News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mmajer

mmajer Profile Photo
Member Name: mmajer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Operettas in Wooster, Ohio- do any of you go? How are they?
 May 19 2007, 09:49:40 AM
I've never attended the operettas, but I know many people that have performed in them. These performers have all been top-notch, including Vocal Performance students from Oberlin Conservatory. I'd definately say to go.
re: Ten Million Miles - First Preview
 May 12 2007, 05:43:28 PM
Thank you for the review. When this was announced I was hesitant because I just didn't see Patty Griffin's music fitting into a linear story for each song is a complete story in itself. Also, her songs are packed full of emotion and I didn't know if the performers could convey the tone and feeling of the songs. Well, they just started previews so hopefully they will settle in...and tweak the book.
 May 12 2007, 04:58:52 PM
I.MUST.SEE.THIS.
 May 12 2007, 01:15:07 PM
Would you please post the song list? Patty Griffin is my favorite singer/songwriter. She is absolutely incredible. I hope the show does her music a justice.
re: How About a Revival of OLIVER!
 Apr 23 2007, 02:12:55 PM
I second Daphne Rubin-Vega as Nancy. Yes, her voice is different, but she would act the hell out of the role.
re: Shows you were in that you Hated
 Apr 22 2007, 02:10:49 AM
I did what is in my mind the worst production of the "Fantasticks" ever. This theatre is known for putting on bad productions but I knew the Luisa and they didn't have a Matt so I went in, sang a song, and they said "rehearsals start tommorow." She had played Luisa before so she knew the show, I knew nothing...and I still don't know anything about it! I'm told the wall is supposed to be an actual character in the play....our "directors" explination of the wall..."The mute will hold a stick up, t
re: Powerful,Meaningful,Moving Lyrics
 Apr 11 2007, 05:30:15 PM
Underwater?
It's like a song you hear on the radio at night.
Like sleepin with the light out.
It's like the wooden sound of your mama sad bassoon.

Noah,
Someday we'll talk again
but they's things we'll never say.
That sorrow deep inside you,
it's inside me too,
and it never go away.
You be OK.
You'll learn how to lose things...

My sorrow go where my heart grow calm.
When you stop breathing air you get
oh so calm,
no fire down

re: Matthew Morrison to star in 10 Million Miles starting May 11th
 Apr 2 2007, 01:10:59 PM
Patty Griffin is one of the most amazing singer/songwriters alive. Seriously, I could see them saying Rock...but no way in hell is she Pop! I wonder if they will include "Wiggly Fingers" in 10 Million Miles
re: Song & Dance in Cleveland
 Mar 28 2007, 12:48:37 PM
Thank you for the good luck wishes! The show, I've found that people either love it or hate it. It's so disjointed..some like that..some hate it. I do have to laugh, when the orchestra is rehearsing you hear the conductor say things such as "Let's take it from Jesus Christ Superstar" or "Let's take it from Evita" and when they start playing that section, it really does sound like that show. Then again, it is Andrew Loyd Webber so I am not that surprised.
re: Song & Dance in Cleveland
 Mar 27 2007, 11:50:14 PM
Bumpitty Bump Bump
Song & Dance in Cleveland
 Mar 27 2007, 08:55:27 PM
Call me a shill or whatever you would like...but I am currently working on a production of "Song & Dance" at Beck Center in Lakewood, OH and seriously, if any of you are from the Cleveland area you should come out and see it. I don't do this kind of thing for every show...I'm rather picky on what I tell people about. Yeah..the show itself is "meh" but the production is top-notch. Tracee Patterson, a phenominal Cleveland area actress, plays Emma and seriously, she is amazing. The dancers from Verb Ballet are also amazing (and not that hard on the eyes The show isn't put on very much, so if you want to see it and see a great production come see it at Beck. Yeah...I'm shillish....get over it

http://beckcenter.org/

re: The Most Haunting Score?
 Mar 11 2007, 11:18:18 PM
Secret.Garden. chills all over....mmmmm...Rebecca Luker can sing me the phone book and I'll die a happy man.
Gina Gershon in Cabaret
 Mar 9 2007, 09:47:12 PM
I just saw a production of "Cabaret" recently and I read that Gina Gershon played Sally Bowles at one point. How was she?
re: Avenue X??? (nothing to do w/ Avenue Q)
 Mar 8 2007, 04:40:02 PM
I saw a production in Cleveland..oh...I think about 5 years ago? It has some extremely good music. The cast I saw was phenominal. There are points that are somewhat soap operaish but overall it was very good.
re: Les Miserables in Utah
 Mar 7 2007, 07:54:38 PM
Yay Trista! I saw her in West Side Story and Avenue X. She has an amazing high soprano and phenominal belt! I know later that summer she is playing Carla in Nine here in Cleveland. She is a great performer.
re: Grease Contestants Previous Experience
 Feb 22 2007, 10:55:48 PM
Kate Rockwell's Resume http://www.bw.edu/academics/conservatory/showcase06/rockwell/
"You're the One That I Want" Kate Rockwell and Ashley Spencer article.
 Feb 10 2007, 10:54:45 PM
The Cleveland Plain Dealer did an article recently talking about these two and their Cleveland connections...it's a pretty good read.

http://www.cleveland.com/artsandevents/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/117101496736680.xml&coll=2

re: Juliana Ashley Hansen WILL be Sandy!
 Jan 22 2007, 10:02:13 AM
Is it just me or does something seem "manufactured" about Juliana Hansen? I don't mean to say this about her as a person, I bet she is an amazing human being, but something about her on this show..... Here is a girl with professional credit out the wazoo and she is the "hesitant" one, and she is not a dancer? I saw her in the tour of Millie and everyone in that show could dance and had a lot of dance training....I don't...something just seems odd to me about this. And I saw her bio on the site d
re: Kate Rockwell can wail!
 Jan 22 2007, 01:02:09 AM
I went to school with Kate, she is absolutely phenominal!
re: Christine Andreas out of Piazza tour for Cleveland
 Jan 20 2007, 12:05:02 AM
Well, I saw the show tonight. It was good...not great....but good. Jane Brockman had a nice voice, but her role fell flat. Perhaps she will grown with time, but for now it was just kind of...there. My friend saw the tour in Cincy and she was with me tonight. She was telling me "well, the audience appuladed at this point..." and we decided to catch the show again in Columbus. Elena and David were both great. The set is really beautiful, but it couldn't make up for the dragging show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You