News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kgallo

kgallo Profile Photo
Member Name: kgallo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's Your Favorite Spring Awakening Song?  Apr 7 2007, 02:13:38 PM
From the beginning my favorite was Touch Me. Now after many months of constantly lsitening to the CD I have to add The Guilty Ones, All That's Known & Those You've Known, with an honarable mention going to Mama Who Bore Me (Reprise)
re: Seating question for Legally Blonde?  Apr 5 2007, 01:10:59 AM
I had seats in Row E of the balcony tonight and I enjoyed the show very much. Although, the person in front of me was leaning way forward the enitre time, and with how steep the seats are, everytime she leaned forward her head pretty much covered my view of the stage. I would suggest just sitting straight and you'll see just fine.
re: Spring Awakening love  Apr 3 2007, 11:11:35 PM
ILoveMyDictionary-I can't say how rush will be since a lot of schools are on spring break this week, but I've never had a problem getting a ticket at TKTS. Good luck and I hope you have a good time!
re: Spring Awakening love  Mar 26 2007, 11:34:37 PM
"A friend of mine saw Frances go on for the adult roles last week and said she was really bad.

I saw her two nights in a row last week, and thought she was OK...not great, not bad. But I know some others who don't like her performance."

I enjoyed Frances' performance very much (Wed. 3/21)...actually, I think I prefer her in the role. Her take on Wendla's mother was my favorite, especially in Act II.

re: JOURNEY'S END is a must-see  Mar 22 2007, 02:41:07 AM
I can't even express how thrilled I am that I saw this today! I sat front row center and at first I was a little worried that I would be too close, but that wasn't the case at all. While Hugh Dancy was phenomenal, I have to say that I also really admired Stark Sands. The entire performace was breathtaking. If anyone is considering seeing this, don't think about it anymore, just run to the theater. I really hope I get to see it again before it closes.
re: Journey's End Rush Policy?  Mar 20 2007, 10:23:03 PM
Thanks!
re: Journey's End Rush Policy?  Mar 20 2007, 10:10:59 PM
Does anyone know how rush has been for this lately?
re: Journeys End MAY close early--SAVE THIS SHOW  Mar 20 2007, 10:07:15 PM
I was thinking about trying to see this tomorrow. I guess I will definitley plan on it now.
re: Spring Awakening and the Cast who seems to have illness issues!  Mar 5 2007, 05:53:38 PM
I'm not in the industry. I was in two musicals in high school and danced locally for several years when I was younger but that is as far as it goes. From an "outsider's" perspective, or simply as a member of the audience, I would rather see an understudy than a sickly performer who is doing a less-than-standard job.

Not too mention that, as many others have already said, being sick can basically suck the life out of you. I think it is unfair to expect the performers to go on when the

re: do the lockers lock for SA onstage seats?  Mar 4 2007, 11:55:42 PM
"Could someone please post a pic of onstage seats? I've never sat onstage and I have trouble visualizing it!"

I thought you were being sarcastic...I guess I was the only one...oops!

re: Spring Awakening Rush Lately?  Feb 28 2007, 01:09:41 PM
Yes...it's been at TKTS.
re: SPRING AWAKENING - 2/19/07 - Review (with Spoilers)  Feb 28 2007, 12:32:50 AM
2372-I'm really sorry that you were disappointed with the show...I know how much you were looking forward to seeing!

I have to say, I love your comparison of Jon Wright to Ryan Phillippe in "Cruel Intentions." I also think that he does a remarkable job as Hanschen and now that you mention it, I absolutley see the parallel.

re: Producers Rush  Feb 27 2007, 07:08:40 AM
I was there on Wed. Dec. 27 when all of the box-offices were extremely cowded. After NOT winning the Rent lotto I started going form theater to theater to see wht was available, starting around noon. The Producers was pretty much the only show that had rush tickets left. I am hoping it stays that way because we opted to see something else instead and I plan to go in about a month now to see it before it closes. Please let me know how it works out for you...thanks!
re: When is Sutton leaving Drowsy?  Feb 27 2007, 07:05:23 AM
Thanks! I heard the YF rehearsals are starting in June and I figured she would probably take a little time in between the two shows....I'll chance it and see what happens.
re: A Cheap Trip  Feb 27 2007, 01:05:44 AM
I don't know about hotels and airfare because I live close enough to go for the day, but as far as tickets go I would go with TKTS. I personally would not want to do standing room (I don't care how cheap the tickets are) and lottos/rush can be risky. Everytime I've been at TKTS for the past 2 months I've had no trouble getting the show I wanted. That's another factor though...which shows are you hoping to see?
re: When is Sutton leaving Drowsy?  Feb 27 2007, 01:01:35 AM
Thanks! I would want to see it with or without her as I just want to see the show, but I'm not sure about my friend. I guess we'll just take our chances.
re: When is Sutton leaving Drowsy?  Feb 27 2007, 12:47:41 AM
I've been looking for an answer to this and can't seem to find it. I plan on going on 3/21 and the person I am going with really wants to see her in it. Also, if she is still there does anyone know if she is doing Wed. matinees? I read in another thread that she wasn't due to a sore arm but that was about a month or so ago. Thanks!
Hilarious Comments...  Feb 25 2007, 01:35:06 AM
courtnyj-

thanks for the visual...gave me a good laugh and brought back some memories. I vaguely remember seeing them in concert, although I can't seem to remember who they opened for.

re: SPRING AWAKENING on THE VIEW....right now!!!!  Feb 24 2007, 02:33:42 AM
I competely get what you're saying but I thought she could have at least given him a little shout out. Like..."by the way...this guy behind me with the silly grin...he wrote the show. Now...check out the amazing cast, they are all so talented......"

Why do you say creepy writer though? Am I missing something? I talked to him at the CD signing while the cast was on stage singing and he seemed pretty down to earth and not creepy at all.

re: SPRING AWAKENING on THE VIEW....right now!!!!  Feb 24 2007, 01:31:29 AM
"Anyone else notice S.S.?"

I was surprised that Rosie didn't give him even a brief mention. He looked extremely happy.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You