News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicaljen

musicaljen Profile Photo
Member Name: musicaljen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 10 2015, 12:42:34 PM

I am sure it will be great, and most of all I do hope that it wont be the first and last for UK television to do.

Unfortunately in this country all we are getting are bedtime stories with flying fairies, witches and children's characters. Hopefully I will be able to watch through live streaming somehow.

The Sound of Music LIVE ITV  Dec 10 2015, 12:39:32 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "Another live version of "The Sound of Music"? If there was ever an over-rated musical, in my opinion this particular show is definitely one. Over-rated and over-done. I don't get this particular show's appeal.

Cause maybe it has no scarecrows or flying faries.

"

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Dec 8 2015, 05:01:39 PM

What was I wrong or right about??? I personally don't like The Wiz and what I stated was that the Wiz will not score high as the Sound of Music with 18 million viewers. I was right.

Do I care what other people think of the night? No I do not. I never read reviews, not only for television but most important for Broadway shows. If a show interest me I would go, if not I don't, same for television. I did not log on December 03rd because I was not impressed by any of the promo

What should be NBC's next Live Musical ?  Dec 8 2015, 12:46:45 PM

I still cant get myself to watch this year's presentation. But yes I agree that Hairspray would be great.

Whatever they do, I hope they wont go for the same way they staged this year's production. I did not like LED screens instead of sets like the previous years.

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?  Dec 5 2015, 06:16:23 PM

They really need to get their hands on a title, similar to The Sound of Music which is well known and loved. Unfortunately both Peter Pan and The Wiz are not really well known, and that could be the reason, ratings went the way they went. Having Queen Latifah and Mary J. Blige who are renowned fortunately increased that number, but two million is not by much from the previous year.

If I had to choose, I would go for Fiddler on the Roof, Oliver! or even Cinderella for next year. I am sur

The Wiz live DVD release question  Dec 5 2015, 03:26:02 PM

musicaltheatreman2 said: "Mr Nowack, in the "cleaned up" version of TSOM did they keep in the scene when the actor stepped on Laura's  dress and she tripped a little, or did they replace it with a cut were the scene went smoothly without the mishap? 

Hi Yes the part of Laura's dress is still there, but the Admiral's line flub is gone. Other shots are different too

"

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Dec 5 2015, 03:24:46 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "Thank you musicaljen for that information re: the DVD releases of these "LIVE!" telecasts. I am happy to know that the released versions of these shows are actually filmed and not the actual "LIVE!" broadcast because as much as I love "The Wiz: Live" I was not a big fan of the camera work. I hope the version on the DVD does this particular production justice because it is truly one of the best things I have seen on television this yea

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Dec 5 2015, 02:39:38 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "musicaltheatreman2 said: "In the past when NBC releases the DVD of their Live broadcast for purchase (SOM, PP) is it the actual live production that aired on tv with all of the camera mistakes, sound issues and any other mishaps that happen during the live broadcast, or do they release a cleaned up filming of the production that is different from what aired on tv?  Thanks "

I own both Peter Pan and The Sound of Music. B

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Dec 5 2015, 02:36:27 PM

I did not have time to watch yet. but how did it differ from the Orginal Broadway production and the movie?

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?  Dec 4 2015, 02:15:58 PM

There is only one show that could have beaten TSOM Live and that is The Wizard of Oz and Wicked, but I don't see any of the two now happening

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here  Dec 4 2015, 01:12:02 PM

Also, I was about to explain why some butthurt white people are not a good indication of how big the audience could be if they're reaching out to other demographics and so on, but I really don't have the energy. Enough with the incredibly stupid butthurt white people. The reaction against those tweets was tenfold. 

This is getting ugly now.. So racial..

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here  Dec 4 2015, 12:36:00 PM

I have said from Day 1 that I did not like the piece. Nothing wrong with being anti-Wiz. My point was, shouldn't they do something that should be better and score more ratings than The Sound of Music did?? With both the Wiz and Pan, that failed.

Showface, I did not say the show would be a flop, I said it will not deliver the ratings SOM did and I was right. Was The Wiz good, was it bad, that I don't know since I have not seen it.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3345408/Social-media-flooded-racist-tweets-black-Wiz-Live-musical-special-kicks-off.html

Apparently this was not only from a handful of people that this show was seen from that perspective.

A review did state that The Wiz Live! was better than Pan but not as involving as Sound of Music.

What should NBC's next Live Musical Be?  Dec 4 2015, 11:51:44 AM

should there be another one?

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here  Dec 4 2015, 11:49:43 AM

Fact still remains that it did not reach the same audience as the first one did. No I did not watch, because the show does not appeal to me, but I am not surprised by the ratings. Fact is that whatever they do, there are going to deliver that number maybe around 13 million, because a lot of people would like to see Broadway shows, but not all can afford a thicket. prices are so high these days.

I think the ratings are very good, but it would have been twice or even three times the numbe

Grease: Live casting  Nov 24 2015, 06:33:19 AM

Its Fantastic! and so much looking forward to this.

If NBC wants to get their viewers back they should start doing popular titles like Grease.

So far I love everything about this

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 21 2015, 10:39:48 AM

I really had to cut my previous message short. To Digific writer or whatever his nickname is, who on earth do you think you are, to tell people what or shouldn't they say. Let alone do corrections

As far as I am concerned you really do not have to be enlightened to see that promos are doing nothing for this show.

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 21 2015, 06:03:48 AM

who cares what you will bloody do. I am speaking for myself...

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 21 2015, 05:45:46 AM

This years broadcast was doomed to be a disaster from the day it was announced. For that I already stated my reasons in previous posts.

What a big relief its is going to be, when it will be over and to go through broadwayworld one would not have to see the horrendous photos and trailers from this production. When Peter Pan was announced I had the same reaction, but the promo material made really change my mind and become excited for December 4th. If what we have seen so far&nb

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 20 2015, 01:14:03 PM

Snafu, I really hate the costumes. The Lion and scarecrow looks terrible and disturbing to even look at. This year is the first I will not be tuning in, as nothing they showed us so far made me change my mind. On the contrary the costume designs freaked me out.

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Nov 19 2015, 12:57:25 PM

They should really get the costume designer to arrange that scarecrow and lions costumes. They are hideous and freaky

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You