd pay to see it... or better yet hear it. Now please don't make this into a discussion about how her voice isn't the same as it was thirty years ago. She's outlast many of the same performers that we hold up to the heavens and can outsing them as well. But I shouldn't get into that either. Just a thought that popped into my mind.
re: Holiday VS Hudson
 Jan 4 2007, 04:47:17 PM
what is that supposed to mean? Please elaborate!!
re: Has anyone seen Jeanette I Bayardelle in Color Purple?
 Jan 4 2007, 08:51:26 AM
Well my my aren't we fancy. I kid, I kid. Didn't really want to start a new thread but does anyone know when Felicia will be leaving the role of Sophia?
re: Holiday VS Hudson
 Jan 4 2007, 08:14:06 AM
I'm going to say Holliday baecause I don't want her to read this post and do anything drastic. But I loved, loved, loved Hudson's Effie. Perfect? No. Great? yes! I am too young to have seen Holliday but I've heard that she wasn't a great actress. I don't know if its true or not but I'd rather see an Effie who can play the part instead of sing it as well as holliday has. She was revolutionary and no one can achieve what she did but Hudson sure did come close in my opinion.
re: Chicago National Tour
 Jan 4 2007, 08:04:21 AM
She wasn't a trainwreck. I mean lets be honest its not too much to the role but stating a few dates and prices during WYGTM and announcing people. She was funny and her character was kind of a butch older grandmother type who still had her hand in the cookie jar. I dunno if that's how they all play it but hey I think she did great for what she had. She sounded great during her songs and I wish that she had more. And her line mess ups were more of stumbling over words and not forgetting them, I w
 Jan 3 2007, 06:18:40 PM
I wouldn't say gaga but simply showing an icon how much I appreciated her... and yes I was one of the guys. He don't scare me none! I kinda wasn't pressed to see McDonald but I can believe that he said what he said and if it were me then McDonald would have gotten tips on how not to crack...I'm so sorry ya'll I just get upset over performers who are blatantly rude. I mean he lived across the street from the theater and is gonna say "Make it quick"? Hell to the no. Look at me showing my color. Le
 Jan 3 2007, 12:11:32 PM
Hi everybody sorry I'm late the babysitter was late and my little girl magic started tearing the stereo apart. Wow Broadwayworld.com, I finally made it, never in a million years would I have guessed. Well I'm THE friend that Hollidayforever so GRACIOUSLY mentioned who loves Melba's Moore. I was quite content with her stagedoor behavior, hell she was tired and the woman in in her sixties. I know my grandmother wouldn't have wanted to stand in the cold and be stalked by some 6'1" ___ pound fan due
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You