News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for deltatee

deltatee Profile Photo
Member Name: deltatee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HADESTOWN to open in London, Broadway in 2019  Apr 23 2018, 01:05:45 PM

This is fantastic! I cannot wait!

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Sep 14 2017, 11:12:17 AM

JennH said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Welcome-to-Arendelle-First-Look-at-Broadway-Bound-FROZEN-in-Denver-20170914

I mean, it looks fine, nothing awe inspiring, but that one of the company in white...when someone mentioned that the company is basically playing snow....like come on, that REEKS of children's theatre, and is justas ridiculous as thecompany playing stone gargoyles in Hunchback, but even for that I could understand the choice as it's trying to accentuate Quasi's mental state, I just think it could have been done better. But this looksjust as silly as I thought it would be. This deserves way more than the "children's theatre, let's-put-on-a-show" almost juvenile kind staging. I've never been a fan of that kind of staging and design, never will be. Could they seriously not think of a way use effects rather than the cast themselves representing snow? It's another show suffering from an identity crisis. Some moments seems to work and SHOW the story, but others are seemflat and rely on TELLING.

I thought opening was tomorrow since tomorrow's the gala...guess not?
"

The scene where the company is wearing white is actually the most stunning scene in show.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Aug 27 2017, 11:35:20 AM

Saw Frozen last night, and here are my two cents:

I thought it was in pretty decent shape but definitely in need of some work.

The show curtain was actually way cooler than I expected.  It was a projection of the Northern Lights that was surprisingly mesmerizing.

The first 10-15 minutes seemed pretty clunky,  Personally, I loved their use of the hidden folk and thought their costumes were really great.  It felt a lot more grown up than the rock creatures fr

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Aug 22 2017, 11:18:42 AM

coolboi952 said: "How is seating at this theater from pictures it looks pretty big. Have a chance to fly to Denver to see the show at the end of sept and am curious how the balcony is. Will i seem like miles away from the stage? Most of the orchestra is sold out except  some Partial Views. Just trying to get an idea of the space and where i should sit. 

You're right, the Buell is cavernous!  But the balcony doesn't seem to si

Disney's Frozen - Pre-Broadway Tryout Reactions  Aug 14 2017, 02:35:13 PM

8/26 here.  

Those protesting the palace rennovation  Jun 14 2017, 07:28:45 PM

I do construction law for a living, so this project is fascinating.  Thanks for sharing!

If you could go back in time and see only one Broadway show, what would it be?  Jun 14 2017, 05:27:15 PM

Grey Gardens.  I am still kicking myself for not seeing this.

Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET  Jun 14 2017, 12:46:11 PM

I love this news! 

Top 5 Musicals?  Jun 14 2017, 12:45:07 PM

In no particular order (and they do fluctuate some):

The Great Comet
Matilda
Wicked
Billy Elliott 
If/Then

THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2017, 10:43:06 AM

^ I too would have liked to see a performance from Anastasia.

Bitter Losers Tony Thread  Jun 12 2017, 10:34:04 AM

It was such a competitive year with so many great shows, that I would've been fine with any of the 4 nominees taking home Best Musical.  I was really pulling for Chavkin, Malloy, and Collela though.

Rank the Tony performances  Jun 12 2017, 10:03:33 AM

1. The Great Comet - They did a stellar job translating the production to Radio City.  I wish it would have received more recognition.

2. Come From Away

3. Miss Saigon - Eva was incredible. 

4. War Paint

5. Bandstand

6. Falsettos

7, Dear Evan Hansen - Maybe I am just bored with that song.

8. Groundhog Day - I love the show, but who chooses their performance numbers? Granted, this was better than Philandering on the Today Show,

Secret Garden Revival?  Jun 1 2017, 01:11:56 PM

So I saw the Denver version last week before it closed, and it was a really compelling production.  The director did a really great job with the production. I loved the darker themes, drab colors, and leafless trees.  The cast was also very talented, including Sean Palmer and Nancy Johnston (original bway cast).  

That said, I cannot see this having a successful commercial run. Though I love the music, I thought the material was flat and much too long.

Building The Wall with Tuni and Badge Dale  May 17 2017, 04:54:22 PM

I saw the Curious Theatre's production of it in Denver a couple months ago.  I have somewhat mixed-to-negative impressions about it. One the one hand, the main premise is extremely powerful and raises such a good point.  However, I thought the story was unnecessarily hyper-sensationalized to make this point. I thought this was actually detrimental to the very valid point being made.  Also, I felt like the professor who interviews the prisoner is written all wrong. In t

Secret Garden Revival?  May 5 2017, 12:03:08 PM

This thread has me pretty intrigued now.  I was originally planning on skipping the Denver Center's production.  But the video makes the show seem dark and interesting.  I definitely have to go see it now.

Unsinkable Molly Brown with Beth Malone  Apr 27 2017, 01:51:12 PM

I saw her in it back in 2014 when it was doing its stint in Denver.  I didn't think the show was in good enough shape at the time to transfer. But Beth Malone was really great in it.

Is the Great Comet really that confusing  Apr 27 2017, 12:01:49 PM

No, I do not think it's that confusing.

Broadway week on the today show  Apr 27 2017, 10:41:29 AM

I completely agree. Philanthropy makes no sense in isolation. I've already seen the show and fell in love with it, but nothing from that performance would make me want to see it again.

Talking down to teen girls in reviews  Apr 25 2017, 02:29:46 PM

I agree completely.  It is a completely sexist way to undermine a show's legitimacy. 

Way too early 2017 Tony predictions  Apr 24 2017, 04:42:16 PM

I would love to see the Great Comet win, but if I had to put my money where my mouth is, I would bet on Come From Away.  It is a really great and timely ensemble piece that did really cool things with its book. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You