News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bbernardini

Member Name: bbernardini
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Am I alone on CRY-BABY?
 Mar 21 2008, 08:06:21 AM
I saw it last night as well, and I thought it was great. I think the people who are trashing it just don't "get it". It's a parody, a caricature. The show NAILS every 50s music cliche. Having watched more than my fair share of 1950s-era teenage juvenile delinquent movies, I can also say the show NAILS the spirit and stock characters of those films as well. It's a show celebrating and mocking trashy pop culture. In other words, it's perfect John Waters.

We're not necessarily supposed to

re: Andrew Lloyd Webber
 Mar 20 2008, 10:50:12 AM
I'm surprised the video didn't mention his use of Pink Floyd's "Echoes" as the "Phantom" theme. That's probably the most blatant one.
re: How long is CRY-BABY?
 Mar 19 2008, 10:07:47 PM
Is that with or without the intermission?
re: Cry-Baby Preview
 Mar 19 2008, 10:49:05 AM
"You guys are all too weird. Why not just go and see the show and form your own opinions? If it looks interesting/you enjoyed the movie/you enjoy hairspray and/or grease...you should go and see it. Thats the great thing about Broadway. What one person hates, someone else could fall in love with."

Yes, but some people aren't happy unless they're lording their imagined superiority over somebody.

re: Falling into the orchestra pit
 Mar 18 2008, 09:52:47 PM
I once played for a production of "Blood Brothers" and came very close to getting a large wooden toy car in the back of the head at high speed. Luckily, one of the actors managed to get to it before it went off the edge of the stage.
re: Stage door - what am I in for?
 Mar 18 2008, 09:50:28 PM
If you could find a promotional picture of The Folksmen, it might get Michael McKean's attention.
re: CRY-BABY - First Preview - 3/15/08
 Mar 16 2008, 07:29:11 PM
Wow. There's already somebody selling a DVD of yesterday's show.
re: CRY-BABY - First Preview - 3/15/08
 Mar 16 2008, 03:50:10 PM
Wow. Just curious, how many of you that hated the music of "Crybaby" have listened to Adam Schlesinger's work in Fountains Of Wayne or Ivy? I'm a somewhat recent convert to Fountains Of Wayne, but I've found his songwriting there to be some of the most brilliant stuff I've heard in years. I realize that writing for a rock band isn't quite the same as writing for John Waters, but I'm finding it hard to believe that the songs are THAT awful.

Guess I'll find out Thursday night. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You