News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Amber2

Amber2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Amber2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: In The Heights Understudies
 May 25 2009, 06:24:13 PM
^ I don't know! In the two times I've seen the show, he's been out and Tony Chiroldes has been on as Piragua Guy. I heard he got hurt a little while ago (don't quote me on that), but should have been back by now. Even when I randomly met Eliseo last month, he said he would be back in the show soon...but that was a month ago. I do hope he's okay!!
re: Stagedoor after matinees?
 May 25 2009, 12:37:59 AM
After a Saturday matinee of In The Heights, most of the actors came out the stage door and were very kind about signing and talking with fans. The only actors who didn't come out were Javier Munoz (Usnavi), Chris Jackson (Benny), and Marcy Harriell (Vanessa). However, on the day I went there was rehearsal for something that the cast was involved with, so maybe my experience was different than other days. I believe I heard the man who works the stage door say that Javier usually doesn't come o
re: Does In The Heights have any set change... if so how many
 May 21 2009, 11:29:04 PM
The main body of the set remains stationary throughout the entire show. Props and tables represent the different characters' houses and are brought on at appropriate times: for example, for scenes set in Daniela's salon, some salon chairs are brought out on stage from the set. For the dinner scene, set in Camila, Kevin, and Nina's house, a table, some chairs, and a record player are brought out. For the parts set in Abuela's house (part of Fireworks and Hundreds of Stories), a table and chair
re: Brenda Braxton returns to CHICAGO... :)
 Aug 8 2008, 11:57:39 PM
I've had the pleasure of seeing her in the role of Velma a few times, and she's wonderful, but really? They couldn't find SOMEONE else to bring something NEW to Velma, or at least have a new face for an audience to see?
re: Megan Mullally
 Jul 17 2008, 10:40:34 PM
BroadwayBox has a good discount code for YF tickets on their site; at least I hope it's still valid. $120 orchestra seats reduced to $80, and other seat sections are even less. I saw the show and didn't think it was worth full-price, but at the price given through BroadwayBox's discount, I think it's worth seeing before Megan Mullally leaves.
re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jul 16 2008, 11:47:46 PM
Will & Grace (I know it's already been done...)

Grace Adler- Laura Benanti
Will Truman- Raul Esparza
Jack McFarland- John Tartaglia
Karen Walker- Megan Mullally
Rosario- The woman who is currently playing Bloody Mary in South Pacific
Bobbi Adler- Christine Ebersole

re: Is Megan Mullally still in Young Frankenstein?
 Jul 12 2008, 03:06:29 PM
There has been no final performance announced for Roger; Megan's last performance is August 3 @ 3 PM.

Andrea Martin (Frau Blucher) was replaced by Beth Leavel, who was recently in The Drowsy Chaperone.

Sutton Foster (Inga) was replaced by Kelly Sullivan...who I haven't heard of or anything about her.

Megan Mullally (Elizabeth) will be replaced by Michele Ragusa, who played Evelyn Nesbit in Ragtime (on Broadway) and Amalia in She Loves Me at Paper Mill Playhouse.

re: Broadway Barks
 Jul 8 2008, 08:00:26 PM
Copy from the official BROADWAY BARKS website (www.broadwaybarks.com):
"BROADWAY BARKS ANNOUNCES CELEBRITY PARTICIPANTS FOR 10th ANNIVERSARY ADOPT-A-THON
SHUBERT ALLEY
Saturday, July 12
3:30 P.M. - 6:30 P.M.
Christine Baranski, Victoria Clark, Glenn Close, Harvey Fierstein, Boyd Gaines, Shuler Hensley, Cheyenne Jackson, Andy Karl, Lacey Kohl, Nathan Lane, Mario Lopez, Priscilla Lopez, Matthew Morrison, Judy McLane, Orfeh, Faith Prince, among others
With a book signing by

re: Autographs--What Do You Do With Them After You Get Them?
 Jul 1 2008, 11:06:32 PM
I'm crazy about my Playbills, so I'd never ever cut the autographs out (cute idea, though!)

What I usually do is take my autographed Playbill and arrange it along with my ticket to the show and any other things I can think of (understudy inserts, etc,) and arrange it on construction paper and put it in a frame. After I frame it, I hang it above my piano. It makes for a nice presentation, and I've got my own little Broadway Corner going on.

re: Young Frankenstein lottery tonight (join me?)
 Jul 1 2008, 10:49:56 PM
I'd rather see the show without Sutton than Megan. Megan will be leaving the show August 3rd to go back to L.A. to shoot her new TV series (which hopefully will be picked up), and so it's unclear as to when Broadway will see her again. Sutton is already on board with the new "Shrek" musical, and although she's amazing as Inga, when are you going to see Megan again? Despite having a small-ish role, she makes it amazingly memorable, and she's HYSTERICAL.

Go for Megan.

re: Planning a Bway trip? DON'T do these things!
 Jul 1 2008, 01:19:56 AM
That must be amazing, to see a skyscraper for the first time. I'm not from NY, but my city has a bajillion skyscrapers anyway, I've never NOT seen one.

I'll definitely rethink being immediately annoyed with people who stare at the sky from now on.

re: Planning a Bway trip? DON'T do these things!
 Jul 1 2008, 12:56:26 AM
If going to New York, kindly don't decide to walk quickly, suddenly stop and demand that your whole family pose for a picture in the middle of a crowded street. Also, you don't need to spend fifteen minutes staring up at the skyscrapers. Thank you. The sky is not that interesting.
re: What is your :))) happiest (((: Broadway memory...?
 Jun 30 2008, 09:01:48 PM
The first amazing memory was last year. I sent a letter to Chita Rivera after seeing her "A Dancer's Life" when it came to the Merriam in downtown Philly. I sent it to the theatre in Cleveland where the tour was stopping, and on a rainy day, I got a letter back in the mail, handwritten and handaddressed, just to me! It was the best piece of mail I have ever gotten, EVER.

The next happiest was going to see Young Frankenstein with my dad about three weeks ago. It was his first Broadwa

re: Young Frankenstein Fan Mail
 Jun 29 2008, 09:48:26 PM
I'm pretty certain Megan Mullally (Elizabeth) always writes/sends something back if you write to her, according to a fan forum of hers of which I am a member. It's usually not a really long letter- like a short note of thanks or something, and a signed playbill, usually. If you send something specific for her to sign, just make sure you send a SASE with it so it's easy to send back.

Not sure about the other leads, but write to them anyway. It should get to them, and even if they don'

re: What Show Will Announce Its Closing?
 Jun 16 2008, 03:29:22 PM
I'm thinking "Passing Strange" will close first. I plan on finding out more about the show because I don't know anything about it, but last night's Tony performance did not do it any favors...
re: Scrubs Musical On
 May 25 2007, 04:32:24 PM
"I'm Dominican" is very much like "Spanish Rose" from Bye Bye Birdie. "Everything Comes Down To Poo" reminds me a lot of Avenue Q but that's probably because it's by the same writers. Dr. Cox's rant song reminds me of Gilbert & Sullivan patter songs, so maybe that's the inspiration behind it.

I LOVE the Scrubs Musical. It's my favorite episode of any TV show ever.

re: bring back 'the rink'
 Mar 29 2007, 01:32:55 PM
Thanks, now that's stuck in my head now!

(Not smart. I'm at school.)

re: I Love Chita!!
 Mar 29 2007, 01:32:02 PM
I saw the show in Philadelphia January 14th, 2007. The house was pretty full, but I did notice people moving up because some seats in the front rows never got filled. (That wasn't good. There was a very overenthusiastic man who couldn't HELP but scream how much he LOVED Chita every time she said ANYTHING. It was cute at first, but annoying as hell by the end of the second act. I did wish I had duct tape then.)

This show was one of the most enjoyable things I have seen onstage. I o

re: bring back 'the rink'
 Mar 29 2007, 01:27:13 PM
Love "The Rink". I've never seen it, but I'm in love with the cast recording. I thought it was really "fun" music, very 80s, when I first heard it, but when you find out about the story and what's happening and you can piece it all together, it really does make for a moving story and moving music.

(Is anyone else loving the song "Mrs. A" right now? It's my new favorite song from the recording.)

As for Bebe as Anna and Idina as Angel? Keep Bebe Neuwirth, but please...Not Idi

re: Philadelphia Is Lucky!
 Mar 2 2007, 04:33:29 PM
WOW.

Great season! I hope I have the money for tickets...

Y'know, sometimes I think Philadelphia doesn't suck all that much. This is one of those times. (I live there.)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You