News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheKryptoniteKid

TheKryptoniteKid Profile Photo
Member Name: TheKryptoniteKid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

You Gotta Get A Gimmick Mashup
 May 27 2015, 11:46:08 PM

It has more chance of being on DVD than a Variety Performance from 1981. I'll have to investigate. Thank you.

May 26 2015, 09:12:04 PM

To ggersten: Bugger, I missed out on that one 'cause "You Gotta Get A Gimmick" wasn't listed in the title or description. I may have to create a sequel. Do you know if this is available on DVD so that I can rip a better quality version?

To everyone else: Thanks for the kind words. I'll retitle it a Super Cut on your advice.

May 26 2015, 10:09:37 AM

Hello Broadway lovers,

I made a mashup of "You Gotta Get A Gimmick" from GYPSY. Please take a few minutes to enjoy it.

Re: Yoou
 Aug 5 2014, 10:26:23 AM
Thank you, kindly.
"You won't succeed on Broadway" from SPAMALOT
 Aug 4 2014, 01:13:25 AM
When the person holding the newspaper reveals his identity and says, "You're doing great!", who is he meant to be? Some famous reviewer? It gets a huge laugh on YouTube, and as I'm Australian, the reference is lost on me.
re: defying gravity lift problem
 Nov 17 2011, 05:33:29 PM
I've seen WICKED on Broadway and in Melbourne and Sydney, and each time I thought "Defying Gravity" was a really emotional and spectacular set piece.

Some friends of mine saw it on Broadway when Elpheba stayed grounded, and they did not realise she was meant to fly.

ELF: Thumbs UP or thumbs DOWN?
 Dec 19 2010, 11:57:34 PM
Ok, what's the 4-1-1 on ELF? My friend said it was terrible. Now I have to question his judgement. Is it good or not?
re: Stepping Out (Liza Minnelli)
 Sep 14 2010, 11:07:48 AM
OK, I watched the film again today. Someone very kindly burned a copy onto DVD for me from his laserdisc copy. However, the quality isn't great - it was like watching VHS on my 50 inch plasma.

So.........

With the film's 20th anniversary next year, why, oh why isn't there at least a bare bones DVD???

re: FINIAN'S RAINBOW to Close January 17
 Dec 31 2009, 11:21:48 AM
My partner and I came all the way from Sydney to see this show last October, and we were so glad we did. We loved every second of it. We met almost all the cast afterward and got their autographs on the show poster. I'm saddened the show isn't running at least a year but at least there's a cast recording to relive it by.
 Nov 6 2009, 05:41:13 AM
You are lucky to have it, Ozeedancer. The version I downloaded from the link given here is too soft to watch on my 50 inch plasma, but it's ok on my iMac if I keep the window small. I can only hope it gets released on DVD sooner rather than later.
re: Legally Blonde!
 Nov 4 2009, 10:23:31 AM
Put the bitchiness away, girls.

If Victor Garber HAD performed the role on Broadway, would this have been the first time an actor created a film role and THEN the Broadway role? Or has it happened before?

There are lots of instances where an actor originated a role on Broadway, then got to reprise it in a film. But are there any examples in reverse?

Musical jargon
 Nov 4 2009, 10:19:08 AM
Can someone please tell me what "stock" means. I'm presently reading "The Oxford Companion to the American Musical: Theatre, Film, and Television" and there are constant references to actors performing in "stock", but I can't find anywhere in the book what it means.
 Oct 28 2009, 10:55:09 AM
Thank you so much, BrodyFosse123. I will download it and watch it on my iMac. I don't the quality is good enough to blow it up onto my 50 inch plasma. And in the meantime, I will wait patiently for it to arrive on DVD...........
re: Clumsy follows the rainbow to Finian's Rainbow: 10.23.09E.
 Oct 27 2009, 07:15:07 PM
"I have nothing against Jackson- but he is simply not a draw. People do not come see a show to see him."

Not true. I saw Aida, Hair and South Pacific during a recent trip to Manhattan and I had to juggle all 3 to make sure I could see Finian's Rainbow just because I wanted to see Cheyenne. The fact that the everything about the show is sublime turned out to be a bonus.

Oct 25 2009, 10:35:08 PM
Dear BrodyFosse123,

How was the quality of the film after you downloaded it, please?

Oct 25 2009, 11:53:33 AM
I so appreciate you doing this -- I'll wait to hear from you about the verdict. I've only ever seen this film on video, since its cinematic release in Sydney lasted 2 weeks. It's never been on Australian television.
 Oct 25 2009, 11:38:28 AM
You are too kind for finding this for me. I've joined but before I pay to download, are you able to tell me if the download is better quality than what I watch for free? Thanks for all your help so far.
 Oct 25 2009, 10:27:05 AM
Because this film has so many tap dance scenes, it really needs to be seen in its correct aspect ratio. Half the film is missing on VHS.

If you love films by Lewis Gilbert (Education Rita, Shirley Valentine), or if you love feel-good films, you will love this film.

Oct 25 2009, 03:33:47 AM
There have been lots of flops prior to home video popularity which have been released on DVD --

Ishtar
Can't Stop The Music
Head (The Monkees)
Heaven's Gate
Howard The Duck

and all of them are available on DVD.

If anyone has ANY information about this film's potential release, I'd be extremely grateful.

re: Clumsy follows the rainbow to Finian's Rainbow: 10.23.09E.
 Oct 25 2009, 03:22:22 AM
What was Cheyenne's line flub?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You