News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DaneSaw

DaneSaw Profile Photo
Member Name: DaneSaw
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.myspace.com/farrell87
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who Feels Guilty....
 Jan 4 2009, 06:31:52 PM
The guilt is overwhelming. How dare I not be able to afford a Broadway show this week. *wrist slap*
re: Sticking Foot in Mouth When Meeting Performers
 Jan 4 2009, 06:26:06 PM
I never, ever know what to say when I meet performers. I always end up with something non-specific and generic like "Could you please sign this? You were fantastic!" and it always sounds forced and heinously fake. Small-talk is not my specialty when it comes to Broadway performers.... *sigh*
re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
 Jan 4 2009, 06:19:14 PM
I think everone expects and can tollerate a certain amound of cheering and screaming at Rent. Cheering when the cast takes the stage, during applause, at the end of the show, etc. aren't that big of a deal.

It's when people start cheering every time Roger comes onstage or whenever Mimi does something sexy or someone screams "I LOVE YOU EDEEEEEEN!" during Over the Moon that it gets inappropriate and out of hand. These people need to realize that everyone around them paid money to see a p

re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
 Jan 3 2009, 08:16:23 PM
I'm only 20 but I've seen my share of shows over the years in various stages of my youth and NEVER have I EVER thought it appropriate to audibly say or yell something during a performance. I can understand "WOOOOOO!" during roaring applause, but to say or scream anything in the middle of a performance where it was never intended to get applause is completely inappropriate.

And Rent is notorious for these idiotic screaming twats. At least twice I've been tempted to threaten violence to

re: Amateur production of CABARET (Is this allowed?)
 Dec 29 2008, 10:54:18 PM
Legally, however, they're not the same. If they were, there would be no such thing as a "copywright infringement" and people would just be charged with theft.
 Dec 29 2008, 10:42:00 PM
Sweet Jesus.

Theatrediva, what qolbinau is trying to get across is that copywright infringement and theft are not the same crime, do not have the same outcome, and are not enforced under the same circumstances.

As qolbinau said, it's the difference between walking out of a bookstore with unpaid merchandise and photocopying pages from a book. Both illegal, but different offenses.

That is all.

Dec 27 2008, 11:10:01 PM
He probably hasn't been stopped for the same reason a lot of productions like that haven't been stopped...they're not making much of a profit, they're not getting any kind of accolades or recognition on a large scale, and the number of productions that occur in that manner are so huge in number that it would be pointless to try to penalize one company when 12 others are probably doing the exact same thing elsewhere in the country.

If MTI or whatever company were to track down and pun

Dec 27 2008, 09:39:45 PM
I really don't think it's hurting anyone that this was done, especially by an amateur or community theater. It happens all the time. I know of a company that did "bare" before the performance rights were released and got around it by saying that they were doing a concert of a few songs when, in reality, they only cut the songs "Spring" and put on a full production...

Amateur theater usually doesn't get any kind of recognition for this sort of thing, nor do they usually make any money, e

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Dec 20 2008, 02:23:54 AM
-Ensemble members try to sabotage the show from within because they weren't cast as a lead.

-The band consists of a music director in her 40s and three high school students who would play for free.

-Cast members with staple guns walk around town stapling your show's poster to anything that will adhere.

-Cast members spend the entire 30 minutes before curtain on the phone directing their friends to the theater

re: Nederlander or NYTW?
 Feb 21 2008, 08:01:23 PM
....so whoever posted this wanted to know what theater it was because the marquee was different? And didn't take into the fact...well...the color of the building, the poster on the wall, the street, etc.? Wow.
re: Broadway Work Out Songs
 Feb 13 2008, 12:00:25 PM
If only "Carrie" had a cast recording..."In" would totally be on my workout playlist.
re: Bare: A Pop Opera
 Feb 12 2008, 03:38:38 PM
I'm not sure why they thought it was necessary to change Nadia's line at the end of that song for the studio recording...I feel like it was fine the way it was, and it does kind of seem out of place and overly-vulgar the way it is now.
 Feb 11 2008, 05:49:31 PM
http://barethemusical.com/performances/
 Feb 7 2008, 01:45:32 PM
I may have said this earlier, but bare is one show that, no matter what, always makes me cry at the drop of a hat. There's just no way I can get through the whole thing without shedding a tear, which I think says a lot about the power of the musical.
re: TV Musical with Groff, Arden, Cody & Keenan-Bolger
 Feb 1 2008, 09:41:46 PM
That was fantastic...I can't wait for the next episode! I enjoyed the fact that "This Is Your Life" took on a "La Vie Boheme" quality 3/4 of the way through...hah.
re: Cry-Baby logo
 Feb 1 2008, 09:41:05 PM
...anyway...

Um, the poster kind of looks like a western to me. Oklahoma or something. The colors kind of bother me.

That said, I'm excited to see the actual show.

Feb 1 2008, 06:14:11 PM
I wish this production was popping up more around the country. The closest it's coming to me is at UDel in March, can't wait!

I also heard about the recent Chicago production's Ivy being lackluster. I think it's very tough to cast a role like Ivy. I think she not only has to be able to play sexy/slutty, but she also has to have a LOOK to her.

Jan 31 2008, 04:14:10 PM
East Village, that's what absolutely kills me about "bare". It's a brilliant show, and while it was great in LA, I feel like it really matured and became a better polished, more flowing show once it got to New York. Some things from the LA production just fall flat, whereas the same moments from the NY show can bring tears to my eyes and chills down my spine just thinking about them.

I completely agree with Damon (and whoever else may be the cause) not having the patience to make the

Jan 31 2008, 10:59:41 AM
Ugh, I still prefer "....Cocktail, Peter's second favorite movie. His favorite? Top Gun."

Don't get me started on the changes made for the recording...

Jan 30 2008, 12:19:32 PM
I feel like almost everything gets a revival at one point or another, there's some kind of die-hard audience out there for every musical (yes, even Carrie).

I could see it MAYBE getting an off-Broadway revival, but I doubt it'll ever open on Broadway. Not without some big changes, anyway. And judging from the DVD and Damon's words on the matter, he doesn't like his story to be touched...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You