News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pugsandcoffee

pugsandcoffee Profile Photo
Member Name: pugsandcoffee
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Visit Closing Sunday
 Jun 8 2015, 02:54:35 PM

"Such a shame. Much like SCOTTSBORO,  Kander & Ebb created something amazing that just wasn't "mainstream" enough to fully capture the general publics attention. I wish they would have been able to get a huge name to play opposite Chita as Anton, for no other reason than to ensure it sold tickets and got asses in those seats. I truly hope that Chita changes her mind and decides to do Broadway again after this because she's just too special to not have a s

Favorite 2015 Tony Award Performance
 Jun 8 2015, 11:25:19 AM

I'm going to be different than everyone else and say "Ring of Keys."

It was a long slope downward to the number 2 performance.

Casualties Post Tony Awards
 Jun 8 2015, 11:24:28 AM

I really, REALLY wanted to like the Visit. I hate any show closing, honestly, although they do make room for new things to come, but I don't wish it any ill will. It was excellently performed for the most part, I just did not connect with it in any way.

I was kind of hoping Tonys performances would push me to go see some of the show I have no seen yet, especially those possibly closing soon. Sadly, nothing really stood out for me. I thought I would at least mildly

tony awards rant
 Jun 8 2015, 10:59:40 AM

My only complaint about the Fun Home performance was they rewrote Alison's intro to the scene so as not to freak out Aunt Betsy in Idaho with the phrase, "old school butch."

That said, Lucas gave the nights most affecting performance, hands down.

It Shoulda Been You Previews
 Mar 18 2015, 03:18:47 PM
A glance at the cast list reveals:

Bea Heidi Blickenstaff
Portia Kate Reinders

My guess is those are supporting roles.

Mar 18 2015, 01:49:18 PM
I'm wracking my brain to think of who else would be eligible...I know Neverland will likely push Laura Michelle for lead, yes...and it's possible the twins in Side Show will sneak in despite their show being long gone...I couldn't say about An American In Paris...what else am I missing? Brynn O'Malley slaying it in Honeymoon? Jesus forgive me if they give Vanessa Hudgens a nod, and I imagine that they will not deem any of the fun Home women eligible for lead.

Mar 18 2015, 01:43:11 PM
I did a demo recording for a friend/composer and he had a just gorgeous number from a little one-act he had done and he couldn't find a singer for. I managed to get her when she was available and I hope she'd be flattered to know I still listen to that song.

ETA: I know we're already crammed with Chenoweth, O'Hara, Rivera...but man, I would just lose my mind if she gets a Tony nom.

Mar 18 2015, 01:35:57 PM
Lisa Howard deserves a show, and a showstopper. For her, I hope at least she gets some serious notice here. I sang with her back in the day and was always floored. Always. Just a hell of a voice I'd put above a lot of Broadway "stars."

ON THE 20th CENTURY Reviews
 Mar 17 2015, 04:41:58 PM
Can't wait to see this, but really more based on my enjoyment of the original cast album than anything else. I'm not at all surprised Brantley went all-in on his Chenoweth praise; that's been a hallmark of his since her Broadway debut, it seems!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You