News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jennyish

jennyish Profile Photo
Member Name: jennyish
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hey now
Look who left her hope intact

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ANGELS IN AMERICA at Signature  May 2 2010, 11:39:07 AM
Ugh, Zoe Kazan? Seriously? Christian Borle? Few things could keep me from seeing this play, but this cast might be one of them?
Kaufman & Hart's YOU CAN'T TAKE IT... on Broadway, fall 2010  Feb 1 2010, 03:45:07 PM
YES. I AM SO ON BOARD WITH THIS.
Should Lupone move on from 'Gypsy?'  Jan 29 2010, 10:11:05 AM
Contrary to the OP, I would die of joy if this happened.
Norbert Leo Butz to Star in ENRON on Broadway  Jan 8 2010, 02:32:32 PM
YEAH!

I will be devastated if it doesn't play past July 23, my first opportunity to see it.

re: Top Theatre stories of 2009  Dec 27 2009, 12:26:39 AM
Patti's show-stopping rant was actually the second-to-last performance. I know because I was already in the rush line when people raced out of the theater and told me.
re: Lea Michele & Matthew Morrison are now Golden Globe nominees! (GLEE)  Dec 15 2009, 12:14:30 PM
Maybe it was the fact that I HEARD the scene was great before I saw it, but I thought his acting was atrocious. As in, I was laughing out loud at how badly he was indicating.
re: Isherwood reviews new CARNAGE cast....  Dec 11 2009, 10:35:06 AM
That play was only 90 minutes?!?!?!

(And I saw the originals as well . . . )

re: Royal Court's Seagull to become a film  Sep 6 2009, 11:57:36 AM
YES!

This production was so good.

!!!!!!!  Aug 21 2009, 12:29:25 PM
Boyd Gaines as Frederik is a phenomenal idea. I would be more excited to see him than CZJ any day.
re: Stiles And Pullman To Spar In Mamet's OLEANNA On Broadway, Previews Beg  Jun 30 2009, 11:14:45 PM
YES!

I love this play.

re: What the IN THE HEIGHTS documentary has done to the non-theatre-incline  May 31 2009, 10:36:37 PM
That's awesome!
re: Phylicia Rashad to take over as Violet Weston  May 19 2009, 08:01:01 PM
I saw her back in January--a great performance, but honestly a little bit of a letdown after seeing (and expecting to see again) Estelle Parsons.
re: ANGELA LANSBURY - Is She a Lock to Win Best Featured Actress in a Play?  May 5 2009, 04:32:22 PM
Meh. I love Angela, but it should've been Carey Mulligan.
re: The Biggest Snub Thread  May 5 2009, 02:56:52 PM
Without question, THE SEAGULL. Not only the best Chekhov to hit New York in years, but one of the best productions I've ever seen. That it wasn't nominated for a single award is, in my mind, solid and irrefutable proof that the Tonys mean nothing.
re: Question for all the directors out there in BroadwayWorldLand  Apr 30 2009, 03:38:31 PM
First of all, congratulations on directing your first play--you're near the end and that's exciting.

At this point (with a week and a half to go, yikes), I don't think it will be beneficial to let him screw up his lines during rehearsal for the sake of teaching a lesson--that's not fair to the other actors, and would probably end up hurting the play. I would, as others have suggested, sit him down and tell him, firmly but kindly, that waiting so long to get off-book is irresponsible an

re: Nunn-directed NIGHT MUSIC revival to open in December  Apr 28 2009, 12:54:52 PM
This is awesome, fantastic, bittersweet news.

I wonder if any of the benefit cast will transfer?

re: Cook to Star in iSondheim for Roundabout?  Apr 24 2009, 11:12:33 AM
iSondheim?

Do not like.

re: THE SEAGULL around Tony time  Apr 11 2009, 01:03:27 PM
Foster, I felt the same way about Carey Mulligan. And Nina is one of those roles that I'm incredibly picky about - and she absolutely blew me away.
re: THE SEAGULL around Tony time  Apr 10 2009, 02:00:04 PM
Carey Mulligan was amazing in the Seagull. Zoe Kazan was awful. It will be absolutely ridiculous if Kazan is nominated.

Also, I think it totally deserves Best Revival...though, to be fair, I have not seen every revival this year.

re: Plays with mainly female characters.  Mar 29 2009, 09:43:44 PM
Neither of those alternate titles has the same ring as "12 Angry Men." Shame.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You