News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for felipenor

Member Name: felipenor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Here Is The Official INTO THE WOODS Trailer  Jul 31 2014, 10:16:56 PM
"At least they didn't say 'From the director of NINE'."

At least they didn't say "From the director of Pirates of the Cirebbean 4".

What is so bad about bootlegs?  Jul 19 2014, 10:53:41 PM
The thing is, the general public doesn't really care for these bootlegs so I guess it's mostly Broadway fans who watch them, and I don't think any of those fans has refrained from watching a live musical in favor of a bootleg. Both can coexist, just like they have so far.

To be honest, I still don't understand why more musicals aren't released for actual purchase, like they did with Rent, Shrek or Sweeney Todd.

Grade the 2014 Tony performances  Jun 17 2014, 09:21:37 AM
I find the new Epopine's voice so annoying. Is it just me?
Grade the 2014 Tony performances  Jun 17 2014, 12:09:41 AM
" 'Or she has a clause or something that she wouldn't promote the musical?'

I've been wondering about this myself. She's a pretty private celebrity overall, but has certainly done plenty of interviews to promote her films in the past. I think the only press she's done for Cabaret is a handful of print interviews and the NY Times Talk, which isn't televised, of course... "

I think that's quite odd because Michelle Williams is kind of a big movie star, and I haven't seen her

NY Times: Tony for Best Musical Is Nice, but a Profitable Hit Is Better  Jun 17 2014, 12:01:47 AM
Sam Horowitzery interesting article.
Grade the 2014 Tony performances  Jun 9 2014, 11:24:40 PM
I don't get the Cabaret performance. From a marketing standpoint wouldn't it make a lot more sense to showcase Williams, who is argualy a much bigger draw than Cumming? Or she has a clause or something that she wouldn't promote the musical?
Into the Woods Movie Cast  May 28 2014, 10:41:50 PM
I think maybe they know Into the Woods will appeal to a more mature audience (as most movie musicals do) and they thought a trailer with Maleficent would give the idea of just another children's fairy tale.
Into the Woods Movie Cast  May 27 2014, 11:12:22 PM
I don't think we're getting a trailer with Maleficent. I guess Cinderella will take that spot.
the Music Man  May 14 2014, 03:59:59 PM
I think it's great that they're confident enough about their live musicals to announce this even before Peter Pan airs. Hope there'll be more to come.
Why I believe that Audra McDonald belongs in Lead Actress ina Musical category  Apr 26 2014, 01:14:30 PM
I'm not familiar with Lady Day, so what's the issue here? Why is there doubt whether it should be considered a play or a musical?
Broadway 4D?  Apr 18 2014, 09:41:20 PM
What's this? A revue-inspired movie?
Jersey Boys movie gets a rating...  Apr 15 2014, 11:25:28 PM
The studio could've easily changed the language to make it PG-13, so the fact that it got an R probably shows the studio believes this rating won't hurt the film.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/13/14  Apr 14 2014, 06:44:14 PM
When you guys say Bridges is losing money every week, do you have any idea how much it's losing? I understand 30% of potential gross is quite little, but ow much would it need to be out of the red, 50%?
How many movie musicals have you seen? A quiz.  Apr 14 2014, 02:27:54 PM
National Museum of Theatre  Apr 14 2014, 02:19:58 PM
I think there could be a national museum dedicated to American culture in general (music, cinema, theater, etc) since culture has always been one of the biggest things America is known for. I'm quite sure such a museum in NYC would always be crowded with tourists.
re: PHOTO FLASH! Original 1975 Broadway production of Bob Fosse's CHICAGO!  Apr 9 2014, 06:17:52 PM
Yeah, I know about the "live experience" thing, but 40 years after its debut very little of Chicago's original production survives and some people can rely on their memories to help count the story, but what about 50 years from now? And Chicago is one of the "big" shows, lucky enough to have had a revival and a film adaption, way better than can be said for most other musicals.
I just find it said to think that when future generations want to know more about Fosse's production of Chicago, it

re: PHOTO FLASH! Original 1975 Broadway production of Bob Fosse's CHICAGO!  Apr 9 2014, 02:16:15 PM
I find it sad that we're unable to watch now those great productions that were put out before and now live through some pictures and the memories of the people who saw them. I realy believe art was meant to be kept for generations to come, but with musicals (and theater in general) it seems it's never going to happen.
Hedwig strong, Bridges falters - Variety  Apr 2 2014, 08:19:57 PM
What are "royalty waivers"?
Hedwig strong, Bridges falters - Variety  Apr 2 2014, 05:21:49 PM
Is Cabaret underperforming? I thought it'd be doing bigger numbers considering all the names involved.
SPRING AWAKENING Film May Begin Production This Summer  Mar 31 2014, 08:07:52 PM
Subjective Sarcasm, when you say the musical is about children, how old do you see them exactly?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You