News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dark_Angel

Dark_Angel Profile Photo
Member Name: Dark_Angel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jaystarr's Photo Diary 8/25 : Brett's B-day at Xanadu and our onstage e
 Aug 27 2007, 07:13:05 AM
Those pics were great jaystarr. Looks like you guys had so much fun! Thanks for sharing!
re: SINATRA the musical
 Aug 27 2007, 06:32:35 AM
How about NANCY Sinatra: The Musical. Now *that* I would go see!

All kidding aside, I think it would be great if someone put together a musical about 'Ole Blue Eyes', he led quite a life and had an amazing career. There is plenty of material there.

re: Hairspray Movie Marquee Screw Up
 Aug 6 2007, 11:46:30 AM
Marquee signage comes pre-made. Error was definitely made by the company handling New Line's Publicity. Kinda fvcked up Nikki Blonsky's name was also left out.
re: What You'll Miss the Most About City Center's GYPSY
 Aug 2 2007, 08:35:23 PM
In all seriousness to this thread and this incredible production the part that really got to me and really almost had me in tears was Herbie and Rose's breakup. Patti and Boyd complimented each other...that scene just about tore my heart out. Boyd was hands down the best Herbie I've ever seen.

Aug 2 2007, 08:27:14 PM
STUFFED CHOWSIE and STUFFED LITTLE LAMB...
 Aug 2 2007, 06:42:58 AM
The overbearing number of threads on BWW!

BE-GONE!!!

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Jul 31 2007, 03:59:26 PM
How. Incredibly. Sad.
Way too old.

re: Emmy Rossum Releases new single
 Jul 31 2007, 03:57:21 PM
Emmy Rossum sings?!!?!! Who knew?!!!
re: Rate the recent Broadway-to-Hollywood films!
 Jul 31 2007, 03:52:04 PM
Shouldn't we at least be thankful or respectful of the fact that Columbus clearly took a reverential approach to making the film, regardless of how lackluster it turned out?

Absolutely not. I would have preferred a fresh young new cast that would have given the film it's potential edge. All I saw were a bunch of thirtysomething year olds trying to recapture something that had already come and gone for them. The only two who succeeded in their respective roles were Tracie Thoms a

Well I am not alone anymore!
 Jul 28 2007, 06:48:01 AM
This goes to show you that TicketNews.com don't know sh!t:

The original production of Grease opened on Broadway June 2, 1972 at the Royale Theatre, transferred to the Majestic Theatre, and closed as the longest running show in Broadway history. Along the way, it picked up seven Tony Awards.

THE TRUTH:
Grease originally opened on February 14, 1972 at the Eden Theater Off-Broadway. It then transferred to the Broadhurst Theater on June 2, 1972. It the transferred to

re: Laurents to Direct Bway WEST SIDE STORY Revival
 Jul 27 2007, 09:14:46 AM
And I agreed that the dialogue could use a brush up but it's still one of the best books written for a Broadway show.
 Jul 27 2007, 08:13:54 AM
It's reflective of it's time. It takes place in the late 1950s. Some of the dialogue could use a brush up but the structure of that book as such is one of the best ever written for the stage.
 Jul 27 2007, 08:05:44 AM
A very talented writer and director his books for both GYPSY and WEST SIDE STORY are unparalleled. His screenplays not so much. THE WAY WE WERE and THE TURNING POINT are both high-brow soap operas. THE WAY WE WERE being the more cloying and manipulative of the two. Pure mush.

Oh and he's immensely full of himself:

At the age of 90, I'm wanted," Laurents says. "They want me to direct the Bible next."

Jul 27 2007, 07:56:53 AM
It's about time! Although it should have been done to commemorate the show's 50th anniversary. Better late than never I guess.

I believe that "white bread" revival Laurents is referring to is the '80 revival that earned Debbie Allen her Tony nomination for playing "Anita".

There wasn't a revival of WSS in the 1970s.

re: Original Grease Script
 Jul 26 2007, 12:19:29 PM
yes. the original grease wasn't the candy coated confection with the creamy center that it is today.
re: Dear Harvey Fierstein,
 Jul 21 2007, 05:09:43 PM
or maybe he was photographed on the way to the market. he's in his house dress.
re: Dear Harvey Fierstein,
 Jul 21 2007, 04:56:28 PM
By the looks of it. . .YES
re: HAIRSPRAY - - - A Bonafide Crowd Pleaser
 Jul 20 2007, 08:02:05 PM
Yeah, Shaiman did a fantastic job of embellishing his score with just the right '60s touches you can hear elements of the Spector sound, Motown, lounge and even good old fashioned broadway toe tappers...great orchestrations, clever and witty lyrics. A definite crowd pleaser.
 Jul 20 2007, 07:51:58 PM
You're way too high for me to even HEAR you hun. Save it.

anyway, back to some more HAIRSPRAY love...

Jul 20 2007, 07:50:47 PM
"I can not recommend this movie enough,go and see it NOW.Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!

^^ Now THAT'S praise!!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You