News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Blue-Eyed Wonder

Blue-Eyed Wonder Profile Photo
Member Name: Blue-Eyed Wonder
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Theater Etiquette-GRRR
 Mar 14 2008, 08:41:08 PM
Well, I guess I can answer the question that I initially started this post with. I must just be an old-fashioned girl, because I still believe that a person should dress for any kind of special ocassion. I guess I'd like to bring the good times back.

Call me old fashioned...

Mar 14 2008, 08:29:13 PM
LePetite- I should have clarified. I agree with you 100%, I meant the magic of the experience. The thing that makes going to the theater different than going to the movies.
 Mar 14 2008, 08:21:42 PM
jordan- I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. I just think it's an interesting topic that isn't really discussed. Go ahead and wear your jeans.
 Mar 14 2008, 08:12:14 PM
I don't think that dressing nicely is just a way to show some respect to the actors. Seeing someone and being someone who puts a bit of effort into their appearance jsut helps to keep the theater somehting special and different. I live in NYC and work in the theater, but I still believe in making an experience unlike any other, because that's what seeing a show on Broadway is. It doesn't matter that Times Square is a theme park and seeing a show has just become a ubiquitous part of a trip to New
 Mar 13 2008, 10:28:43 PM
Fair enough, Phyllis, but it's still a respect issue in my opinion. Also, as an actor, I think of it as a karmic issue too, but that's my personal, twisted thinking.
re: Gypsy Staging
 Mar 13 2008, 10:26:19 PM
Damn- I knew it! It was inevitable.
 Mar 13 2008, 10:24:27 PM
I don't consider going to the theater a special experience- I'm in the theater district nearly every day. A Broadway show is not a big deal, but I feel that it's a respect thing. It's not like going to see a movie, you're going to see people working and expressing their art. In my opinion, the least you can do is show the performers a bit of respect and (a) show up on time and (b) give your appearance a bit of thought. I understand nice jeans and a nice shirt, but it's the "I just rolled out of
Theater Etiquette-GRRR
 Mar 13 2008, 09:56:27 PM
Ok- am I just old fashioned or does lack of theater etiquette piss anyone else off. I mean, first of all, I won't wear jeans to a high school show, let alone a show on Broadway. I work right in the theater district selling Broadway merchandise and the number of people that I see who look like they rolled out of bed and threw on their jeans kind of disgusts me. And then you also see the occasional person in sweats and uggs- really? Then there's also the person who shows up fifteen minutes late an
Gypsy Staging
 Mar 13 2008, 09:42:38 PM
Have there been any changes in the staging for Gypsy since it opened? I mean, Patti's amazing, but the staging (with the sporadic scrim action)and the last moment of the show ruined it for me. Does anyone know if they've made changes?
Anna Marie Alberghetti question
 Jan 13 2008, 02:24:21 AM
Does anyone know anything about the rumors that Anna Marie Alberghetti had a big falling out with David Merrick during her run in Carnival? I've heard that she had some fight with him and she wouldn't show up for performances and he threatened to sue, but I can't find any details on the story. Anyone know anything?
re: Thoroughly Modern Millie!!
 Jan 9 2008, 10:22:02 PM
The thing you have to remember about Muzzy is that she's a rich widow who is the ultimate toast of the town. The song, as you know, is about the magic that is New York. In my opinion, you need to find a balance of two mentalities- that New York is as great as it is because of you and that you are as great as you are because of New York. It's this balance that can make this song.
re: Sunday In The Park Revival
 Jan 8 2008, 12:03:16 AM
Got it. Well, the musical director has changed, so I suppose there's a chance.
"I'm His Wife" music
 Jan 7 2008, 11:59:42 PM
I'm trying to find the sheet music for the song "I'm His Wife". All I know is that Carolee Carmello did it in a revue that was never released and the lyrics are by Nan Knighton. Can anyone help?
re: Sunday In The Park Revival
 Jan 7 2008, 11:57:34 PM
Well, I did see the tenative cast listing and it looked like a full cast. Definitely more than five people.
re: Has Anyone Topped MERMAID?
 Jan 7 2008, 11:40:19 PM
Well, maybe you have all just uncovered Ariel's true problem...

Can anyone say "daddy issues"?

Sunday In The Park Revival
 Jan 7 2008, 11:36:05 PM
Does anybody have any thoughts on the Sunday In The Park revival? I've heard the recording of the London cast, but I know there are some changes being made. Anybody know anything?

re: Where can I get a Playbill Binder?
 Jan 4 2008, 02:04:06 AM
I work at Broadway NY and Shubert Alley. We sell them with 18 sleeves because that's all that fits. But you can order extras on Playbill.com. Or you can get the ones with sliders that are cheaper and you won't have to worry about the sleeves. Those don't hold as many though.
re: Where can I get a Playbill Binder?
 Jan 4 2008, 02:03:34 AM
I work at Broadway NY and Shubert Alley. We sell them with 18 sleeves because that's all that fits. But you can order extras on Playbill.com. Or you can get the ones with sliders that are cheaper and you won't have to worry about the sleeves. Those don't hold as many though.
re: Best contrapuntal moments in a show (or movie, or ANYTHING)
 Jan 3 2008, 02:22:42 PM
Also Rain On The Roof/Ah, Paris/Broadway Baby from Follies
re: Best contrapuntal moments in a show (or movie, or ANYTHING)
 Jan 3 2008, 02:51:34 AM
The Tea Party- Dear World
In the Same Boat- Curtains
Love Will See Us Through/You're Gonna Love Tomorrow- Follies

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You