News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalfan3

musicalfan3 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicalfan3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER
 Sep 5 2011, 06:35:04 PM
Sorry ClapYo'Hands, I didn't mean to offend, and I am by no means an opera expert, and have no knowledge of Mr Evans' career. I'm just speaking as a member of the general public, for whom, to the majority, Wynne Evans is that "annoying man off those annoying adverts". So, once again, I didn't mean to offend, and I'm sure Mr Evans is a very talented man, and perhaps my wording was a little strong. I was just speaking from my limited knowledge of the man, and from the point of view of the majority
PHANTOM 25th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall DVD PRE-ORDER
 Sep 5 2011, 05:58:34 PM
I don't think this'll mean anything to the Americans, but having the "Go Compare" man in this is not a good sign! (Wynne Evans stars on a series of the most annoying adverts of all time in the UK, as a fat Italian Opera singer...)
Moments You Love in Cast Recordings
 Aug 15 2011, 11:44:00 AM
All of "I Can Do Better than That" on the Last Five Years recording, but especially the end. I don't think Sherrie's ever sounded better!
Annie Get Your Gun
 May 1 2011, 12:10:51 PM
Also, the revival version is a "show within a show", while the original is a more traditional book musical. I have to say I p-refer the revival's version, but that's just my preference.
Broadway Song-Dialogue Lyrics GAME
 Apr 18 2011, 10:26:34 AM
Another Night at Daryl's- Witches of Eastwick. Great Song!
-------------------------------
And when the Prince of Transylvania
Asked to meet her,
And gave his arm to lead her to the floor...! I said to him:
You did it! You did it! You did it!
They thought she was ecstatic
And so damned aristocratic,
And they never knew
That you
Did it!

Into The Woods - Digital Theatre Preorder
 Apr 10 2011, 01:34:02 PM
EricMontreal22- I was having the same problems as you, but everything works now. Once you have downloaded the player, you need to find wherever it is saved on your computer, and create a new folder (I called mine "Videos"). Then, on the Digital Theatre Player, you need to go to Preferences, click on Add, and then go through and double click on the new folder you've created wherever the player is saved. Once I had done this, all three of my videos started downloaded, and I can now relive this won
Saddest moment in musical
 Jan 8 2011, 12:29:52 PM
The only time I've cried at a musical was last month when I saw Love Story in London. I, and most of the people around me shed many tears when *SPOILER* Jenny dies. This was down to the understated manner in which both Emma Williams (who gave one of the best performances I've ever seen) and Michael Xavier, who plays Oliver, portrayed the scene, it being the ultimate climax to their characters who they had made us love throughout the show with their winning performances. However, I have to say th
Briget Jones
 Sep 1 2010, 06:26:47 AM
Here is an article with the full cast for the reading: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Daldry_Allen_Workshop_BRIDGET_JONES_Musical_Aiming_for_West_End_in_2011_20100630
re: If they made these shows into movies...
 Aug 23 2010, 04:09:12 PM
In no way a full cast, but if Cabaret were to ever be remade, I'd love to see Carey Mulligan as Sally. I don't know why, but I just think she has that Sally Bowles quality about her. Plus, she's English!
Which Follies Album Should I Get?
 Aug 15 2010, 04:35:28 PM
I'd say get the Papermill one if you can, if only for Dee Hoty's Ah, But Underneath, which is sublime. Though, having never seen the show, I thoroughly enjoy the OBC as well, especially for tracks such as "How could I leave you" and "Loosing My Mind".
Most beautiful scores?
 Aug 14 2010, 05:45:30 PM
I think Into the Woods has some songs that could be described as beautiful- Stay with me, Children will Listen, On the Steps of the Palace. Also, Loosing My Mind in Follies is quite beautiful. I know they're not full scores, but just thought I'd throw them out there. I agree with Sunday in the Park with George and Light in the Piazza especially.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You