News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aurora1958

aurora1958 Profile Photo
Member Name: aurora1958
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: dotv
 Jun 15 2004, 10:11:37 PM
Actually I do think you have a point, but I don't think it was as jarring as all that. To cause people to belly laugh and practically roll on the floor.

I think a happy medium would have been perfect, not as "hand to forehead" as Tanz and not as campy as it turned out. But even with it's problems, I did enjoy it very much and think it deserved better than what it got.

Dotti

re: dotv
 Jun 15 2004, 08:48:43 PM
I loved DOTV, but I was not blind the the problems that it had. The fact that the script kept changing made it very difficult for the actors to get a real handle on what they were doing and the fact that the director was having personal difficulties and unable to be the strong hand that was needed left it floundering in direction. Too many people trying to put their own spin on what the direction of the show should be made it a bit of a muddle. But what I ask out of an evening's theatre is to b
re: BroadwayWorld.com's Front and Center concert series kicks off in June w
 Jun 3 2004, 09:35:05 PM
Sounds fabulous I'm really excited about this. I'll definitely be there. Who else is going? Please say hello...

Dotti

marc shaiman's 'pick-a-little'
 May 29 2004, 03:26:12 PM
I know I don't post often, but I do read every day and when I saw that video at the show I was sooo glad I did and knew everyone that was being sung about. I'll add my chorus of how great it was to everyone else's and even though it would be fun to see it on a bigger venue, isn't it nicer to have it where those who really get it see it?

I didn't know so many of you were going to be there, it would've been fun to actually meet some of you. Maybe next time!! Anyone going to Mandy's on June

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
 Mar 21 2004, 07:22:26 PM
Oh WOW I bought tickets for the circle the minute I saw the ad and I'm sooo glad I did. Now everything's sold out. Oh MAN this is soooo exciting!!

Aurora

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: get together
 Jan 12 2004, 08:44:53 PM
Gawd, let me apologize for mangling Ifitfloats name. I think my keyboard is sticking...

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: get together
 Jan 12 2004, 08:41:04 PM
Iflititfloat....I feel the same way. I'd really like to meet you guys up close and personal but I'm in exactly the same boat. I tell you what...why don't WE meet before hand and arrive together..ya know..the newbies of the block?
re: re: re: re: re: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
 Jan 12 2004, 08:23:43 PM
Princess you did a great job describing it! I absolutely loved the movie and the music....except for the end of the movie. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to make out of it...but it's a great show.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: taboo
 Jan 12 2004, 08:19:01 PM
It appears the NY theatre going population is scared of anything too different that isn't buttkissed by every critic. In one I understand, it's big bucks to see a show so I suppose they want to play it safe and see something everyone appears to like instead of taking a chance and seeing something different that they "might" like.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Wonderful Town- Disappointing
 Jan 12 2004, 08:12:05 PM
I'm planning to see this in a couple of weeks, but that's kind of what I am anticipating. I'm only going because of Ray McCleod whom I got to know during DOTV. I remember seeing the movie "My Sister Eileen" and while cute, it's not something that would really move me, so I don't expect much more from the show. But I think this is what folks seem to want, I return to the "old" Broadway.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: I Got the POTO Cast Album!!!!
 Jan 12 2004, 08:06:45 PM
Oh man....what a great thread to return to after being sick for so long. You guys are a riot. Thank you...
re: Happy Hanukah and Merry Christmas, Kwanza
 Dec 24 2003, 08:59:57 PM
I wish all of you the same. I have learned so very much on this board (not all of it good...LOL) and am very glad I found it and all of you, and look forward to the new year. You guys have made following the world of theater so much more interesting.

Happy happy to everyone!!

re: re: re: Tear Jerkers
 Dec 24 2003, 08:47:22 PM
Oh I have to agree with On My Own and also I Dreamed a Dream. but actually, that whole damn musical is just one sob fest after another..LOL

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE MUSICAL LEADING MAN
 Dec 24 2003, 08:40:31 PM
Oh no...not another Michael you don't like!!! (tee hee)

re: OK who is NOT between the ages of 13-19
 Dec 24 2003, 08:38:08 PM
I'm 48...I definitely think I'm outta that league...LOL

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: what broadway cd is in your player right now?
 Dec 24 2003, 08:36:56 PM
Scarlet Pimpernel in my portable cd player, Phantom in the bedroom DOTV in my puter...
re: re: What shows do you love but everybody else seems to hate?
 Nov 23 2003, 12:20:13 AM
Audrey and Old Bat...let's make it a trio. Definately Dance of the Vampires. Definitely a fabulous cast of very talented people who I am having a great time keeping up with these days, and yes, I adore Michael Crawford.
re: Years from now.....
 Nov 18 2003, 07:27:51 PM
Oh man DP..too funny. I'm sure I'll give it all the emotion it deserves.
re: re: TV APPEARENCES
 Nov 16 2003, 04:04:03 PM
What about the preshow on Thanksgiving? Do we know what shows are slated for that this year?

re: re: re: Who Comes Up With This Crap?
 Nov 16 2003, 04:03:17 PM
If you look at what's popular with the public these days, it'll explain it to you. Look at television, all those horrible reality shows. When people are flocking to watch others eat maggots and live spiders, why should it surprise you that a Jerry Springer musical and otherse like it is working?

As far as Mama Mia is concerned and others like that, I believe it's the comfort factor in the music, that it's all known and making people feeling nostalgic and happy away from the crap going on

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You