News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicPos2

MusicPos2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicPos2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: warming up
 Jul 29 2004, 09:54:46 PM
You should not be feeling vocally tired from warm-ups, if they're that intense, they might be doing you harm. Talk to your teacher, if he/she doesn't think it's a problem, get another opinion.
re: Mamet Profanity Appropriate for Auditions?
 Jul 29 2004, 09:48:04 PM
Call the school. Different schools will probably feel differently, but I think most would be fine with it.
re: warming up
 Jul 29 2004, 09:45:41 PM
Different teachers have different methods, but they pretty much all agree on the purpose, just different rodes to the same place. I did meet one person that sang worse from warm-ups (much tighter than when he just went into rep). I've never met someone like that before, and I'm not sure what his voice teacher did, but since NYU is really big on health, I'm not to concerned about him. I think what Idina does is excessive, but it seems to work for her...I've had some teachers that take like 1/2
re: Tony Best Actress in a Musical
 Jul 29 2004, 06:02:04 PM
I haven't finished the book, but I can see that it's a lot more political than the musical, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of messages in the musical. Plus, there are some different ones in the musical. I think the musical's Glinda is a much better person than the one in the book, so far (not in terms of writing).
re: Upcoming trip to NYC
 Jul 29 2004, 05:57:47 PM
Cool, if you wait in the cancellation line, a lot times tickets will open up right when the performance is about to start. Since most shows don't perform on Monday, just keep waiting. You should get in.
re: New Tony Catagory
 Jul 29 2004, 05:56:20 PM
I'm sure it's too small a role for him, but I really want Peter Lockyer to play Fiyero.
re: Upcoming trip to NYC
 Jul 29 2004, 05:53:11 PM
Try to add Avenue Q to that list before any of the originals leave, you won't regret it.
 Jul 29 2004, 05:52:02 PM
She screams a little bit at the end of "Defying Gravity" and a tiny bit on "No Good Deed" on the CD. On 7/3, she did a lot of screaming (much like at the TONYS), and the first time I saw her, a little bit. So, while I don't think this is typical b/c according to Idina in some interviews, two times I've seen it are the times when she's the worst (when she's been out or the theatre has been dark on Monday), I'm sure that other people have had this experience. I bet that's where they're coming f
 Jul 29 2004, 05:47:08 PM
Tousche (sp?) But, think about it from my standpoint, I'm sitting here having worked my butt off to be where I am in society, and people actually believe that I must be stupid to like Wicked as much as I do. Maybe it's b/c I'm young, but it's more than annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only person that feels that way. I know that a lot of my classmates (many that did better than I) feel how I do about this show.
re: wicked site updated
 Jul 29 2004, 05:46:19 PM
Why would she want that?
 Jul 29 2004, 05:44:15 PM
B/c people actually believe it, and it pisses me off.
 Jul 29 2004, 05:41:35 PM
Well, if people would stop posting that only stupid people would like Wicked...
re: name for wicked fans
 Jul 29 2004, 05:40:33 PM
Depends on what you mean by crazed. I've seen it three times (only once was while I was in NYC). For the third time, I made a trip just to see it, and I have tickets to see it a fourth time on 8/15 (going up to see Seth Bisen-Hersh's show in the FRINGE), and then going to see Idina's last performance. Does that make me crazed? I don't know. I only went to the stage door once, and I think doing that makes no sense. I won't dress up like Glinda or Elphaba (probably wouldn't even if I were a
 Jul 29 2004, 05:36:25 PM
I just have to say that I really resent people saying that people, who like Wicked are stupid, I have a degree (cum laude) from one of the best Universities in the country, and I think that it is brilliant. There is so much hidden meaning in there, and I really don't see how anyone can not see that (I'm not saying not liking it b/c that's opinion). Also, on some nights Idina does scream, but going from reviews of the show, I'm one of the lucky few that has seen her on nights that she ha
re: name for wicked fans
 Jul 29 2004, 05:26:44 PM
There are some of us that think Wicked is the best musical we've seen, but that doesn't mean that we don't like any others nor does it mean that it's the best ever...
re: wicked site updated
 Jul 29 2004, 12:48:00 PM
They put Randy Harrison in as Boq, not just filling in too. Actually, Laura Bell Bundy didn't have a bio in the regular playbills. I always found that odd, especially when Eden did.
re: TKTS on-line?
 Jul 29 2004, 12:44:02 PM
How'd you get tickets for Avenue Q at TKTS? That must have been really early in the run b/c it was hard to get tickets almost right away (for day of), now it's almost impossible without doing cancellations.
re: why do peoples jaws move when they sing?
 Jul 29 2004, 12:38:54 PM
You can get ideas on here, but if this is your only source, that's not a good idea. You should know enough to be able to question your teacher b/c that's what an informed student does, but this site should never be a substitute for lessons.
re: Disney on Broadway. . . What's next?
 Jul 29 2004, 12:35:36 PM
How does that make you a loser, it's really great music!
re: Thoughts about my Trip to New York
 Jul 29 2004, 12:33:57 PM
Have either of you two seen Wicked or Avenue Q. I'll bet you'll change your mind about Caroline being THE best.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You