News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for buddharich

Member Name: buddharich
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Most forgotten Best Musical Winner?  May 19 2009, 11:24:20 PM
TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA is the one that popped into my mind quickly.
re: MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS WITH THE OFFICIAL LIST  May 5 2009, 07:30:51 PM
PLAYS

Best Play: God Of Carnage
Best Revival: The Norman Conquests
Best Lead Actor: Raul Esparza, Speed-The-Plow
Best Lead Actress: Janet McTeer, Mary Stuart
Best Featured Actor: Stephen Mangan, The Norman Conquests
Best Featured Actress: Angela Lansbury, Blithe Spirit
Best Director: Matthew Warchus, The Norman Conquests
Best Scenic Design: Rob Howell, The Norman Conquests
Best Costume Design: Anthony Ward, Mary Stuart
Best Lighting Design: David Hers

re: MAKE YOUR PREDICTIONS WITH THE OFFICIAL LIST  May 5 2009, 07:30:05 PM
PLAYS

Best Play: God Of Carnage
Best Revival: The Norman Conquests
Best Lead Actor: Raul Esparza, Speed-The-Plow
Best Lead Actress: Janet McTeer, Mary Stuart
Best Featured Actor: Stephen Mangan, The Norman Conquests
Best Featured Actress: Angela Lansbury, Blithe Spirit
Best Director: Matthew Warchus, The Norman Conquests
Best Scenic Design: Rob Howell, The Norman Conquests
Best Costume Design: Anthony Ward, Mary Stuart
Best Lighting Design: David Hers

re: The Biggest Snub Thread  May 5 2009, 07:20:14 PM
The Seagull shutout: not only Kristin Scott Thomas but Mackenzie Crook, Carey Mulligan, director Ian Rickson and the stunning revival - Hope Davis and Jane Fonda gave better performances than KST??

Megan Hilty, who I thought would WIN! The general snubbing of 9 To 5; what show did the committee see??

Daniel Radcliffe, who deserved to win for his stunning performance.

Gerald McRaney, Lily Rabe, Tovah Feldshuh, Andrea Martin, Bill Irwin, Nathan Lane, Aaron Tveit, Kathy

re: A few remarks about DOUBT: the movie  Dec 26 2008, 03:57:26 PM
I just saw the movie. Where to begin?

Shanley's direction was only so-so; I think the movie would have been so much better with a stronger director.

I think Amy Adams gave the film's BEST performance; the film was about her character much more so than the priest and the principal nun.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was miscast; the role needed the physical type of a Brian F. O'Byrne.

The black boy was inept; an incompetent actor, who marred the film.

It w

re: Long article on Meryl and Doubt  Dec 7 2008, 10:56:55 AM
Thank you for sharing this article. I haven't seen this movie yet but this added scene sounds perfectly dreadful. Quite honestly, the fact that John Patrick Shanley has directed his own play fills me with, ahem, doubt. But even more importantly my gut tells me that Philip Seymour Hoffman is totally miscast. Father Flynn needs to be played by a thin good looking actor IMO. I'm not a PSH fan at all. I'll definitely see the film but how I wish Cherry Jones were playing her role!!
Anybody watch the "Finding Billy" show on PBS?  Dec 2 2008, 05:23:48 AM
I'm taking care of my sister who is sick with a rare cancer and have not been in NYC all that much lately - I was hoping they would air the "Finding Billy" PBS program here in the Boston area; maybe it will air here later??

Did anybody watch it and what did you think of it??

re: Pal Joey 11/30  Dec 2 2008, 05:19:59 AM
I have tickets to see this show later this month; reading various threads about it makes me wonder if it will still be running! Good grief!

But I want to bring up what irks me: this need to "update" perfectly fine books of classic musicals!! The "PC" them, I suppose. I watch old movies, old television shows, and prefer them to newer ones most often, so I don't see any need to rework books and find it SO annoying!

I wondered if Stockard could sing & wondered why they didn't hir

re: Bothered and Bewildered- jv92 sees Pal Joey  Nov 25 2008, 05:21:35 PM
I disagree about the original book of Pal Joey. It not only makes sense but more importantly there is no reason to have "updated" and/or PC book changes at all. I watch old movies all the time & they never change the screenplay for us people living in 2008! I WANT the original book!

I haven't seen this production yet so I don't know - I am disappointed that Christian Hoff has been replaced. Pal Joey is one of my all-time favorites - I'll be seeing it in December, assuming it's still pl

PAL JOEY's great score!!  Oct 15 2008, 03:03:01 PM
Listening to different cast recordings of Pal Joey the past few days; it is such a great score, every single song a winner! So my two questions: which is your personal favorite song from the score? And which is your favorite recording??

I'm going to pick an unusual song: "Happy Hunting Horn"! It's so jaunty!! And I pick a mix of two recordings: The Harold Lang-Vivienne Segal recording (but their songs only) and the 1952 revival recording, for Helen Gallagher and Elaine Stritch's numbers

re: The best Mrs. Lovett  Oct 14 2008, 06:30:49 AM
The best Mrs. Lovett? Of the four I have seen, Angela Lansbury by a landslide! Second place would be a tie: Patti LuPone and Beth Fowler. I HATED the movie version, and only liked the weekend in the country sequence as far as the miscast Helena Bonham-Carter is concerned.... Wish I had seen Nancy Hayes in the role...
re: Angela Lansbury joins Blithe Spirit  Oct 14 2008, 06:27:32 AM
Totally THRILLED!!!

Does anybody else remember Geraldine Page's Madame Arcati in 1987, her last broadway role?? She was wonderfully over-the-top, which fortunately this role allows actresses to do. I'm glad Angela is going to take on this role, she will be SO delicious!

And I would think Christine Ebersole would be Elvira, not Ruth, which I consider the dullest role in the play.

re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities  Oct 13 2008, 09:03:49 AM
Other possibilities (albeit they could be petitioned as featured): Susan Blackwell and Heidi Blickenstaff for "title of show", Kerry O'Malley and Meredith Patterson for "Irving Berlin's White Christmas".

I count 17 possible eligible actresses, and I'm sure there will be a few shows that will open next May that aren't on the list so far. Some will be petitioned to compete in the featured category.

re: The Ladies of 9 to 5 Tony Possibilities  Oct 12 2008, 06:05:49 PM
Not only will there be 3 lead possibilities from 9 to 5 but also from Vanities! Stephanie J. Block, Megan Hilty, Allison Janney from the former, Lauren Kennedy, Sarah Stiles, and Anneliese van der Pol from the latter. In addition, I strongly suspect Haydn Gwynne will be in the lead category. Add to that Sutton Foster for Shrek, Stockard Channing and Martha Plimpton for Pal Joey, not to mention the leads from Guys And Dolls, West Side Story... and whatever comes out late in the season!! The nomin
What are your favorite current show websites?  Oct 9 2008, 05:55:08 AM
I looked at various show websites yesterday. I really liked the 9 To 5 and Vanities very much; was disappointed in the title of show, Shrek and Billy Elliot sites. A Tale Of Two Cities was pretty good. I found the White Christmas site a bit confusing. The 13 site was really different because it was teenager/fan oriented. What are your favorite show websites these days??
re: 9 to 5's leading ladies: which actress plays which role?  Oct 7 2008, 04:33:26 PM
Thanks for the information!!! I am SO looking forward to this show! I am big Dolly fan and loved the movie, too. I was unsure as to Allison Janney's singing abilities, since I have only seen her in plays and as C.J. on The West Wing. I've loved Stephanie J. Block in everything she's done, esp. The Boy From Oz, but the Jane Fonda role was the least interesting in the movie so it will be interesting to see what she can do with the role.

TxTwoStep: what is the score like? Does it contain

9 to 5's leading ladies: which actress plays which role?  Oct 7 2008, 11:58:23 AM
Allison Janney, Stephanie J. Block, and Megan Hilty - I'm guessing A. Janney will play the Jane Fonda role, S.J. Block will play the Lily Tomlin role, and Megan Hilty will play the Dolly Parton role??

I'm unfamiliar with Megan Hilty - is she a newcomer??

re: BILLY ELLIOT----THE NEXT BROADWAY HIT?  Oct 6 2008, 08:25:20 PM
Haven't most people allready seen the movie before they go see the show?? I didn't necessarily understand all of the politics but I LOVED the movie and am looking forward to this show very much!! (: (I'm seeing it on my birthday! Yay!)

Why so few new Broadway plays this season?  Oct 6 2008, 08:43:53 AM
I've noticed that there will be lots of REVIVALS this year: "Accent On Youth", "All My Sons", "The American Plan", "A Man For All Seasons", "American Buffalo", "Equus", "Hedda Gabler", "Mary Stuart", "The Seagull" - I'm sure there will be more by next June.

But plays? The off-broadway transfer of "Dividing The Estate", "To Be Or Not To Be" (from England), and "reasons to be pretty" are the only "new" plays I have heard will get broadway productions this year. It really is getting to be

this past season were there any off-broadway musicals worthy of  Jun 20 2008, 08:49:47 AM
transfer to broadway this season?? If so, which show(s) and why??
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You