News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BWayBoy88

Member Name: BWayBoy88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Do You Think Were Robbed Tonys?
 Mar 12 2007, 01:19:31 AM
Bernadette in Gypsy and Sunday
Sunday for Best Musical
Sunday for Best Score.
Kelli O'Hara over Sara Ramirez (Although I still loved Sara, Kelli's role was more difficult and she deserved it more)
Patti Lupone for Sweeney
Piazza as Best Musical
Anyone besides Idina (Donna Murphy or Kristin deserved it, But it was Tonya's Tony)
West Side Story over the Music Man
Carolee for Parade
Antonio Banderas for Nine or BSM for Man of La Mancha over Harvey
Tammy Blanc

re: Megan Mullally Cast in Young Frankenstein?
 Feb 25 2007, 05:05:26 PM
Wasn't Kristin Inga in the reading and Sutton was Elizabeth?

I would love to see Sutton's take on Elizabeth but Megan would be wonderful also

re: john and jen back in new york????
 Dec 8 2005, 08:53:10 PM
omg I love this show and I love both Julia and Michael-two of my favorite performers and both would be incredible in those roles. Although it would be hard to fill Carolee's shoes-but if anyone could do it-it would be Julia
re: Arden, Benanti, Keenan-Bolger, Gettelfinger, Von Essen Star in Dec. 5 S
 Oct 12 2005, 11:13:51 PM
I'm so excited about this. I just ordered my tickets. I dont know the show that well, but I've heard the music once or twice and thought it was really good. I can't wait for the rest of the casting
re: BroadwayWorld.com Announces Standing Ovations IVBroadwayWorld.com Annou
 Oct 3 2005, 10:43:42 PM
Is this sold out?
re: Wasn't there supposed to be a West Side Story Revival soon?
 Sep 25 2005, 05:30:57 PM
I agree 100% with the casting of young actors for the WSS revival. Despite what many people think, there are some incredibly talented young actors out there. People are just used to seeing really bad High School productions with miscast kids trying to play Mamma Rose or Sweeney Todd (Roles that should never be played by anyone under 40). However, West Side Story's characters are relatable to kids and I think that young people would do an incredible job with the show.

I am also really ex

re: Broadway names pronunciation
 Sep 25 2005, 05:02:02 PM
It's Sarah Your-ee-ar-tee Berry (Like the fruit)
re: Little Shop Revival- why didn't it do well?
 Sep 5 2005, 11:52:34 AM
I thought the only good things about this show were Hunter, the Urchins and Audrey II
re: Eden Espinosa as Evita??
 Sep 4 2005, 09:48:26 PM
I'm not an expert on Evita-but isnt Eva supposed to age during the show? Doesnt she start out really young and get older? So Eden's age wouldnt really hold her back. I personally would love to hear Alice Ripley or Lisa Brescia sing those songs.
re: Patti LuPone as Mama Rose?
 Sep 4 2005, 11:32:37 AM
I'm not really a fan of Patti-but she would be a really good Rose. I could see her playing the fierce and determined side of Rose very well. As someone said earlier-her voice is very similar to Ethel Merman's who the role was written for.

I would LOVE for them to wait a few years and have Audra play Rose instead. I would pay so much money to see Audra perform "Rose's Turn"

re: PETER PAN : how many are there??
 Aug 14 2005, 04:13:55 AM
There is another version of Peter Pan written by the two guys who wrote Honk (I am blanking on their names right now)
re: When Will They FINALLY Win Their Tony??
 Aug 13 2005, 04:01:07 PM
"Ken Page...this man should have won one along time ago.
Terrence Mann
Brent Barret
Andre De Shields
Frances Ruffelle
Judy Kuhn
Sandy Duncan
Sheryl Lee Ralph
Hugh Panaro
Susan Egan
Steve Blanchard
Linda Eder
Roger Bart
Anthony Rapp
Rebecca Luker "

Frances Ruffelle won for Les Miserables and Roger Bart won for You're a Good Man Charlie Brown

re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?
 Aug 12 2005, 04:31:39 PM
I usually hate it when people complain about how Broadway has gone downhill lately-but in this case I agree. I understand having to miss a few shows because of illness, but whatever happened to "the show must go on"? Everyone knew Ethel Merman as a powerhouse who never missed shows. (I'm not an expert on the subject-but I think the only time she missed shows was during Gypsy due to vocal problems from the difficulty of that role) Luckily we do still have some performers like that (Harvey Fierste
re: who will replace norbert and john?
 Aug 12 2005, 03:15:49 PM
I would love to see Steve Martin play Laurence
 Aug 12 2005, 02:57:47 PM
Julie Andrews was the only nomination from Victor Victoria but she tried to refuse her nomination because she felt the show deserved more nominations. She was stil nominated, but didnt win. I have heard a lot of people say that she would of won over Donna Murphy that year if she hadnt tried to refuse the nomination.

Emcee-While there probably isnt a chance of her winning a Tony for a musical, maybe there is a chance of her doing a straight play.

Aug 12 2005, 12:17:20 PM
How has no one said Julie Andrews yet? She is such a musical theater icon and has been nominated a few times but has never won any.
re: Literature Classic You'd Like To See Done As A Musical
 Aug 7 2005, 11:17:27 AM
I know there is some version written out there-But I would love to see a musical version of To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway.
re: Which Broadway Actor/Actress do you think can best act different types of characters...?
 Aug 7 2005, 03:01:33 AM
Ok I know she isn't know for her Broadway acting-but she has done a few Broadway shows and some movies based on plays. But Meryl Streep can transform into anything and anyone. She has played a holocaust survivor, a woman going through a divorce, a morman mother and ethel rosenburg just to name a few. And in every movie she is so convincing as every role she plays. I wish she would come back to Broadway because I'm sure she would be entrancing to watch live
re: Actors' size, weight, etc.
 Aug 3 2005, 01:10:50 AM
One of my favorite parts of Spamalot was how Sara Ramirez had curves, but was still stunning.

On a side note-there are quite a few Hollwood stars who are fairly short. Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman I know are both reasonably short and have had wildly successful careers

CANT BEAT THIS ONE
 Aug 1 2005, 12:43:20 PM
Vanessa Williams in Into the Woods-She did not hit a single right note in that whole show. I don't understand how she got a Tony nomination
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You