News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Laurhearts SA

Laurhearts SA Profile Photo
Member Name: Laurhearts SA
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gerard Canonico as Moritz
 Aug 18 2007, 08:00:11 PM
Gerard was really good. John Gallagher has some big shoes to fill and Gerard did awsome. His hair looked good to me. I think he resembles John from afar with the hair and costume. His singing was good especially in the Bitch of Living. He tried so hard to pull of Moriz and he did. I thought the energy off the show was off though. Did anyone else notice that? It was definetly not Gerard's fault but it seemed like the energy was low... or something was sloppy. I don't know if it was becau
re: What's in your CD player now?
 Jul 14 2007, 11:40:59 PM
Since right now I am sans ipod, in my player is a mix CD of Miss Saigon, Hairspray, Grease, Spelling Bee, Smokey Joe's, TCP and Hair.
re: Some Gay rights leaders say 'Boycott Hairspray Movie'
 Jul 14 2007, 11:13:11 PM
I'm not saying that a man playing a woman = gay. Thats is what some are saying.

I was just making a positive comment that playing a woman doesn't bother Travolta. I know some homophobes whom I couldn't pay to dress as a woman. So it's all good. :)

re: MATT DOYLE in for Groff in SA 07.14
 Jul 14 2007, 11:05:20 PM

I got there at 8, yes that was a little late but I had an hour drive and I didn't drive myself...if I had I would have waken up at 5 and would have gotten there around 6 but O well. I got there expecting for some people to back out of there plans but they obviously didn't.

I counted 75 people and then I stopped counting when it wrapped around the block.

I was bummed, but I saw another show which is always a good pick-me-up. I came back at the stage door just to se

re: Some Gay rights leaders say 'Boycott Hairspray Movie'
 Jul 6 2007, 01:25:53 PM
Apparently the gay thing doesn't bother Travolta that much since he is playing a woman.
re: Broadway Crush?
 Jun 27 2007, 11:55:32 PM
John Gallagher Jr.
re: I Didn't Particularly Love SA, Am I Going to Hell?
 Jun 27 2007, 11:49:18 PM

Continuing the expectations thought... When I first saw SA, which I think was early Jan, I had such low expectations. I probably had these low expectations because I read what people write on BWW too much. Anyways, I went into the theater thinking it was going to be a horrible show, but at least I would be entertained for the evening.

When the show started, I was shocked at how much better it was than I had originally thought. I personally love the show. Now, people have such h

re: Did Anyone Go to the Spring Awakening Billboard Signing?
 Jun 27 2007, 11:18:05 PM
I just saw the new billboard today. I thought it was cool. My friend from who never saw the show especially liked the billboard.

I was a bit sad the the old posters around the box office are replaced with new ones. The new ones are cool though. It's a nice change.

re: Krysta Rodriguez is leaving Spring Awakening
 Jun 25 2007, 11:56:03 AM
This saddens me. But, her being in A Chorus Line is interesting to me. As others have said, I wasn't aware of her dancing abilities.

I think Krysta is a very good swing, but there is a lot of talent out there and I think they will replace her someone just as good. I wish her lots of luck.

re: Most erotic moment?
 Jun 22 2007, 09:01:07 PM
"Contact" from RENT has some pretty graphic lyrics.

Spring Awakening has many moments.

Cabaret is dirty but in an entertaining way.

re: Mary Poppins London & Broadway
 Jun 20 2007, 02:15:20 AM
My American friend saw it in London and thought the show was OK and she thought that Mary was scary. So...I don't know. Mabey it's an American problem. :)
re: spring awakening ending
 Jun 20 2007, 02:09:09 AM
I have heard, "Mabey they needed a nice song to close the show so people wouldn't go home saying, wow that was depressing. I wanna cry."

I guess the song just sums up everything and brings people together on stage.

I agree it doesn't have much relevence, but I like the song.

re: Spring Awakening Love
 Jun 19 2007, 12:05:34 PM
-Becoz i knew you-, how do you know that Lauren Pritchard sits in the audience once a month? I was just wondering how you know that.

Also, yes I do notice JBW out alot. I however have seen it 3 times without seeing a single understudy. But there are videos of them perfoming on TV and at stores with John B Write absent.

re: your playbill collections?
 Jun 18 2007, 02:28:07 PM
I normally just keep the ones from the shows I see.

But just this year I went to a flea market, and there were bunches of really old playbills, some from way before I was born. I couldn't resist so I bought some.

To name a few:

The Star Spangled Girl
Minnie's Boys
More Stately Mansions
Hair
Jesus Christ Superstar
Once More, With Feeling
Tribute
Sugar Babies with Mickey Rooney
Harvey from I think 1945...that's when a picture was Copywrit

re: The Tony audience commercials are quite different than the home viewer
 Jun 18 2007, 12:50:06 PM

Yes, they are very entertaining.

I especially loved the clips of Forbidden Broadway and the "Musicals in the Media" part with Family Guy, the Simpson's, and the movie Camp.

re: Broadway star sightings!
 Jun 18 2007, 12:41:02 PM
I don't remember off the top of my head who the actress was, but I saw "Mama" from Chicago walk pass me.

I saw practically the whole cast of Spring Awakening, except for Lea Michele, at Ars Nova when Lauren Pritchard sang. I saw Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater there also.

re: Broadway star sightings!
 Jun 17 2007, 11:47:12 PM
After the Tony Awards, I was waiting were everyone else was waiting at the end of the show, near the doors to leave. A lot of Spring Awakening people walked passed me.

I saw :
Krysta Rodriguez - ensembe
Gerard Canonico- enseble
Brian Charles Johnson
Matt Doyle - swing
John Gallagher Jr.

re: Spring Awakening Choreography Tony
 Jun 17 2007, 11:34:05 PM
I agree that it isn't traditional "dancing". It's choreography, and though the term brings a picture of dance "moves" to the mind, it's just moving in general. In my opinion, it definetly has its place in the show.
re: SURVEY : How many shows have you seen this season
 Jun 17 2007, 11:13:42 PM
^
WOW

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jun 17 2007, 10:54:33 PM
COMPANY - Raul's vibrato can be irritating.

I don't think all teenagers who love musicals are fan girls.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You