News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CHGriffiths

CHGriffiths Profile Photo
Member Name: CHGriffiths
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LA CAGE ticket prices
 Jan 15 2010, 09:42:49 AM
"Four tables? Where were they, in the orchestra pit? I was halfway back in the stalls and I completely missed them."

Umm, there was no orchestra pit, the orch. were on stage, on raised levels either side of the fake proscenium arch!
They had two tables each side of the steps in the middle of the stage, Georges talked to audience members sat at them on a few occasions, and during the song "La Cage Aux Folles" four of the caggelles danced on the tables!
I would not say they were integral, however, they were part of the charm of the show, and a BRILLIANT way of breaking the fourth wall with elegance!

See photo:

In terms of the new logo, I think it looks STUNNING, but does not represent this production, they make it look like this will be a Las Vegas style show, which it is anything but!

re: Lines from Broadway songs that would make great t-shirts
 Oct 7 2008, 10:55:24 AM
"The opposite to war isn't peace, it's creation!"
re: Scariest moments in a show...
 Aug 24 2008, 09:35:11 AM
Same with blood brothers, except i was on the isle of row E, with the copper next to me, My ears have never been the same since, I mean I ACTUALLY enjoyed Rent Remixed, that gun really screwed me up!!
re: Kerry Ellis in 'Wicked'
 Aug 15 2008, 07:39:02 PM
I do find it strange though, I saw Kerry MANY times in London (9 times in fact) and I never had her U/S, and my friend has seen her many times and had never had her u/s, and then, she goes to Broadway, and it all falls apart, based on online recordings, she doesn't even sound as good over there as she did in England (i think this is because she is trying to do an american accent, and it ISNT working) And I know you peform on different days to west end(Broadway being dark on monday and west end o
re: Cast Recording you hate from a show you like
 Jul 30 2008, 02:22:23 PM
Wicked - I LOVE the show (Have seen it 15 times in London), however i HATE the OBCR as it makes the show seem VERY dull and boring,

I think the same can be said for any rock show (Rent etc.) as the big rock parts always seem to be toned down alot!

re: Songs You Didn't Know Were From Broaday
 Jul 30 2008, 02:18:36 PM
ith chess, I didnt know "I Know Him So Well" was from it until I saw Kerry Ellis and Idina Menzel sing it in the recent London concert, nice suprise actually as I have always really liked that song!
re: What is up with all of these movie musicals coming out of nowhere
 Jul 24 2008, 11:33:32 AM
(Please note, this is for England, but I guess it is relevant in America as well) there was a report the other day saying theatre ticket sales are up 30% in England compared to 10 years ago, and I think these films are a way of pulling people in, they see the big names in the adverts for the films, they go see it for the names, but fall in love with the songs and this makes them want to see it live! It's an easy cycle and it works, it's also a VERY good way for producers etc. to make abit more m
re: Kerry Ellis - The Idina Menzel Robot
 Jul 21 2008, 05:40:22 PM
I think the problem of most people on here, is that you have not seen Idina for 4/5 years, I saw Idina in London and then Kerry about a month later, and, ok, there are similarities, but that is all, but because there is key similarities which stick out in your head, you presume they play it all the same, when actually, your memory will be slightly lapsing, there ARE similarities, but at the end of the day, they are singing the same songs, to the same music, with the exactly the same direction, a
re: Wicked Movie - Looks like it COULD happen!
 Jul 20 2008, 02:42:55 PM
Woops, DIDNT see that, Oh Well, at least we have a thread now just about the Wicked Film!
Wicked Movie - Looks like it COULD happen!
 Jul 20 2008, 02:37:32 PM
Now please, do not take this as me saying it is going to happen and there is confirmation, as there is a LONG way to go, but just came accross this on imdb, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262426/ Now, I've got an IMDB Pro account and found out that this has been posted by Universal Pictures, so it is 100% real, HOWEVER over half the films on IMDB never happen, or get put off, all this means is that they ARE considering producing a film of the musical!
re: Kerry Ellis - The Idina Menzel Robot
 Jul 20 2008, 02:33:33 PM
I HAVE to disagree, I saw Idina 3 times in London and Kerry 10 times, and found there performances COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! Over Kerry's year and bit in London she grew sooo much and hate to think she has now returned to her old habbits on Broadway! I found Kerry sang with much more depth and portrayed the character much better, however, you must remember, she was Idina's Understudy and took over from her, and they rehearsed to gether, of course she is going to pick up her style, but they are 100%$
re: Did anyone see Kerry ELLIS tonight?
 Jun 18 2008, 03:33:32 AM
Am quite dissapointed to hear this, I saw her in London countless times, and from what you've said, this does not sound like Kerry, perhaps the producers asked her to change abit? I just have a few questions I would like to ask as there are some things I wondered if she would keep the same on Broadway:

1) Did she use an American Accent, or did she just play it normally?

2) Did she still do her *Growl* at "Loooooook to the western sky"?

3) Finally, did she do her *Speci

re: Kerry Ellis 'Defying Gravity' mishap ?
 Apr 21 2008, 04:00:33 PM
Well, it must've have been double as scary, as believe it or not, Kerry Ellis is actually terrified of hieghts, and it took alot of rehearsal for Defying Gravity in the first place! When she comes to Broadway, you'll notice, she doesn't go as fast as normal, and stops about 1 meter lower than other Elphabas.
re: Kerry Ellis 'Defying Gravity' mishap ?
 Apr 21 2008, 03:33:20 PM
I guess the 20 minute break was the interval then? They have got a back up procedure which normally goes into plan when the lift doesn't work, I saw it very early on, on the first Saturday in London with Idina, she didnt fly, and what they do, is she runs forward, they put on the no good deed lighting and up the volume, the ensemble then run on from the wings, does that sound right?
re: One Day In New York, Best Show To See?
 Apr 20 2008, 03:42:43 AM
Thanks, I'm not bothered bout Spring Awakening as its meant to come over here next year, i think it might be Gypsy now, but also only if Patti is still in it, but it could well be Xanadu!
re: One Day In New York, Best Show To See?
 Apr 19 2008, 03:04:24 PM
Thanks for the help guys, Gypsy is a defo possibility now, but only if Patti LuPone is still in it, however I wouldnt have considered in the heights, so that is a defo possibility, I think it may come to names out a hat! Thanks anyway guys!!!!
One Day In New York, Best Show To See?
 Apr 19 2008, 08:34:20 AM
Hi, i'm from England, and have never managed to go to New York before, this Summer I am in NY for a day, I'm seeing Rent in the afternoon but what show should I see in the evening, It's a Saturday so I hope theres plenty of options, I don't want to see any shows that are open over here i.e. Wicked, as I've probably seen it! So what shows do you have that will really make me think, WOW! I'm thinking Young Frankenstein, but I'm not sure, can anyone help?
re: Ugh, ruined experience
 Apr 18 2008, 01:39:32 PM
Well I'm 1.82 meters, so tall, and this once happened to me, an absolute giant sat in front, I dont know what you have on Broadway as this was London, so what I did, was get a booster cushion, so I was higher up, giving me a great view over the man's head, and annoying the people behind me as there view was then blocked, so solved the problem and I felt quite good, nasty, but good!
re: Wicked 4/17/08 review
 Apr 18 2008, 01:36:18 PM
I'm glad i'm not the only one who isn't obsessed with Miriam's Morrible, lots of British 'Teenage fans' like her alot! saw her 3 times in London, and, she is a great actor, but didnt sing, EVER, just spoke the words and did seem to over act then as well, whats happening singing wise, I mean does she now?
re: Please explain to me...
 Apr 16 2008, 05:15:31 PM
By restricted it means there not handing it out to everyone, you have to apply to them and there being abit picky about who does it and how many productions are done at one time, the chances are if you apply you'll be put on a waiting list.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You