News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway Bill

Broadway Bill Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway Bill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aufwiedershen! А bientôt! Good night!
 Oct 8 2003, 12:56:11 PM
Just a little note to say adios! As of Oct. 10, I will no longer be program director of the On Broadway channel at XM Satellite Radio. I've signed a three-year contract to be the host of the nightly syndicated "Taboo Talk" radio program, coming soon to a city near you. To keep things simple, I'll be re-adopting my old air name of Bill Matthews. Best of luck to one and all, and thanks to Rob for giving me the space for the column ... which I understand four of you have actually read.

T

re: re: Yes
 Aug 16 2003, 07:25:03 PM
What a crappy thing to say, Al Dente. A problem, perhaps, that you're not sharing with the rest of the class?
re: judy speaks
 Aug 13 2003, 12:57:15 PM
Everyone chill out! Sheesh!

Celebrity is as celebrity does. JG was a talented, tormented, flawed, REAL human being. Horrified by the tapes? Maybe. But I bet she'd be delighted to have such a talented songstress as Mary Birdsong portraying her.

Good God, with the legions of half-assed campy, scary, Judy Garland impersonators (with a chromosome that Judy NEVER had) plying their trade, let's be happy that she's being portrayed by a person -- a woman this time -- who loves and re

re: Sail Away — with Tony winner Stritch — Hits Stores July 22 - playbill.com
 Jul 10 2003, 11:13:32 AM
Interesting! I was just trying to find a copy of this for my "Broadway Time Capsule" sewgment on the show today. Guess I'll get this and play it later!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Deaths
 Jul 7 2003, 01:45:27 PM
Barry White. Gregory Peck.
re: re: re: re: re: Deaths
 Jul 7 2003, 01:30:49 PM
Thank you! I'm here all week. Tip the waitresses. Try the veal! And read my column, as it touches on this very subject.
re: re: re: Deaths
 Jul 7 2003, 01:10:43 PM
Only when they all stop breathing at approximately the same time.
re: re: re: re: re: re: To Craig / From: Duane Reade / Subject: Official vs. Not Official
 Jun 30 2003, 04:39:10 PM
Not fer nuthin', but I'm "set" to play the role of Max Bialystock. I keep showing up at the St. James, but they keep telling me to either buy a ticket or go home.
If anyone cares...
 Jun 23 2003, 01:43:17 PM
I had a wonderful time! If you ever go to Niagra Falls, make sure you see it from the Canadian side.
re: re: re: Frog and Toad Closing :(
 Jun 4 2003, 11:51:40 AM
How many of the folks calling it "A Kiddie Show" actually saw it? And, by virtue of the same analysis, isn't "The Lion King" a kiddie show? Beauty and the Beast? It was a delightful, small show that the kids and grownups who were there the night I was LOVED! And it will do VERY well on tour.
A Reminder about June 8
 May 28 2003, 01:41:17 PM
THE FIRST EVER LIVE, NATIONWIDE, TONY AWARDS PARTY!!! ON XM-28!!!

Sunday, June 8 -- 7pm ET

Join Yers Troolie and dozens of my closest friends as we soak in the hot tub at my "palatial Park Avenue Estate". Watch the Tony Awards on TV if you must, but turn down the sound and listen as the Jovial Impresario and his friends talk about who won, who lost, who had no business even BEING there, and what everyone was wearing. XM Satellite Radio's Bill Kates and Andy Propst from

Composers, past and future
 May 27 2003, 10:50:49 AM
Past and Present -- Sondheim.
Future -- Larry O'Keefe

Moi? Unkind?
 May 22 2003, 11:39:40 AM
And these are my final words on the subject -- save for the column I've just submitted.

It is NEVER wise for a performer to forget where he/she comes from. He/She may have to move back there someday.

And with that...

Smooth and supple, they are!
 May 22 2003, 10:43:15 AM
My elbows are exquisite, thank you.
I'm not responsible for your coffee, but...
 May 22 2003, 07:34:39 AM
Yes, I do have a twin brother in "Wet Elbow, Wisconsin" or something like that. And on a side note to the lovely HKK, would you do me a favor and check to see that Eldon disconnected from the Internet after his last post? These AOL charges will BANKRUPT me!
The Impresario CANNOT Be A "Swing"
 May 21 2003, 01:48:44 PM
'Nuff Said!
THAT explains it!
 May 21 2003, 01:03:50 PM
That's probably what they's skeered of!
A CRUSADE?
 May 21 2003, 11:19:40 AM
Don't know WHO her record label is these days. Maybe I'll ask her when she's here...

Oh wait...

Swing?
 May 21 2003, 10:51:53 AM
I am not a "swing." I am an IMPRESARIO! Fix this please, Robert!
I'm Sad About Sarah!
 May 21 2003, 10:51:09 AM
Got word this morning that Sarah Brightman will be doing an interview on one of our channels in June. But her PR person tells me she will not do an interview on the Broadway channel. I will write more about this in next week's column. Stay tuned!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You